Issues with another doll

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
SeabeesWife10Tanya

Issues with another doll

Post by SeabeesWife10Tanya »

I made a down payment on a silicone doll back in early November and the artist promised me I would have her in my arms in May but then there was an issue with the mold and once again she told me I would have the baby no later than June. Here it is the endish of June and still no baby. At first I told the artist I wanted her to be the one to root it but then she told me if she did the baby wouldnt be done until August so she told me she would knock $150 off the final price and she said that would be enough to get her rooted by someone else or she would find someone else to root her well i know $150 wont be enough so I asked her to find someone else. The artist got done with my baby about 2 weeks ago but still hasn't sent her to the rooters yet. I understand stuff comes up but I am tired of having to send her messages to find out what's going on and then not even getting an apology. I really don't want to ask to be refunded this close to (hopefully) getting my baby but what else can I do? I sometimes feel like artists forget we spend hard earned money on these very expensive dolls and we expect to at least be kept in the loop when something changes
Jenny

Re: Issues with another doll

Post by Jenny »

I am sorry for your delay! I can only imagine how excited you are and waiting is the absolute hardest thing to do!
love4reborns

Re: Issues with another doll

Post by love4reborns »

That's extremely frustrating!!!!

The only silicone artist that I have felt works well on a timeline is An Huang. I got one of her babies and I swear, she had a WIP for all of her expected dates! Never did I feel I was being strung along.

I am hesitant to do deposits on silicones on anymore, because I do feel artist can take their sweet precious times. I do want the work to be right, but I feel sometimes people procrastinate.