Really?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
marilyn

Really?

Post by marilyn »

Baby is cute but not $5,000 worth???? JMO

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KIRA-A-PUMPKIN- ... SwZVhWSLrl
Pebby

Re: Really?

Post by Pebby »

Maybe it's a typo?
izzy

Post by izzy »

I have heard about that artist before...Lynn...not exactly good things..particularly about her ego (I think, don't quote me). Can't remember anymore, but maybe some older members will.
anniesbabies

Post by anniesbabies »

Pebby wrote:Maybe it's a typo?

Possibly, but it does state the payment terms just beneath the full price. Yes, cute baby but the eyelashes niggle me!
anniesbabies

Post by anniesbabies »

anniesbabies wrote:
Pebby wrote:Maybe it's a typo?

Possibly, but it does state the payment terms just beneath the full price. Yes, cute baby but the eyelashes niggle me!
That's odd, they have disappeared now :?
jacque123

Post by jacque123 »

Lynn posted on Facebook that she had a non paying customer and that EBay was doing nothing about it. She, also, stated that she has been selling on EBay for like 11 years and that now she will just price her dolls really high knowing that they won't sell, but, is going to use EBay for Advertising her work and that people will have to go to her website to purchase them.
renee73

Post by renee73 »

Annette

Post by Annette »

:shock:
Last edited by Annette on Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hugs Annette
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

Well, I'd be hardpressed to pay that amount for ANY reborn.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Well, it is reborn by Lynn Katsaris. We know her. Hmmmmm, I wonder what it is stuffed with?
LollipopCradle_Paula

Post by LollipopCradle_Paula »

jacque123 wrote:Lynn posted on Facebook that she had a non paying customer and that EBay was doing nothing about it. She, also, stated that she has been selling on EBay for like 11 years and that now she will just price her dolls really high knowing that they won't sell, but, is going to use EBay for Advertising her work and that people will have to go to her website to purchase them.
I can't imagine how that would be good advertisement. With that kind of price I wouldn't even bother looking at her website. I would know I couldn't afford her work.
19debra

Post by 19debra »

From what I've heard about her over the years, you wouldn't want her work for any price.
Annette

Post by Annette »

From what I've heard about her over the years, you wouldn't want her work for any price.
Agreed.
LollipopCradle_Paula wrote:
I can't imagine how that would be good advertisement. With that kind of price I wouldn't even bother looking at her website. I would know I couldn't afford her work.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Who would go and look at her website, with prices like that? I don't see the logic in that at all.
Hugs Annette
Elisabettas Babies

Post by Elisabettas Babies »

Either it was the fumes from the pumpkin pie, or her ego priced that doll... she hasn't improved a single speck since we both started, and the quality of materials and work are questionable to say the least. Who remembers the babies stuffed with bags of red Arizona dirt?
Annette

Post by Annette »

Elisabettas Babies wrote:Either it was the fumes from the pumpkin pie, or her ego priced that doll... she hasn't improved a single speck since we both started, and the quality of materials and work are questionable to say the least. Who remembers the babies stuffed with bags of red Arizona dirt?
LOL.....yep, I remember. Maybe she thinks they're worth more since she was on tv with them? Real estate is worth a lot these days......especially if you put some of it INSIDE the doll. ;) :lol:
Hugs Annette
SusanSVS

Post by SusanSVS »

In her television interview (I believe it was entitled My Odd Obsession, or something like that) she proudly declared she could make a reborn in a day. That should give an indication of the quality.

Susan
kd

Post by kd »

Maybe the seller posts her dolls with extreme prices, becasue she enjoys people discussing her dolls? ha :D
Judith19

Post by Judith19 »

Only one word~~~~~NO!!!!!! :heart: :heart:
AZRAYA $350.00 SOLD

Pebby

Post by Pebby »

Isnt she going against ebay policy's anyway? I didn't know you were allowed to even list your web site. In my opinion this is one of her worst dolls she has done.
anniesbabies

Post by anniesbabies »

renee73 wrote:Yep here is another one...lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAROLINE-A-PUMP ... Swv-NWUf8s
And more dreadful eyelashes :(