Problems with creating an eBay auction (grr)

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Sis

Problems with creating an eBay auction (grr)

Post by Sis »

All last year, I used my html auction template that I had purchased from TemplatesbyLynn (on eBay). It worked perfectly with the eBay auction-making page.

But now, eBay has revamped their entire site, and it's quite difficult--if not impossible--to manipulate my auction template in the tiny, rectangular window eBay provides (when I'm making my auction).

Has anyone else had trouble with this? Can anything be done to make it easier to edit my template?
TinyTimms_Doris

Re: Problems with creating an eBay auction (grr)

Post by TinyTimms_Doris »

Hmmm... I just listed mine using one of her templates and I didn't notice that. I hope they are not changing things! I am sorry I am no help.
Sis

Post by Sis »

Okay, that's encouraging actually! Maybe it is just my computer! I'll try on a different computer and see if I can get it to cooperate.
debi reborn classics

Post by debi reborn classics »

I use a html practice site to insert my photos and wording before inserting the auction on eBay.
This is the site that I use...http://www.practiceboard.com/
Ginas_reborns

Post by Ginas_reborns »

There is an option for you to use the classic way when setting up your action. x
Sis

Post by Sis »

Ginas_reborns wrote:There is an option for you to use the classic way when setting up your action. x
Where can I do that? Is there a setting for it?
Ginas_reborns

Post by Ginas_reborns »

Sis wrote:
Ginas_reborns wrote:There is an option for you to use the classic way when setting up your action. x

Yes when you set up your auction you go through the category part to get to your "create a listing" page, at the top of that page on the right is a tool bar with one option saying "switch to advanced tool" click on that, you will get a pop up saying they recommend you do not switch but click on switch and it will take you to the classic style auction set up. x
Sis

Post by Sis »

Ginas_reborns wrote:
Sis wrote:

Yes when you set up your auction you go through the category part to get to your "create a listing" page, at the top of that page on the right is a tool bar with one option saying "switch to advanced tool" click on that, you will get a pop up saying they recommend you do not switch but click on switch and it will take you to the classic style auction set up. x

Oh my goodness Miss Gina, thank you so much!!!! You have saved my bacon! :wink: I happened to be at the Apple store today and asked them if the problem was possibly software related...even the folks at the genius bar had no idea how to fix it! I cannot thank you enough!!
Ginas_reborns

Post by Ginas_reborns »

Sis wrote:
Ginas_reborns wrote:
Sis wrote:

Oh my goodness Miss Gina, thank you so much!!!! You have saved my bacon! :wink: I happened to be at the Apple store today and asked them if the problem was possibly software related...even the folks at the genius bar had no idea how to fix it! I cannot thank you enough!!

You are very welcome ~ glad I could help. xx
Sandis Doll House

Post by Sandis Doll House »

debi reborn classics wrote:I use a html practice site to insert my photos and wording before inserting the auction on eBay.
This is the site that I use...http://www.practiceboard.com/

Thank you for posting that site. I have been looking for it and for the life of me couldn't remember the name! :foryou:
debi reborn classics

Post by debi reborn classics »

Thank you for posting that site. I have been looking for it and for the life of me couldn't remember the name! :foryou:
Your welcome! That is the only way I know how to do an auction. I have to use that site first. lol