I need help!!!!!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
sandy

I need help!!!!!

Post by sandy »

Hi girls, I am hoping someone can help me here, I have finished rooting dakota (a very soft silicone/vinyl ) how do I seal her hair, I was taught to use hard as nails but can I use it on this vinyl. I would appreciate any help offered. :heart: :heart:
Silvia

Re: I need help!!!!!

Post by Silvia »

sandy wrote:Hi girls, I am hoping someone can help me here, I have finished rooting dakota (a very soft silicone/vinyl ) how do I seal her hair, I was taught to use hard as nails but can I use it on this vinyl. I would appreciate any help offered. :heart: :heart:
You can use the same as on the normal vinyl, at least I have used the same on that siliconed-vinyl and the hair was sealed. I use Mod Podge to seal hair.
lifesabeachbabyKim

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

I use Mod Podge mostly too but I have found that The Ultimate Glue adheres better than the Mod Podge especially on that super soft vinyl. Just whatever you do don't use silicone sealant. :wink:
Debbie@TNGUN

Post by Debbie@TNGUN »

I have always used this product for sealing my dolls hair and lashes. You have to plug up the nostrils so that the spray does not come out and ruin your paint job (I use a Q-tip broke in half and stick a half up each nostril) and I also put a paper towel over the flange, cutting out a hole for the flange to fit in to protect the face from over spray. It dries quick and odor free. I take out the Q-tops as soon as I have placed the head upside down to dry. I've been using it for 10 years on every type of vinyl with never a problem.

Debbie
They Never Grow Up Nursery
Where babies are babies...Forever!

http://www.theynevergrowupnursery.com

BLOG: http://theynevergrowupnursery.blogspot.com

MOHAIR and LDC Color Guides: http://TheyNeverGrowUpNursery.artfire.com
HushabyeMargie

Post by HushabyeMargie »

Mod Podge is water soluble when wet. Once it dries, it is washable.
Blessings!
Margie
Hushabye Babies
sandy

Post by sandy »

Thank you so much girls, I have never heard of modge podge is that american? :heart:
lifesabeachbabyKim

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

sandy wrote:Thank you so much girls, I have never heard of modge podge is that american? :heart:
Yes it is an American product(I think) This was the last place I bought it but it is available everywhere. (Walmart, Joanne's, Micheals, ebay, Amazon, among many other places) I found some for a really good price and bought it on Amazon the last time. All you need is a fan brush to apply it and then wash it out really well afterwards. I don't know if you need this much of it(The container I bought is about the size of a large drink at a fast food drive-thru) but they have several sizes. I have bought it at Micheals and ebay too.