Video about Betty Removed.

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
sharonbabymaker

Video about Betty Removed.

Post by sharonbabymaker »

I took the video down since I got my deposit back.
Last edited by sharonbabymaker on Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mikki

Re: HELP NEEDED.... I'M THE SCAMMER???!!!

Post by Mikki »

Oh dear you are not the scammer...sorry this is happening...I would call your bank or credit card company PayPal for sure and get an immediate refund. Make sure you save the threatening messages...good luck...
Realborn Jaxon

Mikki W
Barbara L.

Post by Barbara L. »

Sorry this is happening to you.
Dolls for Sale: https://www.reborns.com/VinStyleandMore and Vintage baby clothes & shoes for sale: https://vinstyleandmore.etsy.com
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

Honestly this is why I don't ever do customs... it is really hard to see another person's vision. If you want help, you need to provide proof of everything. Email screen shots or however you communicated with her, etc. It's not that I don't doubt you. I'd ask the same of her if she's on here. I don't know either of you so I'm not standing for either side.
There are always 2 sides to every story.

**Edit to add - also, may I ask what all she did wrong? To be perfectly honest, as an artist, it would really depend on what the issue was. If say you wanted a blond doll and I rooted brown hair or if you wanted newborn skin tone and I gave you peaches and cream. That would be very much my mistake and would warrant a refund or at least making you a new doll.
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Court_LLRN wrote:Honestly this is why I don't ever do customs... it is really hard to see another person's vision. If you want help, you need to provide proof of everything. Email screen shots or however you communicated with her, etc. It's not that I don't doubt you. I'd ask the same of her if she's on here. I don't know either of you so I'm not standing for either side.
There are always 2 sides to every story.

**Edit to add - also, may I ask what all she did wrong? To be perfectly honest, as an artist, it would really depend on what the issue was. If say you wanted a blond doll and I rooted brown hair or if you wanted newborn skin tone and I gave you peaches and cream. That would be very much my mistake and would warrant a refund or at least making you a new doll.
What Court said.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Betty_Sweet_thingz

Post by Betty_Sweet_thingz »

Hi ladies, I am the one who made her doll. She had me make many many changes over many days then decided she's not happy and wants her money back. I told her I can refund after the dolls sells. She opened the paypal complaint and threatens to destroy my business. I have saved all messages, this lady is very hard to deal with and I hope no one else has to go through what I had to.

With every custom I 100% guarantee my work. I made many changes she asked for and one of them was to remove some hair around the forehead. Then she complained of holes :( The holes were only barely visible up close or with a macro setting on a camera. She also complained that the eyelashes weren't the same? I'm not sure what she is talking about there. I've had local customers come see her and they all loved her and one bought her just this evening. I was going to refund her right away but I have so many people telling me I should not.

I should note that I do guarantee my work and will do any and all changes until my customer is happy. I've done this with over a thousands reborns and hundreds of happy mommies. Why would I suddenly start scamming someone? If they receive their baby and are not happy they can return and I will sell it for them and give them a 100% refund. I've had to do this a few times and I am even making another doll for one of them now. I truly believe most people are good and honest but there are bad ones out there unfortunately
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

Betty is a gem to work with..I have had a number of her babies over the years..and she bends over backwards to please her customers... I believe you have gone over and above to please your customer..and in this case I don't think I would give her a full refund...I might give her a partial refund..if I felt moved to do so. Good luck Betty... :foryou:
chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

I have seen a lot of Betty's work in photos and her babies look like they are tdf! So pretty!

I rarely do custom orders because it is very stressful Hope it works out !!
sharonbabymaker

Comment removed

Case resolved. Sharon
Last edited by sharonbabymaker on Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
sharonbabymaker

Case resolved

I received my refund. Betty sold the doll. All is well. Thank you. Sharon
Last edited by sharonbabymaker on Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

My understanding with paypal since I had a major SCAM happen to me as well as 2 other ladies here on dollfan....Paypal will side with the artist 100%..Unfortunately, it is considered a partial payment, and a service not actually a product at this time. So my advice would be choose your words carefully and work with the seller! Once again, it is up to the artist to refund! If she tells paypal it is a service ( even if she says it is a doll, actually it is considered right now a painting service, unless you paid in full at the time!

NOTE: I am NOT taking sides, just telling you what I was told by paypal myself! I went as high as I could go speaking to supervisor after supervisor!
Betty_Sweet_thingz

The strange thing about this is that I told her I would refund the deposit after I sell the doll. I have numerous emails proving this but she keeps going on like I am not going to refund her. I can not transfer funds from my bank account or credit card to paypal right now...they said it needs another business day to clear because my account is in negative status and it somehow broke their programing.

My policies state I refund if you are not happy with your baby after I resell. I've done this a few other times and I've had no problems.
izzy

Post by izzy »

I am not taking any sides but I agree with Jenny. Also, I looked on YouTube for that video you said she posted of baby Madison for sale. I found the video, but it's just a showcase video, not a for sale video. In the comments Betty specifically says it's a custom baby and not for sale. :D

That's all I'm saying, again I'm not taking sides just making an observation.
Betty_Sweet_thingz

I think it's gone too far. She has posted a youtube video about me. I need to contact the authorities. She is obviously lying...I've been reborning for 9 years now, for sure if I was scamming people it would be known by now? We are adults not children and it's time to stop.

Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

I wish you both luck in this.
Right now, just looking from an outward perspective, it seems to me that the buyer is being very picky. That being said - when doing a custom and spending hard earned money on the item they want - buyers *can* be entitled to be picky unless an artist states in a contract that they can choose only specific things like hair color, eye color, skin tone, etc.
Doing custom work ALWAYS leads to issues like this which is why many artists have stopped doing customs. I do not believe Betty is scamming anyone. She is planning on returning the money but she does not have the money that was paid to her because it was spent ON making the doll. A doll that she would not have done had it not been ordered as a custom. My advice to the buyer is to please just be patient and nice about this. You know that you are going to get your money back. Just give her a chance to do this. She is a reputable artist with 9 years of good service to back her up. You are NOT getting scammed.
That being said, you, the buyer, are not a scammer either. What you are is a disgruntled customer. I hope the both of you can just end this on good terms by letting the artist sell the doll (that, again, she put the deposit money into in the first place) and then refunding the buyer.
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

If Betty has said she will refund you then I don't even know what the problem is???? Accusing her of fraud and involving police when paypal and Betty BOTH said you are getting refunded :?

is this really a necessary remark to those that have your youtube video a thumbs down...wow.
Thank you for reminding me why I no longer do custom orders anymore

Butterfly Baby Kisses Nursery1 hour ago

All of you MEAN SPIRITED friends of Betty Ann Blackburn who are putting nasty comments and giving me thumbs down on a lot of my other videos are being reported to Youtube. Beware. Don't mess with me, or you will be sorry you did. STOP - you only know one side of the story, and it is from a very good liar.
Betty_Sweet_thingz

I'm actually not a very good liar at all :(
chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

sharonbabymaker wrote:I got my deposit back. Now all the ugliness can stop - hopefully. You never know what difficulty you can get yourself into until it is too late. Too much stress to deal with customs. Never again. Too many nasty people with nasty comments out there. Not for me. I'm getting out of this group. So goodbye.
So you got your refund...good.
Maybe you should consider taking your youtube video down now... :dunno:
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

Glad to hear you have your refund but what happened with this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeDUwlHXNvw
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

Take the video down...
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations