So disappointing sometimes......

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
marilyn

So disappointing sometimes......

Post by marilyn »

As I scan the listings on E-bay for reborns, I notice that there are soooo many bald babies that are sleeping and have no lashes.....what is up with that? That to me is like buying a painted kit that has been put together. And, some of them are not cheap either......Bountiful Baby sale kits that are $400 & upwards. I dunno......
Dion

Re: So disappointing sometimes......

Post by Dion »

:D I am not a fan of bald dolls either, but I do have a couple of painted hair dolls that I love. There are a lot of people here who do love bald dolls, though, so I am sure there is a market. I do love hair and lashes, too, so I understand! :foryou: Hugs, Dion
ImaniRose

Post by ImaniRose »

I love rooted babies as well but I can also appreciate a bald baby. Some people like bald babies and some artist don't want to root. Honestly a rooted baby is just a painted kit put together as well because all reborns start as kits that artists paint and then put together.Artists still put alot of time and effort into the painting of a baby even if its not a rooted baby and have the right to ask for what they think the baby is worth.
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

Don't get me wrong.....I don't mind a bald baby....I have one but not so many! I get it that not everyone can root well, but too many selling as bald in my opinion.
Sally - USA

Post by Sally - USA »

I have noticed that trend too, Marilyn.
I guess though that I would rather have a bald baby than one that is poorly rooted.
Sigh.
Eye lashes - I miss them.
Sigh.
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

I too noticed that and I have to have hair..............I like it whispy and piggytails............Hugs, Kathy
Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll »

I like to see eyelashes, too!
I am not a fan of bald babies, either.
I don't mind the painted hair when it is done well & I own some of those, too.
I have honestly never seen a bald real live newborn unless it was very much premature! Older babies, yes, but not a true newborn. JMHO!!!
I have to admit that I just like the feel of the mohair to touch when cuddling a reborn baby!
I like to cuddle the babies, not just display them. Though there are always those that get held more than others!! LOL!!!
"Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration"
cyndig77

Post by cyndig77 »

I am not a fan of painted hair but I do have 2 in my collection that are so well done I decided to leave them alone....and a baldie, also, who is just too cute as she is..but they do have lashes...except for my Esme and her eyes do seem just fine without them to me. Other than those, I prefer lashes and will add them in I need to, along with hair.