Anyone had a breedveld silicone go missing in post ????

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Dion

Re: Anyone had a breedveld silicone go missing in post ????

Post by Dion »

Pebby wrote:
Dion wrote:
The artist is Ida Gonzales and she is the person who I had reborn my Declan Breedveld. She does amazing work. She often does the prototypes for Lilianne Breedveld and she sells her silicone reborns here on DF. Lilianne has said that she has already contacted Ida.

Concerning, insurance.....I have recently sent two dolls to Great Britain and the US Post Office will NOT let me add any insurance for the doll. Priority has a small amount of insurance, I think that it's around $200.00 or so, and if your doll is a $2000.00 doll, you can't add $1800.00 worth of insurance to the package. Our post office says that it's Royal Mail that doesn't allow the insurance to be added. IF the baby went through the post office, it may have only been covered for a nominal amount of insurance. It makes me worried to send dolls out to Great Britain through the post office now. I do not know about other carriers. Maybe some of you who use UPS or others could enlighten me.

:foryou: Hugs, Dion
Pebby wrote: Dion, is that something new cause I always us the post office for International package and ship Express ( the most expensive way) and they allow me to add insurance and I get tracking wit it. I think up to 1000.00
It's been the last few months and maybe it's because I ship USPS Priority :dunno: . I forgot which baby I was sending out, but I said a lot of prayers while it was en route. It is only with Great Britain and I haven't had it happen with other countries, although, I certainly haven't sent things out to very many other countries. There is tracking with Priority, too. Maybe they allow more insurance with Express??? I don't know. It didn't used to be like this though. I have sent out very expensive dolls in days past and they always allowed me to insure the full amount. I liked that much better.

Lilianne

Post by Lilianne »

HI LADIES, I DID SEND YESTERDAY A MAIL TO THE BUYER WHO NEVER RECEIVED THE DOLL (CUSTOMER OF IDA'S PROTOTYPE) BUT DIDN'T RECEIVED A RESPONSE YET TO MY MESSAGE.
I CAN'T DO MUCH MORE BECAUSE I'M NOT THE SELLER OF THE DOLL. :?
:grouphug:
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

Dion wrote:
Pebby wrote:
Dion wrote:
The artist is Ida Gonzales and she is the person who I had reborn my Declan Breedveld. She does amazing work. She often does the prototypes for Lilianne Breedveld and she sells her silicone reborns here on DF. Lilianne has said that she has already contacted Ida.

Concerning, insurance.....I have recently sent two dolls to Great Britain and the US Post Office will NOT let me add any insurance for the doll. Priority has a small amount of insurance, I think that it's around $200.00 or so, and if your doll is a $2000.00 doll, you can't add $1800.00 worth of insurance to the package. Our post office says that it's Royal Mail that doesn't allow the insurance to be added. IF the baby went through the post office, it may have only been covered for a nominal amount of insurance. It makes me worried to send dolls out to Great Britain through the post office now. I do not know about other carriers. Maybe some of you who use UPS or others could enlighten me.

Pebby wrote: Dion, is that something new cause I always us the post office for International package and ship Express ( the most expensive way) and they allow me to add insurance and I get tracking wit it. I think up to 1000.00
It's been the last few months and maybe it's because I ship USPS Priority :dunno: . I forgot which baby I was sending out, but I said a lot of prayers while it was en route. It is only with Great Britain and I haven't had it happen with other countries, although, I certainly haven't sent things out to very many other countries. There is tracking with Priority, too. Maybe they allow more insurance with Express??? I don't know. It didn't used to be like this though. I have sent out very expensive dolls in days past and they always allowed me to insure the full amount. I liked that much better.

I know our US postal service has made many changes and I must say not for the better. I always ship Global Express to the International countries and I to pray that it gets there safely.
EmilyJ

Post by EmilyJ »

FYI, Global Express is hired out to FedEx. The buyer will probably be charged alot more in customs fees with FedEx because they add in their cut.

Also, it is helpful to put a slip of paper in the box that has an address and return address on it. That will help prevent loss in case for some reason the outside label becomes illegible.
:heart: Lilliana reborn by Daria Makarenkova :heart:
Lilliana doll kits are available to purchase now!

http://www.babiesbyemily.com/
http://www.facebook.com/babiesbyemily
mandyuk

Post by mandyuk »

Lilianne wrote:HI LADIES, I DID SEND YESTERDAY A MAIL TO THE BUYER WHO NEVER RECEIVED THE DOLL (CUSTOMER OF IDA'S PROTOTYPE) BUT DIDN'T RECEIVED A RESPONSE YET TO MY MESSAGE.
I CAN'T DO MUCH MORE BECAUSE I'M NOT THE SELLER OF THE DOLL. :?
That's really good of you Lilianne I hope you get some response xxx
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

How terrible.............that is so scary...............I would definitely not send without insurance.........Hope the real Mommy gets her Breedveld..Hugs, Kathy
Tiffeny

Post by Tiffeny »

What i'm not understanding is that on the instruction sheet it says if you have any questions please email preciousbabies@charter.net
Shouldn't somebody just email her and ask her if she had a baby go missing and who the buyer was?
Just a thought. Surely someone must know her. I would email her but I don't know her.
mandyuk

Post by mandyuk »

Tiffeny wrote:What i'm not understanding is that on the instruction sheet it says if you have any questions please email preciousbabies@charter.net
Shouldn't somebody just email her and ask her if she had a baby go missing and who the buyer was?
Just a thought. Surely someone must know her. I would email her but I don't know her.
Lilianne has already emailed the lady who sold her and was waiting a response.
Lilianne

Post by Lilianne »

STILL NO RESPONSE FROM THE THE BUYER. (WHO NEVER RECEIVED THE DOL) :?
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

EmilyJ wrote:FYI, Global Express is hired out to FedEx. The buyer will probably be charged alot more in customs fees with FedEx because they add in their cut.

Also, it is helpful to put a slip of paper in the box that has an address and return address on it. That will help prevent loss in case for some reason the outside label becomes illegible.
Well there is no other way around it, I am surely not going to send an International package without tracking or insurance. That must be new as all my packages are tracked thru the postal service.
EmilyJ

Post by EmilyJ »

Pebby, there is tracking through USPS no matter what method you use. :wink: The only thing that is not trackable is Flat Rate packaging.

Like I said, EMS also offers insurance (for Europe you can add up to $650, or up to $1,450 if you use a third party insurance). It is just Priority Mail that can no longer be insured. :wink: EMS is my personal preferrence, but I'm guessing you are meaning you ship dolls that are worth more than that, in which case I understand. It is hard to take a loss if something were to happen. :(

Anyway, sorry to get so off topic here! I do hope the original buyer responds and finds her doll. :( I would be heartbroken to have lost such a special doll!
:heart: Lilliana reborn by Daria Makarenkova :heart:
Lilliana doll kits are available to purchase now!

http://www.babiesbyemily.com/
http://www.facebook.com/babiesbyemily
Rhonda Junebird Nursery

Post by Rhonda Junebird Nursery »

By the way ~~~~ YES, the U.S. does have auctions for the lost mail in the United States. Some of the lost mail (if it is paper, books, magazines, etc) get recycled. The other is sent to the Mail Recovery Center in Atlanta, Georgia. They did have live auctions, but now all the auctions are online. The only reason that I know is that I have had several things lost in the mail over the last two years. I had a box of about 30 doll kits that I NEVER recovered. I had a box of magazines (gone too), and I had a toddler reborn which never made it to Atlanta and I did get back thanks to the phone calls from my local post office.

Here is the information on the usps website
https://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/ ... fo_005.htm

And here is the auction site

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=M ... gency=4703
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

EmilyJ wrote:Pebby, there is tracking through USPS no matter what method you use. :wink: The only thing that is not trackable is Flat Rate packaging.

Like I said, EMS also offers insurance (for Europe you can add up to $650, or up to $1,450 if you use a third party insurance). It is just Priority Mail that can no longer be insured. :wink: EMS is my personal preferrence, but I'm guessing you are meaning you ship dolls that are worth more than that, in which case I understand. It is hard to take a loss if something were to happen. :(

Anyway, sorry to get so off topic here! I do hope the original buyer responds and finds her doll. :( I would be heartbroken to have lost such a special doll!

Mine are all shipped Global Express with tracking, when I use the postal service, other then that I use Fed X

Yes lets hope the lady gets her doll . What a terrible thing to happen.
Ida

Post by Ida »

Hi ladies, I sold this baby on June 27 2015, and I shipped the package on June 30 2015. The lady received the package and was very happy, she left my feedback as you can see below, in the email that I sent to Lilianne. I don't have any responsibility for that resale!
I'm very sad that things like that happen! Please read all my post to see (in the bottom) my shipping receipt. Thanks and hugs,Ida
:heart:

Hi Lilianne, I hope you are well too. I'm sending you both feedback, attached pictures of the papers that I have here, and the copy of my PayPal transaction. If you want you can send this email to her, thank you for let me know, Hugs, Ida

Positive feedback rating Wonderful,I just love her. Your paintwork is stunning Buyer:
Member ID samiwalker ( Feedback score of 616Purple star icon for Feedback score between 500 to 999) During past year
Reply by mimadolls (14-Jul-15 21:03):
THANK YOU FOR ADOPT BABY "PIPPA" ~PLEASE COME AGAIN~EXCELLENT BUYER 5*++++++++++

-- -- Private
Positive feedback rating THANKS FOR ADOPT BABY PIPPA~FAST PAYMENT~GREAT COMUNICATION~EXCELLENT BUYER 5*++
Member ID mimadolls ( Feedback score of 2092Red star icon for Feedback score between 1,000 to 4,999) During past year
-Bellow, the copy of my PayPal transaction... - Private

Shipped to
Jacqueline walker
47/16 , gillespie crescent
Edinburgh
Midlothian
eh10 4jb
United Kingdom
Seller protection
Eligible
Eligible when you...
Ship to the address on this page.
Save your tracking or shipping info.
Follow the requirements for seller protection.
Paid by
Jacqueline Walker ‏(samiwalker‏)
jacquelinewalker331@btinternet.com
Track your shipment
CF021604364US
June 30, 2015, Sent by USPS
Print packing slip
Transaction ID
51X51286RR2869730
Purchase details
FULL BODY SILICONE BABY DOLL~PROTOTYPE PIPPA~LILIANNE BREEDVELD~REBORN MIMADOLLS
$3,500.00
Item #252005222186
Shipping
$49.00
Tax
$0.00
Purchase total
$3,549.00
Fee
-negative $138.71
Total
$3,410.29
See details on classic site
Ida

Post by Ida »

Yes, she received the baby from me, as you can see in my feedback, and in the email that I sent to Lilianne, as shown in my post. She could be sold the baby to other person, and maybe that other person, resold again, the baby.?????
Ida

Post by Ida »

Hi, ladies, I'm trying to reach the lady that bought Pippa by me, but I don't have received any answer yet.
I've been getting lots of emails on this but I sold this baby in June, 2015 (Ebay Item #252005222186) and the buyer confirmed she got it and left me positive feedback. This was back in July. I think she sold it again and that's how it ended up in the royal mail lost packages and the person who has it listed now, was able to get it in an auction. I want to let you know that most of the things showing in the pictures are not the original items sent with the baby from my auction. The box, all the little packages,bubble wrap,the bunny stuffed animal,the bunny ears headband,the hanger,the pink romper she is wearing were not sent by me.The original baby was shipped with many clothes, wearing a beautiful outfit, a 18k gold filled baby bracelet and personalized necklace. all was packed in a very nice an professional way. You can visit the original auction to see her pictures and the feedback (Ebay Item #252005222186).
I feel sorry for the person who was supposed to get this baby when it was resold. The lady I sold it her to, did get it and she should be the one been contacted to see who she sold it to.
Thank you, hugs, Ida
:heart:
Lilianne

Post by Lilianne »

THANKS IDA FOR CLARIFYING THIS MAKES IT MORE CLEAR. I GOT MANY MAILS FROM CUSTOMERS AS WELL. (AND I DO UNDERSTAND IT'S WONDERFUL TO SEE THAT SO MANY PEOPLE WERE SO ALERT TO TRY TO HELP SOMEONE)
BUT NEITHER I COULDN'T DO SOMETHING AS I DIDN'T SOLD THIS DOLL.
WHEN IDA SEND THE INFO I JUST DID SEND THE LADY A SHORT MAIL IN THE HOPE SHE WOULD REPLY SOON, BUT NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY SHE DIDN'T!!
I DIDN'T KNOW THIS LADY DID RECEIVED HER DOLL FROM IDA AND SOLD IT TO SOMEONE ELSE :?
Ida

Post by Ida »

Yes Lilianne, she has sold the baby, for sure! And she or another seller after her, was who shipped the baby, to the poor lady that is paying for all the mail's disaster!! :banghead: :bash: