OK. I know this has happened to someone else!!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Cathy B

OK. I know this has happened to someone else!!

Post by Cathy B »

I had a lady purchase my doll on Layaway off of FB don't know if she is a member here, but as stated non-refundable. This morning she text me saying she can not finish paying for my baby, because her seller didn't finish paying off the baby she has for sale from her, so she wants half her money back from me :shock: Honey where do they do this at :?: She paid with her cc so now I think she's going to reverse the charges, because I told her I will not refund her, beside I put that money down on another baby myself. I did tell her that I will hold the baby for another month for her while she list her baby again. Has this happened to anyone? if so what did you do?

Thanks in advance,
Cathy B.
Today's forecast:God Reigns and the Son Shines.
grandmasheryl

Re: OK. I know this has happened to someone else!!

Post by grandmasheryl »

I think giving an extra month to pay is more than generous !!!
If worst comes to worst and she gets 1/2 back, you will be free to resell and be ahead by the $$ she lost.
Hope it all works out.
Another thought?
Tell her you will relist the baby immediately IF she sells within 2 weeks then and only then will you accept her request of 50% refund of monies paid. I f she does not sell? Well I guess she is s**t out of luck isn't she?
Cathy B

Post by Cathy B »

grandmasheryl wrote:I think giving an extra month to pay is more than generous !!!
If worst comes to worst and she gets 1/2 back, you will be free to resell and be ahead by the $$ she lost.
Hope it all works out.
Another thought?
Tell her you will relist the baby immediately IF she sells within 2 weeks then and only then will you accept her request of 50% refund of monies paid. I f she does not sell? Well I guess she is s**t out of luck isn't she?
I think that fare as well. This is why I really do not like to do layaway's, as sometimes things always change or happen, but I will let her know. Thanks Sherly :toast:
XOXOXOOX
Cathy B.
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Same thing happened to me & she did the charge back via her credit card company after making 3 payments on a 12 month layaway because she "got tired of the drama" on DollFan. What did that have to do with her deal with me? Who knows. I was FURIOUS! I know people don't like it when you ask for payments via Paypal friends & family, but it stops this from happening. I feel like if you are willing to do a layaway, the buyer should be willing to send via f&f if they are serious about completing the purchase. Jmho.
Cathy B

Post by Cathy B »

Tracy Lorraine wrote:Same thing happened to me & she did the charge back via her credit card company after making 3 payments on a 12 month layaway because she "got tired of the drama" on DollFan. What did that have to do with her deal with me? Who knows. I was FURIOUS! I know people don't like it when you ask for payments via Paypal friends & family, but it stops this from happening. I feel like if you are willing to do a layaway, the buyer should be willing to send via f&f if they are serious about completing the purchase. Jmho.
Agreed 100%!! I don't like that people can do charge back so easy, that's not right at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x
Cathy B

Post by Cathy B »

Well..... so I don't have to go through the DRAMA with this transaction I just told Codi that I would refund her half the money back, but after I re-sale the baby, as I need to relist her and get money to her. Thanks all for such good advice!!!!!
XOXOOXXO
Cathy B.
grandmasheryl

Post by grandmasheryl »

If you put " custom" purchase they can not do a charge back via PayPal at all.
This is not lying as when you accept a layaway request it has become a " customized" purchase!
Tricky? probably, but it sickens me how people feel they can just change thier mind gosh we are not a conglomerate for Pete's sake.
Cathy B

Post by Cathy B »

grandmasheryl wrote:If you put " custom" purchase they can not do a charge back via PayPal at all.
This is not lying as when you accept a layaway request it has become a " customized" purchase!
Tricky? probably, but it sickens me how people feel they can just change thier mind gosh we are not a conglomerate for Pete's sake.
Thank you GOOD to know!!! :toast: This is just a Hot MESS!!!
XOXOXOXo
Cathy B.
Susan@childrenoftheheart

Post by Susan@childrenoftheheart »

I am at the point of only accepting bank transfers. That is the only way they cannot charge you back!
Cathy B

Post by Cathy B »

Susan@childrenoftheheart wrote:I am at the point of only accepting bank transfers. That is the only way they cannot charge you back!
Susan, This is becoming such a MESS!!! :oops:
love4reborns

Post by love4reborns »

That's why whenever I do layaway, i ask for the payments to be friends and family.

I know a lot of people don't like that, but when I say nonrefundable, I mean it!
Cathy B

Post by Cathy B »

love4reborns wrote:That's why whenever I do layaway, i ask for the payments to be friends and family.

I know a lot of people don't like that, but when I say nonrefundable, I mean it!
People do not want to pay family & friends, because they say it's no guarantee if somethings happens they will not be covered :dunno:
KrisC

Post by KrisC »

Just call ebay... dont write them. Call them and explain. If you have all proof written down, you will win.
Cathy B

Post by Cathy B »

KrisC wrote:Just call ebay... dont write them. Call them and explain. If you have all proof written down, you will win.
KrisC. This was a sale off of FB, but I do have all our emails and conversations :toast:
XOXOXOOX
Cathy B.
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

That is BS. Did you do it through paypal? Because that will help if she does that with her credit card.

if you do a layaway and that person decides to change there are out of luck.

Same as if we buy from an artist.

I have done layaways and lucky haven't had this problem.

But no she doesn't get money back. You have been holding the doll for her.

Hugs
Cathy B

Post by Cathy B »

MonicaW wrote:That is BS. Did you do it through paypal? Because that will help if she does that with her credit card.

if you do a layaway and that person decides to change there are out of luck.

Same as if we buy from an artist.

I have done layaways and lucky haven't had this problem.

But no she doesn't get money back. You have been holding the doll for her.

Hugs

Yes I did my transaction through PayPal, but she feels like since, her doll didn't sale she doesn't have the rest of the money to pay me, and wants half her money back. I was in shock when she asked for her money back, because that was the first thing I said was non-refundable layaway, so I guess she didn't want to hear that :dunno:
love4reborns

Post by love4reborns »

I always tell people upfront that I expect the payments F&F if its layaways. I've had a few and no issues. If they don't agree, I just tell them thanks and move on!

I also don't spend the money for dolls sold until the buyer receives it and leaves good feedback (whether through eBay or Facebook messenger). Just because I'm
Afraid of a chargeback and being negative in my accts. I just can't do that!
Cathy B

Post by Cathy B »

alunaandy wrote:If the doll she was selling on layaway wasn't paid for, surely she can relist that for sale and pay you what she owes when it sells, but give her a set time to sell it. You have lost a sale otherwise and any payments she has made should cover the loss of you sale if you'd sold to someone who could have paid immediately... you did her a favour by allowing the layaway. Hope it sorts.
Worst case senario... go with your idea of offering the doll for sale and if you get a buyer.... then refunding her half.
Thank you Alunna, i did let her know that I would put the baby up for sale , and refund her half :toast:
XOXOXOXOXO
Cathy B.
Mikki

Post by Mikki »

love4reborns wrote:I always tell people upfront that I expect the payments F&F if its layaways. I've had a few and no issues. If they don't agree, I just tell them thanks and move on!

I also don't spend the money for dolls sold until the buyer receives it and leaves good feedback (whether through eBay or Facebook messenger). Just because I'm
Afraid of a chargeback and being negative in my accts. I just can't do that!

How does F&F work and why is it more of a protection?
Realborn Jaxon

Mikki W