Your doll is by YOU

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Brooke

Your doll is by YOU

Post by Brooke »

Why do people list babies for sale saying "Matilda Fumblebunny by Susie Sculptor". Why not say "Agnes Bumblebutt by YOU" as the reborner, or whoever reborned the doll? Then you can mention the sculptor in the listing. I'd like the reborner to take more credit for the doll rather than, for example, Tina Kewy. I want to know who the reborner is. Again, just my humble, perhaps silly, opinion.
Meg

Re: Your doll is by YOU

Post by Meg »

I dont think its silly, I think it's valid. But I also think its a selling point...people may see a doll they like, not win it and go looking for the same sculpt. I guess its a type of name-dropping. If someone likes LLE dolls, they can easily put LLE into the search engine and find what they are looking for. A lot of reborn artists are pretty much unknown, unless they are the superstars of the doll world and their dolls are sought after.
Elisabettas Babies

Post by Elisabettas Babies »

Usually because when a sculpt is "hot" people search by sculpt's name, and not everyone checks "search in title and description".
JaNan

Post by JaNan »

Exactly! the same reason you put OOAK....or vintage layette...all those things come up in a search engine when looking for something in particular on ebay.
I put as much info in my title and subtitle as possible to help buyers find me...including my nursery name..which is all over my auction template so there is no mistake it is MINE! :wink: :lol:

wanted to add...that some collectors love a certain sculptor but are unaware of a new sculpt when it comes out so that helps them too! :wink:
Dolly Hugs JaNan