Vinyl Doll Scam

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
kd

Re: Vinyl Doll Scam

Post by kd »

georgeanne wrote:No one in their right mind would ask for and allow such an extremely expensive doll be shipped and received without insurance. Both of you knew better. I think both of you should equally suffer the consequences of such foolish actions.

I like that idea.
Sally - USA

Post by Sally - USA »

Well, at the risk of getting my head handed to me on a platter or a pike, I think that the seller of the Romie doll was trying to cheat by valuing the doll at $50 in the first place. It would appear that the buyer saw her opportunity to have the doll and her money back and she has succeeded.

This should stand as a lesson to ALL. Do not undervalue your precious and EXPENSIVe doll no matter what. If the buyer can't afford the customs fees then she can't afford the doll. End of story.
Sandis Doll House

Post by Sandis Doll House »

Sally - USA wrote:Well, at the risk of getting my head handed to me on a platter or a pike, I think that the seller of the Romie doll was trying to cheat by valuing the doll at $50 in the first place. It would appear that the buyer saw her opportunity to have the doll and her money back and she has succeeded.

This should stand as a lesson to ALL. Do not undervalue your precious and EXPENSIVe doll no matter what. If the buyer can't afford the customs fees then she can't afford the doll. End of story.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

[/quote]
Frenchsmurfett wrote:
Silicones_byKristin wrote:
Frenchsmurfett wrote:First PayPal then Facebook now here....
All I have to say is people use your brain!
As a collector who shows my dolls off, it would be insane for me to not only ruin my reputation but spend $7500 on a Romie Baby I couldn't show/take out/trade or sell...
I am also out of pocket for the shipping cost back to her...
This is SLANDER and I will take action.
I tried everything to get her to help me resolve it and tried for 10 days to get her to help. I contacted customs/post office depot/insurance but she kept telling me " your problem"...file your claims so eventually I had to...
She was paying for shipping so like I said, if it was my plan to do this, I would have insisted on her getting insurance since I wasn't paying for it!
She Even said she's was going to refuse to sign for the return! Didn't have the COA and forgot some items...
How Would any of you feel if you bought $7500 Romie Baby and found nothing but a note, tons of bubble wrap and a cheap vinyl doll?
Good job I did a quick video with my phone which I was so excited I wasn't going to do at first!
The group even blocked me on the scammers group so I cannot even defend myself...
That shall not judge...
This shall all be over soon. As soon as the police get involved. Either them or the FBI for mail fraud. She has the package that was sent back to her (well not the original box)...but what ever doll was put inside claiming to be the doll sent. The finger prints on the doll will tell all. Many people in the dolly community have destroyed their own reputations for doing something stupid or scamming. First they gain the trust then they strike. I saw the video. I don't believe the video. There is NO way in items inside the box were shipped that way. IMPOSSIBLE for the sheet of paper to be laying in the center of the box without a single wrinkle all the way from over sea's shipping when there is a 1-3" gap between the plastic bubble wrap and the top of the box. The paper would have been crushed, the doll placed in the center for the box opening would have actually been partial unwrapped, or tossed around.. the hair would have been a mess, ect. In the box opening video everything in the box was laying perfect.. there was nothing out of sorts. There would have been no padding pressure to keep everything nicely together the way it was shown in the box opening. GIVE HER DOLL BACK>>> OR RETURN HER MONEY!!

I actually did advise Kathy to get the authorities involved as I would not only like to know what happened but also clear my name 100% but she refused and said she was scared of repercussions from customs.
I did not notice the weight of the box as it came when I wasn't in so was placed on my dressing table in my nursery where I opened it.
I did not move the box prior to opening it and had no reason to suspect anything waswrong as the usps tape was undisturbed.
I tried for 10 days to help resolve this and did not want to file but Kathy repeatedly told me to adding she would just let PayPal sort it!
I will not tolerate Slander and have already intrucked my solicitors to contact the culprits warning them of the implications of their actions/comments. I have no issue involving the authorities.
I am a genuine person who is as much a victim as Kathy.

I always put my real name at the end of each message.
Kind regards
Nadège
Who are you speaking of???? People are allowed to comment their views
Frenchsmurfett wrote:
Lori JR wrote:I've watched the video several times. Smurf, you are a terrible actor, might hang onto that day job.
:flamethrow:
Terribly childish..I was not acting nor am I an actor.
FYI, I work with special needs children and enjoy my job.
Seems they have more sense than some neurotypical adults!
You forgot your real name at the end of this message.....

And why,after having paid SO much for the doll leave it up to the seller as to insuring the package???
Was it also her idea to place the value at 50 dollars????
She obviously couldn't insure for the paid amount if she was claiming a value of $50.00.....Seems the only one that would benefit....would be you...?
I'm with the ladies that said it was a stupid move on both parts......You yourself said the USPS tape was untouched...Odd at the very least
Denise O

Post by Denise O »

So the seller voluntarily didn't insure the box and voluntarily devalued the contents? You didn't ask her to mark the package as a GIFT and mark the VALUE $50???? Of course you would encourage her to contact the authorities... you HAVE your money back. She is out the doll and would face legal consequences for devaluing the package! Did you ask her to send it as a gift with that value? I believe it was mentioned that you insisted to those arrangements or you WOULD NOT follow through with the purchase. You didn't move the box before opening it????? This just all seems very suspect. You literally didn't turn the box to make it easier? I just don't believe your reasons. Even if it was on a table, most would still turn it etc before opening it and I have even lifted the sides of the box to make cutting angles easier so as not to cut into the contents. Something is very off. All the pieces of this puzzle just don't fit together. No insurance, devalued package, you have her mail the package when you know you will be away for weeks, and then from what I have read... you make a box opening video for the first time out of all the dolls you have purchased!

PS... If you need my address for your SOLICITOR.. DO NOT HESITATE to message me and I will gladly provide it. I was careful to never name anyone and make vague accusations, so while EVERYONE knows what I am saying, I kept it non specific.
I also remember very well what happened to Claire Taylor when her Zadia went missing. In a few months or even a year this will be a distant memory for some. You have your money, and if that doll were to be sold behind the scenes as many dolls are, NO one would be the wiser. So many collectors say they lost the COA and originals etc. I don't believe Romie marks her dolls in the silicone casts like some artists do, so it would be very very easy to do. Especially if it were sold very very cheaply. I know lots of collectors of high end dolls that DO NOT show their dolls in public, so its feasible to say this doll could make the sales rounds undetected or stay in a private collection forever... as there literally was no monetary loss for the person who has this doll in their possession.

Also... its NOT slander, it would be libel. Your solicitor should have told you that. Here is the definition.
Libel[edit]
Libel is defined as defamation by written or printed words, pictures, or in any form other than by spoken words or gestures.[8] The law of libel originated in the 17th century in England. With the growth of publication came the growth of libel and development of the tort of libel.[9]

This is what you would need in order to PROVE it.
Proving libel[edit]
There are several ways a person must go about proving that libel has taken place. For example, in the United States, the person must prove that the statement was false, caused harm, and was made without adequate research into the truthfulness of the statement. These steps are for an ordinary citizen.

As I see it... I am not sure you have a legitimate case. You were the one who posted the video allowing doubt. You were the one who didn't send the originals back. You harmed yourself.
Frenchsmurfett wrote:
Silicones_byKristin wrote:
Frenchsmurfett wrote:
Becca wrote:I think you should reveal the name of this lady so that she is not able to scam anyone else who sees this thread.
I am the Lady and have never scammed anyone...
I do believe Kathy sent the doll but unfortunately this is what I unbox even though usps tape was still on!
All I can say is thank goodness I always do box packing/opening videos.
Whoever did this cannot be a collector. What would be the point in spending $7500 on a Romie Baby that you cannot show off to anyone, cannot take to shows, cannot trade or sell as well as ruining my reputation so I wouldn't be able to collect?!
Needless to say the cost of shipping the vinyl doll back to her tracked and signed for ( which she said she was going to refuse) is not refunded!!
If you believe she sent the doll, and "something else" happened to it... HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK?????? YOU told her not to insure this doll. IT would be your fault..
However that said, I don't believe someone else swapped out this doll. It didn't even come from Romie so the possibility of someone knowing what was inside is ridiculous.

I did not refuse insurance. Kathy told me post office told her it would cost $600/$700 to post so I mentioned to her how others had sent their dolls. At this point I was only thinking damage and silicone isn't fragile.
SInce she was covering the shipping cost, it was her choice.
The post master did know what was inside because he told Kathy she wouldn't send the doll from his post office as she had told him on the phone she was $7500 but declared $50 on the box! ( I have the email)
I wish she would get the authorities involved rather than slandering my name. I have as I have nothing to fear from them.
My solicitors are in the process of studying the comments and will issue letters warning of the repercussions of Slander.
Kind regards
Nadège
Last edited by Denise O on Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Denise O

Post by Denise O »

I completely agree.... the perfect recipe for the perfect deception.
Sally - USA wrote:Well, at the risk of getting my head handed to me on a platter or a pike, I think that the seller of the Romie doll was trying to cheat by valuing the doll at $50 in the first place. It would appear that the buyer saw her opportunity to have the doll and her money back and she has succeeded.

Shannon

Post by Shannon »

Just watched the video. What happened to the custom forms that were attached in their special envelope for international shipping?
grandmasheryl

Post by grandmasheryl »

Thank-you Denise ! For pointing out the slander/libel goof she made!
I think this is just a big scam, her indignation and threatening lawyers/ solicitors is a crock,claiming they are " examining" everything WRITTEN but calling it slander lol :roll:
Any lawyer worth his or her salt would have used CORRECT terms.
Not phoney baloney threats to cover her own a*s for being outed as a scammer.
I would still instigate an investigation but start with the police in the UK ! An email with all the details may interest them.
Also go back to pay pal with proof it was sent with the weight,and the fact it was NOT send back in the original box! With original customs forms!
The "actress" using the term VERY losley in the video is beyond ridiculous.
SCAM!!! Smurfette you should be ashamed of yourself!!!!!
You will soon find out doll fan members of long-standing stick up for each other when they have been cheated!
Last edited by grandmasheryl on Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
kd

Post by kd »

Smurf has a video on youtube about making demands of a DF lady, because she (Smurf) was unhappy about props not included in the doll sale transaction. :shock: :roll:
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

The PO receipt will show the exact weight of the box when it was mailed. Seems like that would be enough to prove a case since the video shows her opening a box with bubble wrap and a much lighter doll.
dianareed

Post by dianareed »

I really don't know who is to blame, here. From what I've been reading, both parties need to take some responsibility. Undervaluing a doll, especially one as expensive as the Romie baby is foolish and fraudulent. I'm not saying this is what happened to the Romie baby, but there might be a possibility that Customs may be to blame. It's only a guess on my part, based on what happened to a couple of my dolls. When I got my Sophie K. from the UK, her box arrived OPENED! The tape had been cut, and most of the outfits are missing. Luckily, Sophie and her COA arrived safely. I had another silicone doll come to me via Spain. She was my Felicity Villanova. Once again, the box was opened, the doll was unwrapped and taken out of her bubblewrap and blanket. She was thrown back into the box, face down, still unwrapped. And a hand full of styrofoam packing peanuts was thrown into the box over her. I contacted Maribel. She told me that she didn't even use styrofoam peanuts. So, my guess, and this is only a guess based on my experience, is that it is Customs that opens the boxes for inspection, and some agents may be less than honest, so, who knows what they do? It could be that they see lots of dolls coming to and going from the UK. I know this seems far-fetched, but maybe a Customs agent did keep a cheap doll on hand, knowing sooner or later, an expensive doll was going to show up in customs, opened the box up for inspection and switched dolls. In my case, I'm certain, although I can't prove it, that the clothing in Sophie's box was stolen. Now, why that box was even allowed to be delivered to me opened is a mystery. Didn't anyone question it?? Unfortunately, when my husband picked up the box at our front door, he didn't see who the courier was. This is why a doll should be INSURED FOR THE FULL AMOUNT, ESPECIALLY IF IT'S GOING OVERSEAS AND NOT SENT AS A GIFT! Personally, I only buy from, and sell to, people I know. Just my two cents.
Last edited by dianareed on Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
dianareed

Post by dianareed »

Absolutely, Sally!!! I agree!!!
Marina Blue

Post by Marina Blue »

I think it is very important to know who you buy from and who you sell to. It is not so much about valuation orstuff. It is about honesty. I live in Sweden and I also ask to mark down. Because the fees are incredible. Plus and not less the risk that the doll will be hold in customs and opened is higher the higher amount it is valued to. The situation with this scam is terrible. Because one part is dishonest.
Hugs,
Marina
MissyDoll

Post by MissyDoll »

In this case, had there been insurance they would not have paid out. As far as they are conserned the parcel was delivered.
i have heard it's really hard to get USPS to pay out a claim on an insured parcel anyway.
This was just a really bad situation.
Last edited by MissyDoll on Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
grandmasheryl

Post by grandmasheryl »

Maybe not a case for postal insurance BUT PayPal would indeed be interested in seeing both shipping receipts based on the weights. All I can see is the buyer saw a way to take advantage!
If she couldn't,t afford customs fees she shouldn't buy t!
We get nailed in Canada too on import charges, I don't mind paying via USPS mail .
I won't buy if the seller uses eBay's global shipping as Pitney Bowes is ripping people off .
Denise O

Post by Denise O »

Screen shots from her YouTube account were posted on the Facebook post and this is not the first issue she has had buying dolls. She tried to extort a partial refund out of Kelliegirl to the amount of $1750 because some of the original items were not sent when she purchased Kellies Janika. As the buyer she then also claimed the doll was not pristine and allegedly threatened to ruin Kellies reputation. It was a mess but finally a resolution was agreed upon. $1750 partial refund for a missing blanket, bottle, tights, headband etc. seriously???? Watch her YouTube videos. They are crystal clear and held steady. Quite a huge difference from this box opening.
Tinabloomfield

Post by Tinabloomfield »

I for one, do not feel comfortable, when people ask me to put as gift, and under 50.00 in value. This has happened several times, and in that case, I let the customer know, that it is in both of our interests not to break the law, and that it is my policy to make sure that insurance covers the entire cost of purchase. This whole situation is terrible. Both parties are guilty of something, but it does seem that Kathy is taking all of the consequesnces, and to me that is not fair! I hope this shows that you have to do everything to make sure your rear end is covered, especially in situations like this.
dianareed

Post by dianareed »

Denise O wrote:Screen shots from her YouTube account were posted on the Facebook post and this is not the first issue she has had buying dolls. She tried to extort a partial refund out of Kelliegirl to the amount of $1750 because some of the original items were not sent when she purchased Kellies Janika. As the buyer she then also claimed the doll was not pristine and allegedly threatened to ruin Kellies reputation. It was a mess but finally a resolution was agreed upon. $1750 partial refund for a missing blanket, bottle, tights, headband etc. seriously???? Watch her YouTube videos. They are crystal clear and held steady. Quite a huge difference from this box opening.
Oh! Yes! Denise! I remember that fiasco! She claimed Kellie didn't include all of Janika's "originals". I didn't put two and two together, until you just mentioned it. Kellie keeps her dolls pristine. I felt so badly for her. It was just so nasty. Now I know who this person is.
Denise O

Post by Denise O »

She wanted $1750 for ORIGINALS!!!! Seriously.... major red flag. Whenever anyone asks for a partial refund instead of just returning the alarms start sounding. $1750 for a blanket, bottle, crown, and a few pieces of clothing accessories. Are you kidding me??? And Kellie offered to send them after and it really got out of hand. I will NEVER deal with this buyer and I will educate the artists I work with on this subject. Its clearly not worth the risk.

California Diana R wrote:
Denise O wrote:Screen shots from her YouTube account were posted on the Facebook post and this is not the first issue she has had buying dolls. She tried to extort a partial refund out of Kelliegirl to the amount of $1750 because some of the original items were not sent when she purchased Kellies Janika. As the buyer she then also claimed the doll was not pristine and allegedly threatened to ruin Kellies reputation. It was a mess but finally a resolution was agreed upon. $1750 partial refund for a missing blanket, bottle, tights, headband etc. seriously???? Watch her YouTube videos. They are crystal clear and held steady. Quite a huge difference from this box opening.
Oh! Yes! Denise! I remember that fiasco! She claimed Kellie didn't include all of Janika's "originals". I didn't put two and two together, until you just mentioned it. Kellie keeps her dolls pristine. I felt so badly for her. It was just so nasty. Now I know who this person is.