Anyone become a stay at home mom and reborn full/part time?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Wyattsmommy_Cassandra

Anyone become a stay at home mom and reborn full/part time?

Post by Wyattsmommy_Cassandra »

May seem like an odd question, but has anyone here become a stay at home mom and decide to reborn full/part time? I'm considering it after Evie is born! I just want to stay home and really get to enjoy watching our little one grow, but I also want to contribute to the household financially as well. We would be fine on just the future hubby's income, but I just prefer to have a little extra to help with bills, put in savings, use for date nights, etc. Being in the reborn industry for 10+ years, I know not to expect to make a lot of money, but every little bit helps. I figured this way I could still work AND still be at home with the baby :baby: Anyone willing to share their experiences?

PS. Only 2 weeks+6 days left before we meet our sweet girl! Hang in there Evie, you and mommy got this!!
lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra

Re: Anyone become a stay at home mom and reborn full/part time?

Post by lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra »

Well I became a stay at home mommy to my three fur babies lol. I retired from truck driving 2 years ago to take my reborning full time. I am now making more money reborning than I was driving a truck and I get to stay at home. so it will really depend on how much time you can dedicate to it (which will be hard with little Evie) But it can be a full time job that supports your family. Sending prayers for a healthy happy delivery.
Wyattsmommy_Cassandra

Thank you for sharing your experience Debra! Im so happy it worked out so well for you to reborn full time! That is awesome!
JanelleMarie

Post by JanelleMarie »

I have been home for 12 years with my kids, now 12, 10 and 2!
My husband's job pays the bills and a bit extra, but I have always tried to contribute :)
I have been reborning full time for 5 years now, I still love it every bit as much as when I started!
When we have an unexpected bill or the holidays come, I am so grateful to be able to pitch in!
And I get to be home for all the special moments! <3
One you establish a good routine, and catch up on the household stuff, you will find time!
Just don't burn yourself out, and be sure to take time out for you, too!!!!

Hugs!!!!
Marciemp

Post by Marciemp »

I have 5 kids and am a stay at home mom. My kids are 12,10,10,6 and 4 and I have been reborning for some extra money for a couple years now. Before that it was for gifts for my kids and family. It is hard to find the time, especially with my kids off school for the summer, but as they get bigger I have more and more time. My hubby pays the bills and such but if we have something extra to pay for or hubby's work is slow I can usually make and sell a doll or 2 to help. It is wonderful to be home with them.
ShannonZaNightOwl

Post by ShannonZaNightOwl »

I am a stay at home mom and I reborn. I have been doing this since 2011. I would expect your income to be about the same reborn in as it is now. That is to say if you are having success selling now then you can probably expect to do ok. However, if you are having trouble selling already do not expect that to change simply because your inventory increases. The saturation of new reborn artists have really put a strain on the market, so much so that even though my art has improved 10 fold I actually had more success selling at the beginning than I do now. Congratulations and best wishes for an easy delivery and a healthy baby.

Shannon Hardin
Night Owl Nursery
erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

Cassandra, I simply want to wish you a easy and wonderful delivery and that you and Evie both are healthy and happy after. I can't wait to see pics of her. I know she'll be so beautiful. Best of luck.

Hugs, Erin
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
Crystal-caelinsmomma

Post by Crystal-caelinsmomma »

I've been doing it since 2002, with an 18 month break in there. You can definitely do it, just try not to put too much stress on yourself by setting firm deadlines. It's great to be able to pick up a head and root when the baby is sleeping, but know that everything will take you a bit longer than you're used to, and have patience with yourself.

Best of luck!
Wyattsmommy_Cassandra

Thanks for all your input ladies! I really appreciate it! I think I'm going to take a couple months to focus solely on miss Evie and then give it a try. I won't know for sure unless I try right!? Thanks again ladies!
JanelleMarie

Post by JanelleMarie »

Enjoy every second, and post plenty of pictures!
Hugs and prayers!!!
<3 <3 <3