2010-2011 Julie Molloy Silicone Q's!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
MarissaLovesDolls

2010-2011 Julie Molloy Silicone Q's!

Post by MarissaLovesDolls »

Hey everyone,

For those of you who have had a Julie Molloy silicone poured in 2010 or 2011 can you let me know what you thought of the silicone? I love how the new ones look and how they are described as being like memory foam or marshmallow. Sadly I don't think I'll be able to afford a new one and I have my eye on a 2011 who as long as I am able to sell a couple of my babies soon I will be able to afford.

I have heard of a 2011 molloy being oily but the current mama says that baby is not oily so I'm not sure whether he was fixed or what. Are the older molloy's still cuddly? Just please give me your opinions, I would really appreciate it :)

-Marissa
Rhonda W

Re: 2010-2011 Julie Molloy Silicone Q's!

Post by Rhonda W »

I have Molloy babies from the beginning until now and find them lovely soft babies. Even the ones in the beginning even though not quite as soft are still flexible and soft and a bit more durable. The 2011 are a bit softer then the first I would say equal to a ecoflex 30. The new ones are more equal to a ecoflex 10-20 but definitely are more fragile and do scratch very easily you have to be very gentle with them and never pull on a hand when dressing them, they feel like a firm jello. You can't go wrong with a Molly baby to hold they are the best very likelike.
Have a GREAT day!!!!! :hi:
DianeLovesBabies

Post by DianeLovesBabies »

I have had several Molloy babies. Some older and some newer and have never ever found them oily. Who ever said that was describing them incorrectly. To me they are dry and soft as a babies bottom. The older babies are a bit firmer but not hard like the older silicones that use to be sold in the beginning of silicones. I collect the older silicones and the newer silicones and love them both. Julie's babies are just special when it comes to the cuddle factor and how they feel in your arms if you like to hold your dolls. Once you get one you are hooked.

Hugs,
Diane
Be happy and play with dolls!
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

I love the feel of Julie's babies... their cuddle factor is just the best... I have a friend who has a Hannah Molloy, and she is just the sweetest little cuddle bug... She is very soft and smooth to the touch... and never oily... her skin is like velvet to the touch.
Inspired_Rebecca

Post by Inspired_Rebecca »

Are the Malloy babies able to turn their heads at all or does it just stay in one position? I like to put sleeping babies on their tummies for display so wondering if they'd be able to turn their head to the side? I'm thinking the newer ones might be able to, but maybe not the older ones?
Rebecca
Rhonda W

Post by Rhonda W »

No not really they have a fixed neck.
Have a GREAT day!!!!! :hi:
MarissaLovesDolls

Rhonda W wrote:I have Molloy babies from the beginning until now and find them lovely soft babies. Even the ones in the beginning even though not quite as soft are still flexible and soft and a bit more durable. The 2011 are a bit softer then the first I would say equal to a ecoflex 30. The new ones are more equal to a ecoflex 10-20 but definitely are more fragile and do scratch very easily you have to be very gentle with them and never pull on a hand when dressing them, they feel like a firm jello. You can't go wrong with a Molly baby to hold they are the best very likelike.
I am hopefully putting a down payment on a Molloy baby soon! One of the newer ones too just like I wanted :) Fingers crossed
Thank you so much for your help! I do have one question, what do you mean by scratch them? Do you mean scratch some paint off?
Inspired_Rebecca

Post by Inspired_Rebecca »

Yeah! I'm so excited for you. Crossing my fingers, too :)
Rebecca
MarissaLovesDolls

DianeLovesBabies wrote:I have had several Molloy babies. Some older and some newer and have never ever found them oily. Who ever said that was describing them incorrectly. To me they are dry and soft as a babies bottom. The older babies are a bit firmer but not hard like the older silicones that use to be sold in the beginning of silicones. I collect the older silicones and the newer silicones and love them both. Julie's babies are just special when it comes to the cuddle factor and how they feel in your arms if you like to hold your dolls. Once you get one you are hooked.

Hugs,
Diane
I'm glad you said they're not oily. I really wish I could have felt that doll. Fingers crossed I'll be able to cuddle my own real soon, I just may be putting a down payment on one if everything works out!!
MarissaLovesDolls

LindaBforbabies wrote:I love the feel of Julie's babies... their cuddle factor is just the best... I have a friend who has a Hannah Molloy, and she is just the sweetest little cuddle bug... She is very soft and smooth to the touch... and never oily... her skin is like velvet to the touch.
Oh neat Hannah's an older one! I'm glad to hear she's still cuddly! :)