What is the most cost-effective way to ship toddler dolls?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Sis

What is the most cost-effective way to ship toddler dolls?

Post by Sis »

I have a rather large toddler reborn (28 inches) that will be listed on eBay on Monday, but I need help knowing what the most cost-effective way to ship her would be. I don't want to scare off potential buyers with outrageous shipping costs!

What has worked for you in the past?

Thank you in advance!
gailcarey

Re: What is the most cost-effective way to ship toddler doll

Post by gailcarey »

If you find one please let me know. I usually charge around 50 dollars for shipping to USA from Canada with Canada Post for my big dolls.
heatherisdolliecrazy

Post by heatherisdolliecrazy »

I am in Canada as well. Its usually about $50 or so to send via Canada post. I wrap the baby's limbs in bubble wrap. Diaper around the head. put in a trash bag and put in the box. I then put each of the extra outfits and accessories in a plastic bag and use diapers and the clothes as padding around the baby in the box. Hope this helps
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

If she is on a jointed body.. I will often pull up her legs at the hips and if you will picture this the doll is folded in half basically..
I wrap a large blanket around each limb and her face for protection. She will fit into a smaller square box.. and there is no harm to the doll. Then I add tissue and bubble packs where there is a space.. :D :D
EmilyJ

Post by EmilyJ »

UPS :wink: I just shipped a 10lb doll by UPS for $36 that would have cost $60 to send with the post office. Of course, alot of that price was insurance, but you get the idea. :wink:
:heart: Lilliana reborn by Daria Makarenkova :heart:
Lilliana doll kits are available to purchase now!

http://www.babiesbyemily.com/
http://www.facebook.com/babiesbyemily
Sis

Post by Sis »

LindaBforbabies wrote:If she is on a jointed body.. I will often pull up her legs at the hips and if you will picture this the doll is folded in half basically..
I wrap a large blanket around each limb and her face for protection. She will fit into a smaller square box.. and there is no harm to the doll. Then I add tissue and bubble packs where there is a space.. :D :D
Ahh...I had forgotten about folding them up! Thank you!
Sis

Post by Sis »

EmilyJ wrote:UPS :wink: I just shipped a 10lb doll by UPS for $36 that would have cost $60 to send with the post office. Of course, alot of that price was insurance, but you get the idea. :wink:
Thank you! Last time I tried to ship a big doll by USPS it cost nearly $80! I don't want to do that again. :) Thank you so much!
skhogan

Post by skhogan »

Sis wrote:
EmilyJ wrote:UPS :wink: I just shipped a 10lb doll by UPS for $36 that would have cost $60 to send with the post office. Of course, alot of that price was insurance, but you get the idea. :wink:
Thank you! Last time I tried to ship a big doll by USPS it cost nearly $80! I don't want to do that again. :) Thank you so much!
USPS is the United States Postal Service whereas UPS is United Postal Service. They are different from on another. I think Emily was talking about UPS not USPS. USPS is government run. UPS is not.
Sis

Post by Sis »

skhogan wrote:
Sis wrote:
USPS is the United States Postal Service whereas UPS is United Postal Service. They are different from on another. I think Emily was talking about UPS not USPS. USPS is government run. UPS is not.
Yes! Oh my, that last post of mine came across completely different from what I was trying to say. :oops: What I was trying to say, and did an absolutely terrible job of, was that I tried to ship a doll via USPS and it was quite expensive. I am very glad to hear that UPS was so reasonable for miss Emily and I'm happy to know that there is an alternative to the post office for larger dolls.

Sorry for that miscommunication! :oops:
Sandis Doll House

Post by Sandis Doll House »

I always use UPS for shipping big dolls. The PO has gotten ridiculous. It costed me almost $70 to mail to silicone dolls.