Baby hush a by - hornby crying doll

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
03loo

Baby hush a by - hornby crying doll

Post by 03loo »

After seeing another post here about a childhood dream doll it got me reminiscing about a dolly I had when I was around 5 years old.

She was a crying baby with eye lids and would stop crying when you picked her up. I had many hours playng with her putting her in my sisters pink pram (with our unforgiving cat who eventually ran away - I wonder if the crying doll had anything to do with it :lol: )

Anyway, I thought I would do some searching to see if I could pin point who she was. I recall my sisters bright idea of giving her a hair cut and me thinking it was a wonderful idea. Until Sarah (my sister - 4 years older than me may I add) cut it all off leaving little tuffs on top of her head and then me realising that it won't grow back. It was a sad day for me.

So it literally took me five minutes to find her - the hush a by crying doll by Hornby.

Now this is along shot, has anybody got one they would like to share? Xx
MonikaS

Re: Baby hush a by - hornby crying doll

Post by MonikaS »

Did you find a new one or your old one with the haircut? I never heard of her, sorry. I will look her up. I like your story of her. :D
MonikaS
Birgits yodle toddler

Post by Birgits yodle toddler »

Oh I can understand you totally, I am looking for my childhood doll from the 70ths for ages now, a baby girl "Schmuserle" by Mattel, she had a drink and wet System and could sleep and be awake, she had blond hair.....
I hope that you find your dream Baby from your childhood again! Hugs Birgit

Happy to be doing good and let the sparrows whistle!
03loo

Post by 03loo »

Hope you find her too. Xxx