HOW DO YOU CHOOSE A KIT??

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Brooke

HOW DO YOU CHOOSE A KIT??

Post by Brooke »

When you are thinking of buying a new kit to reborn how do you decide which one to spend your dolly dollars on. I don't mean just because it is silicone or anything like that, or that it is the latest, most popular kit that is very likely to sell when it is finished (although that is very important). What is it that attracts you to a particular kit? I'm curious.

For me it is a kit that has some sort of silly or just different expression that shows me the personality of the baby. I'm not attracted to peaceful looking babies with perfectly calm features. It is a personal thing for everyone.
kristi

Re: HOW DO YOU CHOOSE A KIT??

Post by kristi »

I like facial expressions and chubby babies, Gerber-like.
SweetSunriseBabies

Post by SweetSunriseBabies »

I love a cute face more than anything. Even if I am not crazy about the limbs, a cute face always sucks me in! Sweet serene sleepers, or happy smilers steal my heart :heart:
~Tiffany~
Instagram: Sweet_Sunrise_Nursery
FB:Tiffany Campbell or Sweet Sunrise Nursery
Meg

Post by Meg »

I choose a face and limbs that I like and really don't care if its a latest and greatest or not...but then, I only reborn these days to add to my own collection. With my back injury, I can't input the time to sell anymore. I must admit, I have been attracted to a face and then put off by the limbs....there is one on sale now that I adore the face, but the limbs are terrible! I have thought about buying new limbs for it, but the cost of the kit then new limbs and matching the size, style and vinyl colour to the head.....I can't be bothered with the hassle at the moment!
Elisabettas Babies

Post by Elisabettas Babies »

The kit needs to appeal to me first of all. Then I also have a mental list of sculptors that I like, know their work and detail level and vinyl... Some kits are more fun to reborn for me than others and once I know a certain sculptor's production "clicks" with me I prefer their work over others'. Usually the popularity of the sculpt has less importance to me, also because my reborning rhythms don't always allow me to make and sell a baby while it's "hot".
lauraslilones

Post by lauraslilones »

I have to like everything about the sculpt. Face and limbs. If one or the other isn't my taste then I won't order. I have a very wide range of likes for kits but it has to be super detailed. I tend to stick to a few sculptors I'm comfortable with. Bonnie for example always has perfect details and I love every inch of her sculpts. The ears are always perfect aswell which can be a put off on other kits.

I love peaceful sleepers and very expressive awake babies. Not one for the plain faced awake babies that just stare. Saskia is nice and quirky and can be posed looking at toys. Smilers I like but can scare me a bit xx
Brendas Babies

Post by Brendas Babies »

The more newborn looking the better!
Sweet Quinny by Nikki!
grandmasheryl

Post by grandmasheryl »

for me the baby has to bring back a memory of a baby I have been around.
I did day care for 12 years and have many nieces ,nephews, and greats so I have a long store of faces in my head.
Some beautiful,some not just babies I have/had affection for.