Need help using the Ebay Global Shipping program

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
anjsmiles Angie

Need help using the Ebay Global Shipping program

Post by anjsmiles Angie »

I sold my first reborn using the Global Shipping program. I need some advice from those of you who have used it.
The customer is in Canada but the package says it is going to KY.
When you ship using this method do you still fully insure the package for the cost of the doll and also do you get signature confirmation? These 2 steps are what I do on my regular US shipping.
grandmasheryl

Re: Need help using the Ebay Global Shipping program

Post by grandmasheryl »

Unfortunately it will go to Kentucky then on to Canada, GSP is a money grab by ebay and rips of customers .
they charge us duty where no duty is required, taxes are taxes and we have to pay the no matter what. THEN we pay extra for it to be "carried" through customs. UGH!
I would much rather pay for priority insured shipping or expedited equivalent .
they charge us the shipping to Kentucky then shipping to Canada, duty that has no rhyme or reason to pricing.
If you by supplies using gsp to Canada and want to claim the shipping costs on your business taxes you are in for a heck of a surprise as pitney Bows will NOT give you a reciept for thier end.
The duty is also an issue they are NOT an authorized agent of Canada customs so if Canada customs wants to they can and will charge you duty AGAIN because PB is not authorized to collect duty.
so sorry for the mini rant but the GSP does not help Canadians at all. We pay more than we need too, can't get receipts,they hide the extra costs from the seller so they don't see the extra we pay.
II sent a screen shot to a seller so they could see all the extra charged and they wee appalled.
grandmasheryl

Post by grandmasheryl »

sorry one more thing, if Pitney Bowes thinks your parcel is "over boxed" they will open the package and repack it in a smaller box or package.!! which puts sellers using this method in a bad spot because if it is damaged who"s responsible? definitely PB won't take responsibility.
just google complaints global shipping program ebay, it is an eye opener
anjsmiles Angie

Well I checked with my buyer to make sure she is comfortable with it and I gave her the option to cancel if she wants and she says she has gotten several dolls through the Ebay Global Shipping program and all has gone well for her.
SweetSunriseBabies

Post by SweetSunriseBabies »

If you add insurance and signature confirmation, it is only valid to the KY shipping center. I usually still do the extra insurance just incase, but not signature confirmation since it is going to a warehouse which I am sure nobody signs for it. I have had good experiences with global shipping center since they started offering it. From what my buyers have told me, it costs them more but goes through customs much faster and easier.
~Tiffany~
Instagram: Sweet_Sunrise_Nursery
FB:Tiffany Campbell or Sweet Sunrise Nursery
anjsmiles Angie

I did go ahead and fully insured it and got the signature confirmation. Hopefully someone will sign for it there. From what I read on Ebay it does say they only cover it til it gets to KY but then I am not supposed to be responsible for it once it gets there. I figured it was worth the extra to have signature confirmation since the value is over $200.