A HOT MESS ELLIE Disappointment UPDATE #2 p3 (:

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Jamie in Utah

Re: A HOT MESS ELLIE Disappointment

Post by Jamie in Utah »

I am so sorry for the hot mess of a baby you ended up with Judy! You don't deserve that!
Hugs to you!
Lainey

Post by Lainey »

Judy, that is terrible. That seller had some nerve sending a baby like that out, especially after lying to you about her condition. I hope Paypal does right by you. Keep us posted about it. Good luck! :hug:
HUGS, LAINEY
[image]11057[/image]
Ushagrace

Post by Ushagrace »

I'm So very sorry. What a huge disappointment!!!!!!!!!! Didn't scroll all the way. Whats your next move. That stinks!!!!!!
judyismyname

Post by judyismyname »

Thanks Jamie and Lainey,

No one deserves to be lied to about the condition of something they are spending thousands of dollars on. We depend on pictures and peoples word when we are making a decision to buy here on this forum. For me I generally NEVER buy a baby secondhand and only buy straight from the artist. The only time I ever do buy secondhand is from someone I know and trust.

This kind of deceit is just uncalled for and ultimately not only hurts the buyer but also the seller.

Showing the flaws and listing her as boo boo not PERFECT would have prevented the entire fiasco.
Poppy H

Post by Poppy H »

I was selling my Ellie on ebay for £2,300 she has no tears or hair loss , I thought that was enough to ask for her . I am going to put her back on soon as I am back off holiday now . That is a very bad experience and such a lot of money to worry about , how anyone can do this .Hope you get it sorted soon .The hair can be sorted but the splits might not be so good and a lot of money to repair

Hugs
Poppy H xx
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

I am so sorry Judy.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
judyismyname

Post by judyismyname »

Thanks poppy, good luck with selling yours. :hug:

Thanks georgeanne, :hug: I can always count on you :hug: :foryou:
carold

Post by carold »

This is just terrible! I don't understand how dishonest some people are! I hope things resolve to your liking. If you get her repaired I would have her changed enough to not remind you of where she came from. It's not little dollies fault. Maybe she'll look good as a blonde or little red head.
judyismyname

Post by judyismyname »

Yes Carol it's terrible!! The only resolution I want is my money back and this doll to be sent back to her to deal with. I did not bargain for a doll to repair. If I had wanted one I would have been looking for a boo boo or something listed as in need of minor touch ups.

Not advertised as PERFECT and then received as anything but!!!
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

Judy, So sorry this has happened to you.................I wouldn't want to have to root and repair a new baby I bought..............The seller was very deceitfull and needs to reimburse you.............Hope things work out for you...............Hugs, Kathy
Susan@childrenoftheheart

Post by Susan@childrenoftheheart »

Hi Judy, I am so very sorry this has happened to you. I hope PayPal understands this whole situation and gives a refund. Hugs,
judyismyname

Post by judyismyname »

Thank you Kathy and Susan :hug:

I am thinking not much happens on the weekend with PayPal except that they continue to collect fees.

Aluna,
I can only hope they will see that this baby was mis represented and I will be granted a refund.
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

I hope paypal favors on your side Judy... she is definitely not perfect...and an honest seller would have mentioned all her boo boos and sold her as is... Keep us informed.. Hugs
Annette

Post by Annette »

Integrity is a huge part of buying and selling of anything. Obviously this seller has none, or she would have told you of all the booboos this poor baby has.
So sorry this happened to you. I hope Paypal sees the truth, and refunds your money.
Hugs Annette
Angela K

Post by Angela K »

Oh Dear Judy, so sorry this happened :( I always let potential buyers know about every little detail before they make a decision to buy. I like sellers to be honest too, it's very important. Hopefully, PayPal will get the money refunded to you. Very upsetting situation for you. I can't understand why people do this because, after this, you & others will not consider buying from her. Also, I know how honest you are Judy and really feel for you :hug:

Luv

Angela x
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

I don't understand how these expensive dolls can get in this condition in what I would consider a short span of time....how old is Ellie?
NiSchi

Post by NiSchi »

I´m so sorry that this has happened to you dear Judy :( ...hope you`ll get your fully refund very soon :hug: ...!!!
I think every dolly collector can totally feel with you as it is absolutely the WORST to wait of a dream baby and than open the box and
find it in such a bad condition :( :cry: ...!!!

Dolly Hugs - Nicole
jacque123

Post by jacque123 »

Well, that sucks!
Inspired_Rebecca

Post by Inspired_Rebecca »

NiSchi wrote:I´m so sorry that this has happened to you dear Judy :( ...hope you`ll get your fully refund very soon :hug: ...!!!
I think every dolly collector can totally feel with you as it is absolutely the WORST to wait of a dream baby and than open the box and
find it in such a bad condition :( :cry: ...!!!

Dolly Hugs - Nicole
I agree :toast:

As a collector, I know it's hard to really tell what a doll is like from pictures so when I sell I always give the buyer an option to return to me if they're not happy. This way I know they're happy and they can see exactly what condition the doll is in. I've never had one returned as they do fall in love, but I try to offer what I would appreciate as a buyer.

I'm so sorry that the seller won't just give you the refund and take the doll back. If she considers the doll in perfect condition, she should have no problem with taking it back.

Good luck and I hope PayPal rules in your favor :hug:
Rebecca