Is it just me?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
jodiedenney

Is it just me?

Post by jodiedenney »

I love that the doll sculpts are getting cuter, and cuter, and more realistic. I do, however, have a few pet peeves concerning them. One is that I wish the necks on the cloth body babies were larger, so the dolls could fit better in real baby clothing. Another problem to me is that silicone heads are very often too heavy for the body they are on. Many times, the heavy head just pulls the body backwards. I know more stuffing can be put in, but that doesn't always help much. Why can't cloth bodies be made of heavier fabric? Since I am on a roll...it would be great if vinyl sculpts could be soft, more like silicone. I think the look and realism is even better in the vinyl medium.

Well, is it just me, or do some of you agree?
~Valerie~Anne~

Re: Is it just me?

Post by ~Valerie~Anne~ »

I also wish dolls had a bit more beyond the neck, it's hard to find clothes that fit right up around the neck. I usually have to pin the clothes in the back.
Emma Rose
Annette

Post by Annette »

I agree with the comments about the necks. Maybe the artists could make them so that they have just a small plate at the front, just like on some of the old porcelain dolls? It wouldn't take much more vinyl to make one attached to the neck. :) Just a thought.
Hugs Annette
erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

As long as we're stating pet peeves, mine is body length. So many dolls have an unrealistic length to their bodies. Some too long, some too short. I know it's easy enough to change a cloth body but some of the FB silicones look this way to me too. Is it just me? Some arm and leg lengths too. Just a suggestion.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
love4reborns

Post by love4reborns »

I just wish all silicone babies had a soft stomach!!

I want a full body, but the only two artist I know who so soft cores are Claire Taylor and An Huang!
jubileejulie

Post by jubileejulie »

I think a bigger neck and/or a longer neck with part of a chest plate attached would make the baby move unrealistically. An attached chest plate would not allow the head to be floppy. A bigger neck would look oddly proportioned.
Debbie@TNGUN

Post by Debbie@TNGUN »

Lorraine of Dream a Little Dream Nursery makes THICK cloth bodies for silicones that are FANTASTIC!

http://www.daldnursery.com/index.html
Debbie
They Never Grow Up Nursery
Where babies are babies...Forever!

http://www.theynevergrowupnursery.com

BLOG: http://theynevergrowupnursery.blogspot.com

MOHAIR and LDC Color Guides: http://TheyNeverGrowUpNursery.artfire.com
Dreambabies52

Post by Dreambabies52 »

Without fail , I have to do surgery and alter the body. The length is always too long and over stuffed.
Lori JR

Post by Lori JR »

Debbie@TNGUN wrote:Lorraine of Dream a Little Dream Nursery makes THICK cloth bodies for silicones that are FANTASTIC!

http://www.daldnursery.com/index.html
Thank you!!! :heart:
tixiepixi_linda

Post by tixiepixi_linda »

Peeves :lol:
Mine are bodies that are overstuffed at the shoulder/top of arm making the baby look like it lifts weights

Lipstick lips

Old man comb overs

For sale pics that don't show baby without a paci
x Hugs x
Linda

Madison by Andrea Arcello
HushabyeMargie

Post by HushabyeMargie »

The problem is that real infants really don't have much of a neck or chin/jaw. I usually run a ribbon through the neckline of the outfit and tighten it up by tying in the back.
Blessings!
Margie
Hushabye Babies
TamaraLynn

Post by TamaraLynn »

HushabyeMargie wrote:The problem is that real infants really don't have much of a neck or chin/jaw. I usually run a ribbon through the neckline of the outfit and tighten it up by tying in the back.
great idea!
VISIT ME AT KENDRA'S GARDEN Babies
"Like" me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/KendrasGarden
Lori JR

Post by Lori JR »

HushabyeMargie wrote:The problem is that real infants really don't have much of a neck or chin/jaw. I usually run a ribbon through the neckline of the outfit and tighten it up by tying in the back.
Ok this IS a great idea!!!! Thank you!! :foryou:

Lori
Beth

Post by Beth »

Margie you are so smart thanks so much. That's a wonderful idea!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Hugs,
Beth
Melissas Babies

Post by Melissas Babies »

Babies come in all shapes and sizes just like us. , long bodies short bodies long arms short legs tiny feet big feet!!! My suggestion learn to make your own the way you like it! i personaly love the variations!
Creations from the Heart
I take paypal
money orders
checks
layaways available

http://www.doll-fan.com/gallery2/v/melissasbabies/
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 154&type=1
Mark_Haysman

Post by Mark_Haysman »

My pet peeve..the usual....2x size please!
Silvia

Post by Silvia »

About the necks I have had all types, short necks, normal necks and longer necks... all of them shows in some moments the cloth body, so I think there's not a perfect long for them, as Lori said reall babies doesn't have much neck... Usually too short necks doesn't show any problem as the neck circumference are bigger so the clothes adjust better. Normal size necks, in some moment shows the cloth body. Longer ones (like Reese Arcello) are great because it gives more movement, but shows the cloth body too... so... anyone found the perfect size? :dunno: About the bodies... is my always complain, the kits never have the correct size when they came, I mean, ''X'' kit is 21'' then you got it and try different bodies and finally a 19'' fits perfect for it... so... I never trust on bodies until I have the kit in the hand. Lot of them are too wide and the baby looks super fat then the rest of the baby have a thin complexion ... I always have to order them and I am very picky, ''slender'' ''short shoulder caps'' to avoid those super extra long arms looking, the hip area a bit more stretch to avoid they look spread - eagled, gathering chest to avoid the head move like crazy.. find the perfect body is difficult. About the vinyls... personally, I have to say I can't with those siliconed - vinyls... awful to paint (me, of course) and my little pet peeve.. hope more kits would have deeper nostrils sculpted, I am afraid to open nostrils and if they are very deep is easier to paint them like 'opened' ones.