Question regarding PayPal & International Orders

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
rebornartkristinab

Question regarding PayPal & International Orders

Post by rebornartkristinab »

Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this is where I would post this but I had a question. Someone that is interested in purchasing a reborn from me lives in Croatia. I sent her the invoice through PayPal however she said that it won't work. Here is what she messaged me:

"We are in the bank now and PayPal has only options inside of the USA, there is no options for our state so we can not complete the questionnaire and therefore it doesn't accept. The bank personal helped me but since there is no option for our state, just inside the USA, it doesn't accept the payment. So now I don't know how to pay directly to your account."

I have sent invoices internationally before with no problems, so I am a little confused. Is Croatia not accepted through PayPal? Do I need to do anything special when invoicing?
Any help or suggestions is appreciated...

Thanks so much,
Kristina
Suzanne

Re: Question regarding PayPal & International Orders

Post by Suzanne »

I don't know about that.. it says on here that Paypal can send and receive in Croatia

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/country-worldwide
rebornartkristinab

Suzanne wrote:I don't know about that.. it says on here that Paypal can send and receive in Croatia

Thank you. I don't know what she is doing but she claims that she goes to the bank and it doesn't work. I'm not sure if she understands that she can pay online, that PayPal isn't an actual bank. She wants account numbers and I don't feel comfortable giving ANY account numbers. I am going to message her again and try to explain it to her again.

Thanks for your help! :)
heatherisdolliecrazy

Post by heatherisdolliecrazy »

best of luck. as far as i now paypal is worldwide. Sounds kinda fishy to me. Just be careful.
rebornartkristinab

heatherisdolliecrazy wrote:best of luck. as far as i now paypal is worldwide. Sounds kinda fishy to me. Just be careful.
That's exactly what I am feeling too. Thank you!
Sandis Doll House

Post by Sandis Doll House »

rebornartkristinab wrote:
heatherisdolliecrazy wrote:best of luck. as far as i now paypal is worldwide. Sounds kinda fishy to me. Just be careful.
That's exactly what I am feeling too. Thank you!

Me three!
noniesgirl - Gina

Post by noniesgirl - Gina »

Sounds fishy to me also. I have sold to Croatia and the customers have never had a problem.
rebornartkristinab

noniesgirl - Gina wrote:Sounds fishy to me also. I have sold to Croatia and the customers have never had a problem.
The whole conversation with this girl has been fishy. The whole thing is making me nervous, so I have canceled the invoice I sent her. I did message her to let her know as well as trying to explain everything again. Thank you everyone for your input, it makes me feel better knowing that I am not the only one that feels this way. :D
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

Suzanne wrote:I don't know about that.. it says on here that Paypal can send and receive in Croatia

Thank you. I don't know what she is doing but she claims that she goes to the bank and it doesn't work. I'm not sure if she understands that she can pay online, that PayPal isn't an actual bank. She wants account numbers and I don't feel comfortable giving ANY account numbers. I am going to message her again and try to explain it to her again.

DO NOT GIVE HER ANY ACCOUNT NUMBERS.... That does sound really fishy and if she went to a bank surely a bank would know Paypal is nothing they can help her with...
rebornartkristinab

Suzanne wrote:

DO NOT GIVE HER ANY ACCOUNT NUMBERS.... That does sound really fishy and if she went to a bank surely a bank would know Paypal is nothing they can help her with...
I gave her nothing, not even my full name. I have also cancelled the invoice that I sent her.
EmilyJ

Post by EmilyJ »

Sounds to me like she just doesn't understand what Paypal is. :?
:heart: Lilliana reborn by Daria Makarenkova :heart:
Lilliana doll kits are available to purchase now!

http://www.babiesbyemily.com/
http://www.facebook.com/babiesbyemily