Kami by LLE. Must have or hold off?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
KaylaSnowBaby

Kami by LLE. Must have or hold off?

Post by KaylaSnowBaby »

How is everyone feeling about Kami Laura Lee Eagles newest sculpt. Is she a must have for you or a "hold off"?
Kathleens_foreverbabies

Re: Kami by LLE. Must have or hold off?

Post by Kathleens_foreverbabies »

I always rush to buy the LLE kits but have found that while we reborners love her kits somehow they don't seem to sell well once reborned :dunno: It's a mystery to me as to why this is true because her sculpts are so realistic but it seems like the only ones that sell for a decent price are the prototypes!
The only exception to that I can think of was Quinlynn, she sold very well, so I'm really undecided as to whether I'm going to order Kami or not :?
[/img]Image
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

If you love Kami you should buy her.
lauraslilones

Post by lauraslilones »

I'm on the fence, not loved the newer sculpts. I'm with Brooke though, if you love her you should buy her xxx
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

Kathleens_foreverbabies wrote:I always rush to buy the LLE kits but have found that while we reborners love her kits somehow they don't seem to sell well once reborned :dunno: It's a mystery to me as to why this is true because her sculpts are so realistic but it seems like the only ones that sell for a decent price are the prototypes!
The only exception to that I can think of was Quinlynn, she sold very well, so I'm really undecided as to whether I'm going to order Kami or not :?
I'm with Kathleen also. The reborners like the sculpts but not our customers much it seems. I see many of the finished dolls on ebay with no bids. It seems since the sculpts went to such huge editions that the uniqueness is gone also. The ones being finished from really small editions are still in big demand if you check it out. Time to go back to smaller limited editions to get the values back up. The doll market just keeps being so flooded with endless finished dolls now. I was going to list a doll on etsy and see how that went. Was thinking maybe less dolls on there. Wrong!!!! Over 9000 on etsy alone!
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Visit all her photo album on FB
https://www.facebook.com/ginny.westley/ ... 317&type=3
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

I won't be ordering her either.
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

After discovering Kami was brought to the Rose show and people were able to buy something like the first 100 kits there, we all know the first ones finished and done are the ones that sell the best. With it being so hard to even compete in the reborn market any more having to wait however long the preorders will end up being and coming in, then toss in about 10 day shipping time, we easily could be looking at 6+ weeks and then some. Then toss in the time it takes to reborn her. So we are then looking at about 8 plus weeks after the first whole release has been out already. Prime example is how people seem to think Saskia even though she is the very same kit as first edition, just is numbered, people act like it isn't worth as much even finished or for resale. I see this all the time people only wanting and asking for first edition numbered kits. Back to Kami, In the mean while 100 people could already have flooded the market with the finished reborn dolls of her before you even get your kit handed to you. By the time Kami arrives to us that couldn't afford to go to the show, Kami will already be less sought after if we go by the latest trend where it is hurry up while it is hot because there are so many new kits coming out almost daily now. Seems that a sculpt becomes old news in one heck of a hurry. So after realizing this I will be passing on her.
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
KaylaSnowBaby

Post by KaylaSnowBaby »

Ginny W wrote:After discovering Kami was brought to the Rose show and people were able to buy something like the first 100 kits there, we all know the first ones finished and done are the ones that sell the best. With it being so hard to even compete in the reborn market any more having to wait however long the preorders will end up being and coming in, then toss in about 10 day shipping time, we easily could be looking at 6+ weeks and then some. Then toss in the time it takes to reborn her. So we are then looking at about 8 plus weeks after the first whole release has been out already. Prime example is how people seem to think Saskia even though she is the very same kit as first edition, just is numbered, people act like it isn't worth as much even finished or for resale. I see this all the time people only wanting and asking for first edition numbered kits. Back to Kami, In the mean while 100 people could already have flooded the market with the finished reborn dolls of her before you even get your kit handed to you. By the time Kami arrives to us that couldn't afford to go to the show, Kami will already be less sought after if we go by the latest trend where it is hurry up while it is hot because there are so many new kits coming out almost daily now. Seems that a sculpt becomes old news in one heck of a hurry. So after realizing this I will be passing on her.
That is a GREAT point!!! I won't be ordering her (mainly because I'm more interested in ones with a certain limited of kits that sell out quickly). With open pre-orders I don't feel the need for that kit.
Kathleens_foreverbabies

Post by Kathleens_foreverbabies »

while we're talking about LE kits, wasn't Saskia supposed to be a LE kit? If so why are they releasing more of her? Makes me angry that they do that as it definitely devalues the original kits :trout:
[/img]Image
DianeLovesBabies

Post by DianeLovesBabies »

I was at the ROSE doll show last week and her babies reborned were the hottest item. I highly recommend buying the kit and reborning it and listing it for sale if you are a reborner. I saw many people walking around with new babies and most of them were LLE sculpts.

Hugs,
Diane
Be happy and play with dolls!
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

DianeLovesBabies wrote:I was at the ROSE doll show last week and her babies reborned were the hottest item. I highly recommend buying the kit and reborning it and listing it for sale if you are a reborner. I saw many people walking around with new babies and most of them were LLE sculpts.

Hugs,
Diane

If you are not considered a must have reborner, then it really doesn't do you much good to buy a kit that has 100 of that sculpt already put out there that people will of already finished and sold before you even got the chance to even do a preorder on it. You do know that the first 100 kits were made and taken to the show and people already have them in hand and that the actual preorder for the people that couldn't afford to go to the show or live to far away to go can't even preorder her until August 4th. The preorder lasts so many days. Then you wait for the kits to be made, shipped to Laura, then inspected, then invoiced, then finally shipped to us. We are talking probably somewhere in the ball park of mid to late October to even finally get the said kit even in hand! Mean while those first 100 kits have already hit the market and the been long sold. We all know the very first few are the great sellers and then the rest of us sit back and hope for at least a few dollars over our costs to even make the finished dolls. Seems even if you make a great finished doll if you don't have a certain name attached to your dolls people think they should not pay a fair price for them. I just seen on Facebook a lady say she bought two kits, one to reborn for herself and one to make money off. There you go!!!!
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
DianeLovesBabies

Post by DianeLovesBabies »

I sold the kit I bought for what I paid for it. Lost the PP fees and then I paid $10 today to ship it to the person who bought it. Some of us are honest and do not want to over charge other doll people. I actually paid $99.99 for the kit and then sold it for 1 cent more than what I paid. Still took a loss with the PP fees and shipping I paid on my end.

To go to these shows in order to get a kit early cost the majority of us have a huge plane fair, the hotel was $115 per night so if we go we have already spent a fortune. So that being said we have about $2,000 invested in going to these shows with an ability to buy these kits early.

I was going to have it reborned by someone but she is sick so I decided to sell it at what I paid for the kit. People were lined up at LLE booth when the doors opened. Do not blame them one bit in trying to buy one or two or more of those kits she had for sale. They spent a pile of money in order to be in that line and get them earlier than when it will be out for sale to the general public.

I can see your point you are trying to make but that being said, I am just a collector and loved the sculpt. Went back to her booth when everyone got what they wanted and some kits were still available. Some people do not hoard and covet these kits. Some are the collectors who love a certain sculpt and seek someone to reborn it for them.

Hugs,
Diane
Be happy and play with dolls!
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

That was a good savings on the kit.
Crystal-caelinsmomma

Post by Crystal-caelinsmomma »

After discovering Kami was brought to the Rose show and people were able to buy something like the first 100 kits there, we all know the first ones finished and done are the ones that sell the best
It does put everyone who couldn't make the time/funds to go to the show at a big disadvantage. I love this kit, so I'm on the fence. I usually get at least 2 Laura Lee Eagles kits every release.
chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

I'm not and haven't been buying kits that sell out in a matter of minutes
I appreciate those that have open pre orders for a days/ weeks so everyone gets s chance to buy
JaNan

Post by JaNan »

I saw her in person and she is gorgeous! I bought her because I want her...I may get her done right away and I may not...many of us buy right away because we want it but we do not necessarily get them reborn right away..it is part of the addiction! :lol:
as for flooded market..I think that is true whether you are talking about an LE or a Bountiful Baby kit.
True the LE kits are more expensive...and it does seem if there are more than 1000 the kit should be cheaper...having said that...the EAgles kits are always a good investment..I have always been able to sell them and get my money back or trade for another LE I missed.
I would say if you like her...get her! the ordering starts the 4th and lasts several days so everyone should get one if they want one.
I personally love reborning Eagles kits...so if the reborn doesn't sell...it will be MINE! lol..it's a win win! :elephant:
Dolly Hugs JaNan
TinyTimms_Doris

Post by TinyTimms_Doris »

I love this kit too. She is beautiful and I think she will be popular no matter when you are able to paint her.