ASHTON DRAKE DOLLS

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
heatherisdolliecrazy

Re: ASHTON DRAKE DOLLS

Post by heatherisdolliecrazy »

i personally don't think i will buy Ashton Drake vinyl dolls again. i have had 2 or 3 turn gray. some are sticky. It makes no difference if your AD doll has been reborn or not. It just makes me really sad cause back in the day i paid big bucks to get reborn Ashton Drake dolls. and now they are ruined. I also recently noticed my reborn AD Charlie has a dented head ugh..
LadyFortuna

Post by LadyFortuna »

Very nice thread and useful discourse on the topic! I just realized I had a mini 4" partial silicone baby from AD back in 2007 called Busy as a Bee - my very first doll purchase online before I had any remote idea that I would be a doll collector and she did NOT look like the photo from their website at all. It left a very bad impression of manufactured dolls so I never got into it. After I recently heard about Berenguer dolls and Paradise Galleries and saw some Youtube box openings, I couldn't believe it that manufactured dolls could actually look like the website photos LOL Needless to say these other two brands are cheaper. I hope AD is reading this thread.

Not sure if this makes any difference, but that AD silicone partial baby was just kept in a box for 7 years and it never discoloured and looked as pristine as I got it...retained its dolly powder smell too...but never really liked it.

"[Collecting dolls] is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
-Forrest Gump
LynnW

Post by LynnW »

I was hesitant to buy from Ashton Drake after seeing so many mixed experiences but I took the plunge and bought Tasha, one of their silicone/silique babies. The body and what she was stuffed with was terrible, but after I changed her body, I absolutely love her. She looks pretty true to her photo and her hair is actually rooted versus glued. I would recommend her, definitely. I also bought Little Livie after my positive experience with Tasha and am tempted by a couple of their other silicones. They are nice because it's getting harder to find cloth-bodied silicone babies these days, and they are so affordable.

I also have a LOT of Paradise Galleries babies that I share with my daughter and they definitely look like their website photos and are nice quality for the price. :heart:
On YouTube: Little Foot Nursery - youtube.com/c/LittleFootNursery
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/littlefootnursery1/
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

LynnW wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:18 pm I was hesitant to buy from Ashton Drake after seeing so many mixed experiences but I took the plunge and bought Tasha, one of their silicone/silique babies. The body and what she was stuffed with was terrible, but after I changed her body, I absolutely love her. She looks pretty true to her photo and her hair is actually rooted versus glued. I would recommend her, definitely. I also bought Little Livie after my positive experience with Tasha and am tempted by a couple of their other silicones. They are nice because it's getting harder to find cloth-bodied silicone babies these days, and they are so affordable.

I also have a LOT of Paradise Galleries babies that I share with my daughter and they definitely look like their website photos and are nice quality for the price. :heart:
Thank you Lynn this is great information to know from someone who has actually bought certain dolls and their experience has been positive.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Kim

Post by Kim »

Thanks Silvia for the info and pics. I have been considering her myself. She is cute. How is her hair though, is it glued or rooted?

Thanks,
Kim

Silvia wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:36 am They are cute but nothing close to the pics... also the color is ... well, a dolly color, pretty orange no details and... I had no idea.. eyes are painted???? I recently falled in love with 'Welcome home baby' from Tahsa Edenholm, and although I knew I had to reborn her to look alive but I never though her eyes was painted....also she cames with a dolly eyelashes, but no way to take them off as they are 'glued' to the painted eyes so if I take off I take the 'eye'.. I will try to open them and glue glass eyes inside but with that super mega hard vinyl... I guess I will have to do it with the vinyl hot.. :( Here is the pic I falled in love with.. (In my mind I though to reborn her as an asian baby with black hair) but in person... well... no mention I had to change the body just in the moment I took her of the box... (horrible) and put a nice one. She will be kept until I have some time to reborn her for the moment. :(

Ashton Drake website picture

real picture of the doll (pics are from my instagram so are mobile phone)

real doll compared with Ashton Drake pic

georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Kim, the actual doll is cuter than the Ashton Drake picture.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

Georgeanne...I really love the sculpt...can you post a picture of your if you have her..
I would like to see her.
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

LindaBforbabies wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:05 pm Georgeanne...I really love the sculpt...can you post a picture of your if you have her..
I would like to see her.
Hi Linda,

Sorry I don't have her I was commenting on the pictures Kim posted thinking she posted the picture from AD's site and the picture of the actual doll she has. I am thinking that the picture on the AD site was of the OOAK before it was produced into silicone. I really like the silicone version a lot.

LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

Okay, thanks Georgeanne...I like her too.
Threads

Post by Threads »

I had an artist many years ago reborn an Emily for me, bougth another ad doll for the fuller limbs, rooted with dark hair. Will fish her out and take a pic