ASHTON DRAKE DOLLS

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Brooke

ASHTON DRAKE DOLLS

Post by Brooke »

I was just browsing the AD site and they have some really cute babies. What is "wrong" with AD dolls :? ? What about the "silique" silicone?
Joy-n-KY

Re: ASHTON DRAKE DOLLS

Post by Joy-n-KY »

I like some AD dolls, but a lot of them look nothing like the pics. The hair is almost always terrible. Some have turned a dark color over time. I've like all the Webb babies I've purchased. Their silicone dolls are just okay...bad hair and the painting came off all that I've had over the years.
tixiepixi_linda

Post by tixiepixi_linda »

I loved Jasmine Goes to Grandmas...wish I'd kept her

She is the reason I got into dolls as an adult after seeing her pic in a Sunday newspaper supplement

My favourite AD sculpt Sugar by Jannie De Lange I think
DID keep this one. She is reborned but her toes have changed colour into a dirty brown...still love her though

x Hugs x
Linda

Madison by Andrea Arcello
krystleslittlemonkeys

Post by krystleslittlemonkeys »

I use to love AD dolls and had 3 in my collection. But they never looked a thing like the photos on the web site and two of mine changed colour over time. One turned yellow and grey and the other turned yellow. And they both changed after the warranty was up so AD did nothing for me.
Krystle's Little Monkeys
http://www.krystleslittlemonkeys.com

Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

Make sure if you get an Ashton Drake doll that you see real pictures first. Also know that they are weighted with actual sand and dirty polyfil :(
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
Beckie

Post by Beckie »

I have had many AD dolls over the years and have never had an issue with color changes in any of them. Are they as nice as reborns? No, but they are mass produced dolls, so that never bothered me. I have bought, sold, and traded them, and have rarely been super disappointed...the 2 that I really didn't care for, I sent back to the company per their 365 day return policy. I currently have 3 in my collection and am always looking at what's new on their site.
Judith19

Post by Judith19 »

Beckie wrote:I have had many AD dolls over the years and have never had an issue with color changes in any of them. Are they as nice as reborns? No, but they are mass produced dolls, so that never bothered me. I have bought, sold, and traded them, and have rarely been super disappointed...the 2 that I really didn't care for, I sent back to the company per their 365 day return policy. I currently have 3 in my collection and am always looking at what's new on their site.
Yes, they are nice as reborns~~I have reborn several Emilys~~~~

AZRAYA $350.00 SOLD

Californiateri

Post by Californiateri »

I have Janie DeLange's Sugar doll too and I love her, but she has gotten sticky so the poor thing is just sleeping in the crib and doesn't get cuddled anymore.
teri - and my sweeties

Mrs.B

Post by Mrs.B »

Californiateri wrote:I have Janie DeLange's Sugar doll too and I love her, but she has gotten sticky so the poor thing is just sleeping in the crib and doesn't get cuddled anymore.
My Sugar and Spice are sticky too. Thinking of taking apart and putting them in the dishwasher and then reborning!
lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra

Post by lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra »

I just reborned Ashton Drake Sophia. Wow what a hard head she had lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra

Post by lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra »

here she is with hair
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~Marilyn~

Post by ~Marilyn~ »

This is what happens to my AD Daisy. She has the dreaded AD " frostbite". The poor think starts to turn blue. There is nothing I can do as all the fixes are temporary. She gets a sun treatment and that seems to "cure" her but the blue creeps right back after a time. And every time it's worse than before.
I did have Jasmine and she never had this problem. Their (AD) customer service did nothing for me as it happened after the 365 day warrenty ( of course :? ) I even sent them pictures and they couldn't care less. Needless to say, I haven't purchased any dolls from them since nor will I ever again.

Love and hugs,
~Marilyn~
krystleslittlemonkeys

Post by krystleslittlemonkeys »

~Marilyn~ wrote:This is what happens to my AD Daisy. She has the dreaded AD " frostbite". The poor think starts to turn blue. There is nothing I can do as all the fixes are temporary. She gets a sun treatment and that seems to "cure" her but the blue creeps right back after a time. And every time it's worse than before.
I did have Jasmine and she never had this problem. Their (AD) customer service did nothing for me as it happened after the 365 day warrenty ( of course :? ) I even sent them pictures and they couldn't care less. Needless to say, I haven't purchased any dolls from them since nor will I ever again.

That is what happened to mine. Only mine was lullabye for Olivia. Her face was a fix of that grey colour (very light) and light yellow and her entire left arm and hand went grey. And like you it was after the warrenty so AD did nothing. I had Charlie as well and his hands started to change colour. I had him reborned which helped but then over time the grey/yellow started to show through the paint. I had AD Jasmine Goes to Grandma's and never had issues with her thankfully.
Krystle's Little Monkeys
http://www.krystleslittlemonkeys.com

~Marilyn~

Post by ~Marilyn~ »

krystleslittlemonkeys wrote:
~Marilyn~ wrote:This is what happens to my AD Daisy. She has the dreaded AD " frostbite". The poor think starts to turn blue. There is nothing I can do as all the fixes are temporary. She gets a sun treatment and that seems to "cure" her but the blue creeps right back after a time. And every time it's worse than before.

That is what happened to mine. Only mine was lullabye for Olivia. Her face was a fix of that grey colour (very light) and light yellow and her entire left arm and hand went grey. And like you it was after the warrenty so AD did nothing. I had Charlie as well and his hands started to change colour. I had him reborned which helped but then over time the grey/yellow started to show through the paint. I had AD Jasmine Goes to Grandma's and never had issues with her thankfully.

If AD would only have followed the example set by Masterpiece ( remember the caving heads ) it would have spoken volumes in customer service. But when a company as large as AD shows such a lack of integrity and caring to its customers then I've no choice but to be done with them. Too bad cause I can't take advantage of buying the babies that our very own artists have had produced though AD.
Love and hugs,
~Marilyn~
Silvia

Post by Silvia »

They are cute but nothing close to the pics... also the color is ... well, a dolly color, pretty orange no details and... I had no idea.. eyes are painted???? I recently falled in love with 'Welcome home baby' from Tahsa Edenholm, and although I knew I had to reborn her to look alive but I never though her eyes was painted....also she cames with a dolly eyelashes, but no way to take them off as they are 'glued' to the painted eyes so if I take off I take the 'eye'.. I will try to open them and glue glass eyes inside but with that super mega hard vinyl... I guess I will have to do it with the vinyl hot.. :( Here is the pic I falled in love with.. (In my mind I though to reborn her as an asian baby with black hair) but in person... well... no mention I had to change the body just in the moment I took her of the box... (horrible) and put a nice one. She will be kept until I have some time to reborn her for the moment. :(

Ashton Drake website picture

real picture of the doll (pics are from my instagram so are mobile phone)

real doll compared with Ashton Drake pic

heatherisdolliecrazy

Post by heatherisdolliecrazy »

i've had several Ashton Drake dolls over the years. They were nice at the time. Kind of when reborns first started. I had a few of mine turn gray :( Even ones that were reborn. But i still do have a few that i just couldn't part with. I also have a reborn Katie Webb and she is sticky.
Married To My Hero Nicole

Post by Married To My Hero Nicole »

I've had many over the years. I've only got one left that looks like my cousin's oldest at birth. It's the same size and weight. Although his legs and feet are now dark blue, I just keep him in long pants and socks. My daughter's got one of the quads, Grace I think, that was sold locally for $10. She seems to be OK, but I only got her for her because of the price.
HushabyeMargie

Post by HushabyeMargie »

The first So Truly Real vinyls that came out did not turn. Everything issued after the first Emilies had a tendency to turn. At first AD blamed us,the reborners but it became apparent very soon that it wasn't our fault because dolls were turning still in the box. AD went silent and has maintained that.
Remember we used to have one of the developers of that vinyl on here? There was a huge fight and she went off in a hut, never to be heard from again. I had heard that she had also left AD but not sure.
I used to cover the discoloration by making them AA. Because it was so extensive and multicolored, it was hard to cover any other way.
I've loved some of the sculpts they've brought out and love the feel of their vinyl, but just the thought of all that work with the bad hair and paint and possible discoloration makes me stay away from them.
Blessings!
Margie
Hushabye Babies
tixiepixi_linda

Post by tixiepixi_linda »

Since posting on this thread my 13 year old Granddaughter produced a mardy lip Berenguer and a AD Sleepy Iris (very like Hush) she no longer wants, that I had given her
I gave her Sleepy Iris because she was developing grey eyelids....and now they're even darker

Ashton Drake should have addressed this problem and reimbursed people

The 2 dolls have ended up back here even though as a collector I have no room :lol:

Marylyn...Daisy has really discoloured :grouphug: How can AD blame the buyers :(
x Hugs x
Linda

Madison by Andrea Arcello
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

I have Daisy too and haven't noticed that problem but I do keep her out of the sunlight. Also, a friend of mine used acne cream on hers, left her in the sun and the blue went away. I've never tried it but it might work.

I also have a reborn Emily....actually I have 2 and love them to death. The one is probably one of my favorites.