Dolly House work

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Debbie@TNGUN

Dolly House work

Post by Debbie@TNGUN »

Here is what I did over the weekend with the dolly house. I should be BUFF after all of this but instead, I am just fluffy. ~sigh~

With the skirting up around the outside, the next job was to move this gravel from here to over there...

Shovel by shovel, barrow by barrow.
This was the back side before:

And after :D

And then I needed to do along the long wall against the fence. Previously I had buried the power cable that was in the trench that we dug. After the cable was buried but before the rock was moved back:

Done!

This was the part of the cable trench that had not been buried yet. Tonight my friend will come over and help me to finish the wiring and hook this section up to the house (it's already in the house, we just ran out of wire so had to figure out how to fix this and get more supplies. I am SOOOOOO excited at the thought of turning on a switch to a light in the Dolly House tonight! OMG...I can hardly breathe!
Anyway, over time, since we dud this trench in February I believe, the spring rains had washed dirt back down into it. It MUST be 24" deep, no less. Before:

I got that done too and laid that section of the cable in the trench incase it were to rain or dirt were to fall back in.

After that, I took an ENTIRE DAY to set the bricks how I want them to be. My husband needed me for some tasks the next day so I have not set the bricks in mortar yet but they are ready and are being protected from gravel falling back to them as we enter the building. I LOVE how this looks. It's just what I wanted...

The stepping stones are just temporary like this to protect my work. I have plans for a stoop of sort later.

I will be moving more gravel later after the mortar is done. It will cover the bricks in the front here to a depth of about 6 inches:

That is when I'll add my stoop.

I am really REALLY pleased with the work I got done over the weekend. I will be at a doll show in Portland, Oregon this coming weekend so the mortar will have to wait until the following weekend. The mudder is supposed to be here today but I'm not sure he will make it. He is doing that work on his off time from work so I'm not worried. He will get it done. And he's doing SUCH a nice job!

And did I mention....Tonight will be LIGHT! EEEEEEeeeeeeeeKKKKKKKkkkkkkkkk!
Debbie
They Never Grow Up Nursery
Where babies are babies...Forever!

http://www.theynevergrowupnursery.com

BLOG: http://theynevergrowupnursery.blogspot.com

MOHAIR and LDC Color Guides: http://TheyNeverGrowUpNursery.artfire.com
Rhonda W

Re: Dolly House work

Post by Rhonda W »

Debbie, I'm so jealous I love your dolly house and all of the work you have done. A very special place for sure.
Have a GREAT day!!!!! :hi:
DMKreiser

Post by DMKreiser »

I am impressed!! You and your extras have done an amazing job!!
Sewingroom57

Post by Sewingroom57 »

Love your dolly house ,enjoy the switch on of the lights.xxx
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

I love it so much and from all the work you are doing I know that you love it to. Well done Debbie, we are really proud of you.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
sherrybug

Post by sherrybug »

I am so excited for you. I cannot wait to see the next stage of progress.
You have put so much work and love into it.
Hugs,
Sherry

I do Silicone custom painting

Dion

Post by Dion »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And you said that you aren't buff after all your work!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just making you smile!

Everything looks so awesome, Debbie. Shoveling gravel is HARD work. Whew! You are going to deserve a very long rest after all of the work you have done.

:foryou: Hugs, Dion
erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

AMAAAAAAZING!!!!!! You're just capable of anything. Enjoy that light switching and take pix.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
Debbie@TNGUN

Post by Debbie@TNGUN »

Dion wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And you said that you aren't buff after all your work!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just making you smile!

Everything looks so awesome, Debbie. Shoveling gravel is HARD work. Whew! You are going to deserve a very long rest after all of the work you have done.

ROLLING OF MY BALL LAUGHING!!!! You are just a HOOT Dion! I'm afraid if I looked like that, my husband would be afraid to touch me! ROFL!!!
Oh giggle, giggle, snort fart all the way back to work!
Debbie
They Never Grow Up Nursery
Where babies are babies...Forever!

http://www.theynevergrowupnursery.com

BLOG: http://theynevergrowupnursery.blogspot.com

MOHAIR and LDC Color Guides: http://TheyNeverGrowUpNursery.artfire.com
Dion

Post by Dion »

:twisted: :twisted: Yes, I am full of mischief for sure. I just can't help myself sometimes! :lol: Now you made me laugh, too!

She was the best looking one I could find. Some of them were VERY scary looking! I would love to be that slender, but I wouldn't want muscles like that :shock: . I don't have to worry, however. Haha! I always love and identify with the tall, slender Elves on Lord of the Rings, but my boys tease me and say that I look a little more like the red-haired Dwarf, Gimli! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I'm afraid they are right, but my oldest son got me a replica of Arwen's Elven necklace anyway! LOL!

If you keep it up you MIGHT look like that, though. I'm tired out just seeing what you have done!

sarahbelle

Post by sarahbelle »

You have done so well i absolutly :heart: :heart: :heart: it :D
Sarah x
MonikaS

Post by MonikaS »

Awesome work there! So excited for the lights, too!
MonikaS
AnnieUK

Post by AnnieUK »

Looking good. X
If you don't have a dream, it will never come true.