Feedback

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Tracy Lorraine

Feedback

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

I wanted to bring up a subject that may be controversial....but here goes.....I have a dear dolly sister that I know is honest, trustworthy & treats her dolls with immaculate care & respect. A REALLY BAD situation has happened to her. Everyone wants to see negative feedback left for the seller (including me)! My sweet dolly sister doesn't want to leave the feedback because her own feedback is spotless & she knows the "retaliation" feedback will be left by the seller. What to do, what to do?!?!
georgeanne

Re: Feedback

Post by georgeanne »

I read feedback good or bad and I can understand that a person with perfect feedback would hesitate to leave a negative because of retaliation. But I also know that someone would leave unjust retaliatory feedback and don't let that discourage me from dealing with the person I know to be honest. Hope that makes sense.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Kim

Post by Kim »

I feel for your friend but I don't know how else to warn future buyers. I agree with Georgeanne, I would read both sides of the issue and then make a decision.
Annette

Post by Annette »

Unfortunately, there are some immature people who will post retaliatory feedback, even when they know they're in the wrong. We can only read what others have written, to decide whether to deal with a person or not. But we DO know who the honest ones are, and who are not.
If only positive feedback is shown, we don't get a true idea of the person and their dealings.
So, posting or not posting negative feedback, is a decision that only your friend can make. BUT, keep in mind that, if the other person does post negative feedback, your friend can ask Steve to remove it if it's been proven that it is unjust. Only he can do that.
Last edited by Annette on Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugs Annette
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

By not posting negative feedback, it just likens the same horrible experience will happen to another dollfan member. Because right now anyone looking to buy a doll from this person will see nothing but glowing feedback. I always check feedback before buying a doll from someone. Seeing a retaliatory negative would not prevent me from buying from the person.
Hugs,
Nadia

nonnikaycarolyn

Post by nonnikaycarolyn »

If the feedback is all positive except for one or two, I always go with the majority. I believe others will do so, as well. I hope she will not let fear keep her from sharing her experience.
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

I think she should leave feedback............so others will know to watch out next time...........If she doesn't have many bad feedbacks then I am sure we ladies can figure it out especially if she has lots of wonderful feedback...................Hugs, Kathy
Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll »

I can speak from experience on this one. Years ago when Doll-Fan was newer, I received less than nice dolls in a trade from someone that was showing such positive feedback that I didn't hesitate to trade. It was only after I posted that I was much less than pleased with what had gone on in "my trade" & that the dolls received were at best only worthy of a free giveaway to someone that wanted to strip them & try again to reborn them properly, then & only then did TEN other buyers/traders come forth to say that they were "afraid" of saying anything bad because no one else did, and say that they, too, had been "scammed" by the same person.
I, myself, when looking to buy from someone look at their feedback & see why they were left bad feedback, because you can't please everyone & if all is positive except one or two then I figure that they are a safe person to sell/trade/buy from. One bad feedback wouldn't stop me from a transaction. JMHO!!
Last edited by Barbydoll on Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration"
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

I had someone on here leave me negative feedback and they never even purchased anything from me............they never even paid for anything. I don't feel that is fair either............ I believe in honesty so I think they should leave the feedback that is deserved.
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Thank you for all the advice on this matter. I feel the same way as most of you. I always read feedback & can tell when there has been retaliation. We definitely need to expose the scammers/dishonest members on the forum for the sake of our trusted friends. :toast:
Kelliegirl

Post by Kelliegirl »

Tracy Lorraine wrote:Thank you for all the advice on this matter. I feel the same way as most of you. I always read feedback & can tell when there has been retaliation. We definitely need to expose the scammers/dishonest members on the forum for the sake of our trusted friends. :toast:
I agree 100% with you Tracy!! Even though it's worrisome to get the retaliation feedback, I think most of us, if not all of us here know who is posting negative feedback because of retaliation, especially when it's posted for someone we know so well who is an honest person and she has had sooooo many wonderful dolly transactions!! :D
Hugs, Kellie :D

~*Precious Baby Girl*~
MonikaS

Post by MonikaS »

Wonder if we could save a picture of the disputed item to serve as record. It would show why the experience was bad if it was tangible. I always look at both sides to see where the truth lies. It would seem to me that an adjudicator could be used to determine fairness in a negative comment vs. retaliatory/duplicate feedback. Alas, that would be a lot of work and draining on someone emotionally.
Last edited by MonikaS on Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MonikaS
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

If I see negative feedback on someone I read the other side too to make a decision. That usually tells the story
Serenity

Post by Serenity »

I think she needs to leave the feedback! It helps the next person...Too many times collectors are afraid to speak up because of the bullies in this community or people who don't take the time to listen to both sides! I think second market can be a great way to buy sold out or dolls at a lower price but when dishonest people are involved it really hurts! Best wishes to your friend!