Florida dolly weekend****new info***

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Tracy Lorraine

Florida dolly weekend****new info***

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

DATES & LOCATION IN NEW POST
http://www.doll-fan.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=374224

Hi everyone! Well...as the summer months are coming to an end, my dolly time begins to increase. That made me starting thinking about our next dolly meet-up. Many ladies have shown an interest in attending if we moved it to a city with a large airport & easier access.....so.....I'm thinking Orlando might be a great place to hold our February 2017 event. What I need from my friends on DF, is repsonses to a short survey below. Please throw it all at me now, because once we reserve a place....that's it.....done/finito...until the next year.

1) if we move to Orlando, would you want to do a weekend, or a whole week

2) would you be agreeable to renting a large house/condo & sharing it with 8-12 ladies

3) is there any week/weekend that you can't attend

4) would you like to have a class of some sort

5) would you want to do touristy things as part of our time together (theme parks, water parks)

At this point, I'm open to any & all ideas. I want this weekend to grow....it's really a fun time. :dance:
Last edited by Tracy Lorraine on Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
love4reborns

Re: Florida dolly weekend

Post by love4reborns »

I'd love to attend. I'd prefer a weekend.

2) would you be agreeable to renting a large house/condo & sharing it with 8-12 ladies
Yes..

N/A - I'd think the weekend leading up to and after Vday would be out for some..

Yes, I'd love a class on painting.

5) would you want to do touristy things as part of our time together (theme parks, water parks)
Wouldn't be a necessity for me.
judyismyname

Post by judyismyname »

I'd prefer a weekend but would consider a week

Yes..

Sons birthday 16th

I am game to any but no preference

No- don't do water
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Thanks love4reborns & Judy. I'm so excited to work with a new location! :elephant:
DollyBabeChris

Post by DollyBabeChris »

Our trip was sooo much fun!! I will be attending again I if I can!

A long weekend would work best for me.

Yes

Not that I know of.

Not particularly.

I might like to do Disney one day if others were interested. But I think that too many activities would get in the way of dolly time.
Chris

Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Thank you, Chris! :toast:

I love your siggy pic! :heart:
AliciaWoodson

Post by AliciaWoodson »

Long weekend would be best!

Yes but I live 1 1/2 hours away so I'd probably commute there from home by car every day

No

Yes! Sculpting would be awesome or painting silicone

5) would you want to do touristy things as part of our time together (theme parks, water parks
Whatever others might want to do I am up for!
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Thank you, Alicia.
Becca

Post by Becca »

Count me in, Tracy!!!

Week for sure- I have never been on a real vacation and I would love to take a whole week off. Less stress, too, in my opinion since there is more time to do everything.

Of course!!! I feel safer staying somewhere with a group of people so this would be perfect.

No, shouldn't be a problem taking a week off in February especially.

Doesn't matter to me. I think there will be lots to do already. But a pottery class would be very fun!! I enjoy sculpting things.

DISNEY WORLD DISNEY WORLD and DISNEY WORLD :lol: I have been wanting to go since I was a kid and have never had anyone to go with!! This would be the perfect chance to go and I have been wanting to see if any of you ladies would be interested so this would be great timing!!!

At this point, I'm open to any & all ideas. I want this weekend to grow....it's really a fun time. :dance:
:foryou:
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Thank you, Becca!
jubileejulie

Post by jubileejulie »

A long weekend please

I am not so keen on the house idea. I really need my own room or space and think that with a house I'd probably have to share a room with someone.

I really liked having it the last weekend in January.

No thank you

No thanks, just shop, hang out, eat is good for me
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Thank you, Julie. Jenny & I discussed moving it to February for 3 reasons...I'm hoping we can pick a date that works for everyone.
1) there were plans of a doll show in Tampa on "our weekend" in January
2) Jenny has a big photo job that weekend
3) Mike & I won a trip to Jamaica through our business & the travel dates are the last week in January
Lainey

Post by Lainey »

I am thinking of going to another weekend. I had so much fun at the last one. Of course, everything in our lives has to be depending on the condition of Paul Jr.

Here are my answers....
1.I prefer a long weekend and since it would be Orlando, I could visit with my sister as well. She lives in Palm Harbor, about 1 1/2 hours from Orlando.
2.I would prefer a hotel since I like to have my own room.

3. Any weekend would be fine with me.

4. Not sure about the class. It would depend on what it was.

5. I wouldn't mind going to Disney one day if most of the ladies want to go as well.
HUGS, LAINEY
[image]11057[/image]
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Thank you, Lainey! I sure hope you'll join us again.
jubileejulie

Post by jubileejulie »

Ok I understand the reason for the date change. I just wanted it to be sooner cause it is always so much fun. I haven't heard anything about the other doll show in months.

Shopping at Disney a Village or whatever it is called might be fun. I know Sally and Debbie and some other ladies always went there when IDEX was on.
Californiateri

Post by Californiateri »

Oh phooo. I was hoping to be able to go to the dolly weekend this year - Orlando would have been so much fun. Unfortunately, about a month ago we signed up to go to the big genealogy conference in Salt Lake City in February. I'd much rather go to a dolly event, but DH wants to go and we already paid for our tickets and hotel. :cry: Oh well, maybe next year.
teri - and my sweeties

tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

Oh it sounds like so much fun................I wish.............Hugs, KAthy
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

jubileej wrote:Ok I understand the reason for the date change. I just wanted it to be sooner cause it is always so much fun. I haven't heard anything about the other doll show in months.

Shopping at Disney a Village or whatever it is called might be fun. I know Sally and Debbie and some other ladies always went there when IDEX was on.
Shopping is definitely on my agenda!! :elephant:
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

I wish you could join us, Kathy & Teri. :hug:
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

* A long weekend would be great for me..... :D
* I am good either way! a condo, or a place like we have been staying in the past! I loved our little 2 bedroom lodge! :dance:
*With the exception of the last weekend in January, I am wide open for the month of February!
* I am flexible! :headspin:
* I am up for shopping, theme parks and Downtown Disney is FUN at night! Just make sure we can find a Cheesecake Factory in Orlando...cause it is part of our tradition you know! lol :dance:

Ladies..... If anyone is on the fence about going! Let me just tell you.....we have a GREAT TIME! Last year we played games....The Saran Wrap game was lots of fun~! A Trivia Game about Dollfan forum with prizes! We have a gift exchange which was lots and lots of fun! We did some shopping! Lots of relaxing nights sitting around talking and playing with our babies! So much fun!......It's just lots of good relaxing fun with friends who love their babies! :grouphug:
I am so so excited about going again~ This will be our 3rd annual Florida get together! Don't miss out!