SELLERS AND BUYERS ~ BEWARE!!!!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
KrisC

SELLERS AND BUYERS ~ BEWARE!!!!

Post by KrisC »

So I rarely black list someone... I believe in second chances and forgive and forget.
BUT there is a lady who has crossed the line TENFOLD and I want to warn all my friends; sellers and buyers about her....

Her name is Dominque Bodinier. She lives in France. Her ebay name is vangchao23
I could write a whole page of what she has put me thru in the last year to two years... she is a scammer. Unreliable, dishonest and a heartbreaker.

And I am not the only one.... some of you have written me about your dealings with her and its also all resulted is the EXACT SAME DECEPTION!!!!

She doesnt keep her word. She all of a sudden puts paypal claims on you and takes away the money she has sent you. She pretends not to understand you because of her French language.

I can go on and on.... I have blocked her from my ebay and I delete all her email (oh and she tries over and over again to write me and buy from me)...

So please!!! all my friends, please.... BE CAREFUL WHEN DEALING WITH DOMINQUE BODINIER!
Last edited by KrisC on Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
ten tiny toes babies nursery

Re: SELLERS ND BUYERS BEWARE!!!!

Post by ten tiny toes babies nursery »

me too, as you know Kris, she offered me a silicone quinlynn a few weeks back for 6500 Euro (about £5000 GBP) that was shipped, i agreed even though i know she only paid £4000 for her as she attached the email accidentally between the original seller and herself, BUT i said that would be via paypal, she said NO she wanted bank transfer, i said no i will only do paypal Via goods, and said i would give her 7000 euro to cover her paypal cost, thats about £300 more than the fees would have been, a few hours later she came back to me with 7000 euro via bank transfer only, and she had another buyer who was willing to do that, so i called her bluff and said, thats fine let the other person have her, as am not doing a bank transfer, she then came back to me, and agreed 7000euro via paypal but friend and family, i sent a message back and said earlier that morning the price was 6500 euro now the price has gone up to 7000 and you still want friend and family, i was paying 500 euro extra to cover her paypal fees and would only send via goods, she said ok, but not to pay till the weekend as she wanted to enjoy her a few more days, the weekend came, and i get a message saying she changed her mind and doesn't want to sell, so i say "fine", then she gets back to me again and agrees to sell her, but not to pay till after the postal strike in france are over, i hear nothing for a week, then a few days ago, she messaged me and told me to pay Saturday, she would send her monday,, then i get another message saying she's changed her mind again and doesn't want to sell, then i get another message today , saying she's bidding on another baby on eBay if she wins, she will sell me quinlynn, now I've sold my vinyl quinlynn thinking i was getting her in silicone, I've now told her am no longer interested, also she brought a baby from me a few months ago, and because it hadn't arrived with in 24 hours of paying (baring in mind we live in different countries) she did a charge back,
JudyP

Post by JudyP »

Thanks for sharing her information so we could block her. I am so sorry you both had to go through that, she sounds like a nightmare.
KrisC

Post by KrisC »

JudyP wrote:Thanks for sharing her information so we could block her. I am so sorry you both had to go through that, she sounds like a nightmare.
Your welcome. :heart:
Unfortunately, us 2 are not the only ones who have been traumatized by her.... I am certain more of us are going to come forward.
Annette

Post by Annette »

Yikes! "Nightmare" doesn't even begin to describe her!
I'm so sorry you two have had such awful dealings with her. It sounds like she is a sandwich short of a picnic! :shock:
Her name should be added to the "Block Her" thread in "Off Topic".
Hugs Annette
Debbie@TNGUN

Post by Debbie@TNGUN »

I have been regularly bothered by Dominique since I had my prototype Jazz FBS on eBay. First, she asked me to remove the auction and that she would pay me part of his start price that day and the balance via bank transfer on the weekend. Along with that, she asked me if I would send him with a very small value to avoid custom fees. Of course she mentioned that I would have no eBay fees if done this way. It didn't matter, I do not stop eBay auctions, especially on prototype dolls.

I refused her requests and she bid but she stopped bidding at the end. As soon as the auction was over, which she did not win, she said that if the winner didn't pay, she would and then when I told her that Jazz was paid for, she requested that I make her a Jazz. It is very clear in my auctions that I do not do custom work.

She then told me that she bought a Jazz from another artist and wanted me to re-reborn him. Ugh. Nope.

Then she kept emailing me asking me if I had reconsidered making a silicone for her. I told her I had not but be patient, I would have prototype Bobbi FBS on eBay in the future.

Oh my goodness, that was a mistake! She started making requests on how Bobbi should be reborn. I handled her with as much grace as I could but I would get stressed out every time I saw I had an email from her. (As a side note, when I am working on a prototype~or any baby really~I allow that doll to guide me to how they should look...not other people :D )

But what finally did it was this....

"debbie I have a great favor to ask
you can ask the artist in canada if quinnly No. 4 is for sale whether called him that you want to buy
I give you the email (which she gave, which I knew instantly belonged to our beloved KrisC of the Dainty Loft)
fear not I pay you all by bank transfer
especially do not tell him it's for me
thank you wholeheartedly I await your response
dominique"

Red flags went up all over and I did contact KrisC and got the horrible story about this lady.
I told Dominique that KrisC was my dear friend and that our conversations were over and I would be blocking her in all realms. I only saw one more message that came from her in my SPAM file that was begging me to not refuse her. After that, I had not looked until today, and my spam folder deletes messages after a certain time. There were none. No wonder my stress level has gone down in my world!

So be aware of that as well and any time that someone asks you to buy a doll on their behalf from another artist. It usually means that there has been a situation between that person and the seller.

Be careful out there everyone!
Last edited by Debbie@TNGUN on Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Debbie
They Never Grow Up Nursery
Where babies are babies...Forever!

http://www.theynevergrowupnursery.com

BLOG: http://theynevergrowupnursery.blogspot.com

MOHAIR and LDC Color Guides: http://TheyNeverGrowUpNursery.artfire.com
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

I had so many issues with buyers in France I have now blocked all sales to people in France.
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Visit all her photo album on FB
https://www.facebook.com/ginny.westley/ ... 317&type=3
kd

Post by kd »

Did this woman belong to Doll-Fan?
KrisC

Post by KrisC »

Debbie@TNGUN wrote:I have been regularly bothered by Dominique since I had my prototype Jazz FBS on eBay. First, she asked me to remove the auction and that she would pay me part of his start price that day and the balance via bank transfer on the weekend. Along with that, she asked me if I would send him with a very small value to avoid custom fees. Of course she mentioned that I would have no eBay fees if done this way. It didn't matter, I do not stop eBay auctions, especially on prototype dolls.

I refused her requests and she bid but she stopped bidding at the end. As soon as the auction was over, which she did not win, she said that if the winner didn't pay, she would and then when I told her that Jazz was paid for, she requested that I make her a Jazz. It is very clear in my auctions that I do not do custom work.

She then told me that she bought a Jazz from another artist and wanted me to re-reborn him. Ugh. Nope.

Then she kept emailing me asking me if I had reconsidered making a silicone for her. I told her I had not but be patient, I would have prototype Bobbi FBS on eBay in the future.

Oh my goodness, that was a mistake! She started making requests on how Bobbi should be reborn. I handled her with as much grace as I could but I would get stressed out every time I saw I had an email from her. (As a side note, when I am working on a prototype~or any baby really~I allow that doll to guide me to how they should look...not other people :D )

But what finally did it was this....

"debbie I have a great favor to ask
you can ask the artist in canada if quinnly No. 4 is for sale whether called him that you want to buy
I give you the email (which she gave, which I knew instantly belonged to our beloved KrisC of the Dainty Loft)
fear not I pay you all by bank transfer
especially do not tell him it's for me
thank you wholeheartedly I await your response
dominique"

Red flags went up all over and I did contact KrisC and got the horrible story about this lady.
I told Dominique that KrisC was my dear friend and that our conversations were over and I would be blocking her in all realms. I only saw one more message that came from her in my SPAM file that was begging me to not refuse her. After that, I had not looked until today, and my spam folder deletes messages after a certain time. There were none. No wonder my stress level has gone down in my world!

So be aware of that as well and any time that someone asks you to buy a doll on their behalf from another artist. It usually means that there has been a situation between that person and the seller.

Be careful out there everyone!
Thank you Debbie for your input and advice and experience.
Please, friends.... BEWARE...
KrisC

Post by KrisC »

Annette wrote:Yikes! "Nightmare" doesn't even begin to describe her!
I'm so sorry you two have had such awful dealings with her. It sounds like she is a sandwich short of a picnic! :shock:
Her name should be added to the "Block Her" thread in "Off Topic".

Done! :D
dianareed

Post by dianareed »

Kristie, thank you for the heads-up. There are some crooked and crazy people out there. I had to deal with crazy last week, as you well know!

:heart: :heart: :heart:
Diana
Marteemp

Post by Marteemp »

Thank you for making us aware . I'm so sorry you have had this horrible person to deal with.
Silvia

Post by Silvia »

Oh no!!!!! she is who won my Americus prototype by Laura Eagles and 1 minute after win sent me a message saying she was not going to pay!!!!! I inmediately blocked her too and informed ebay! (but it seems eBay not care anymore of this :( lot of time wasters lately! :banghead: :banghead:
KrisC

Post by KrisC »

Silvia wrote:Oh no!!!!! she is who won my Americus prototype by Laura Eagles and 1 minute after win sent me a message saying she was not going to pay!!!!! I inmediately blocked her too and informed ebay! (but it seems eBay not care anymore of this :( lot of time wasters lately! :banghead: :banghead:

Oh my gosh!!! She is REALLY making havoc for so many artists!!! I am sorry Silva. I know how much time and effort goes into making a doll, making an auction and then working with all the people in between. Its so much work! So much effort! and SO MUCH hopes and heart!!!
Unfortunately I think I will be eliminating selling to all peoples in France unless DF members. Too much of a risk. Dominique has tried to email me through different emails pretending to be different people.... I just cant risk it.
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

I feel so sorry for all you ladies.............Kris,sounds like she is a total nightmare and thank goodness you are letting people know..............Hugs, Kathy
LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS

Post by LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS »

Add Hattie Munger, babydollkeeper, she emailed me through EBay and said she want a doll that just ended, we agreed upon a price and she asked me to send her an invoice, which I did. I sent several emails asking if she had made payment with no response.... She eventually got back with me saying that's the sale was too difficult?? DONT COMMIT TO A SALE IF YOU DONT INTEND TO FOLLOW THROUGH!
grandmasheryl

Post by grandmasheryl »

DELETED
Last edited by grandmasheryl on Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.