Vinyl Doll Scam

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Muffin8

Vinyl Doll Scam

Post by Muffin8 »

Has anyone out there in the silicone doll world heard of the vinyl doll scam? Well let me tell you what recently happened to me.
I sent a silicone doll by Romie Strydom "Jenevieve" to a women in the UK. When my package left the post office it weighed 15 lbs 10 oz. When the box arrived at it's new destination, the buyer had someone video tape her as she cut open the box. She then pulled out a vinyl doll. She shipped the vinyl doll back to me, but not in the original box that I shipped my silicone doll in. The bottom of the box was cut and the threaded tape was removed and placed back. She used a shipping bag from the post office, package along with vinyl doll weighed a total of 1.718lbs. PayPal sided with her and now I'm out my silicone doll and out $7500.00n If you see her surface
in the future please let me know. The picture of the smaller baby is what I sent out to her, the picture of the vinyl child doll is what she "unboxed."

UPDATE: The Reborn SCAMMERS facebook page has approved my post about this concerning the video. See the video here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/115683494 ... 5246303853
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Muffin8 on Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Becca

Re: Vinyl Doll Scam

Post by Becca »

That is just awful. I've never heard of this before. I'm so sorry- how terrible!!! That is wrong on so many levels. I can't imagine how upset you must be. I wish there was something I could do. Some people make me sick :trout:
:foryou:
Becca

Post by Becca »

I think you should reveal the name of this lady so that she is not able to scam anyone else who sees this thread.
:foryou:
erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

That's probably the worst doll scam I've ever heard of. I'd never be able to trust anyone again, I'm afraid. I'm so sorry this happened to you and it sure seems like someone would be able to help but I sure don't know who that'd be.

I too think you should put the name out of the person who did this to you. No one else should have this happen to them.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
emmasreborns

Post by emmasreborns »

Oh my gosh ive never heard of such a thing! I'm so sorry to hear about this. Please please let me know the name of this woman so we can stop her doing it agaun and perhaps have something even done about it :(❤ id also reccommend getting law involved, even as an overseas case, this is so not okay :/
emmasreborns

Post by emmasreborns »

You should post this in all the scammer groups on facebook, and all over facebook as well if you have one
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

That is just terrible........you need to name that person if she is on Doll-fan..................so sorry that this happened to you..........Hugs, Kathy
Annette

Post by Annette »

I'm so sorry you've been scammed. First thing I would do, is report it to the authorities. It's fraud! And then, as has been mentioned, paste it all over Facebook! Ebay is absolutely useless! Did you show them proof of shipping and the weight when you sent the box? How can they side with her, when your receipt shows a different story??!!
Keep on phoning Ebay.....don't give up trying to get your doll or the money back.
Will keep an eye out for it.
Hugs Annette
kd

Post by kd »

Tell us the name of the person who sent you a vinyl doll, please.
tracey427

Post by tracey427 »

Please share a picture of your silicone so we be on the look out for her.
Owner - Oma's Attic - Boutique Clothes At Oma's Prices
MarthasBabies

Post by MarthasBabies »

I was so sad to hear of your loss, not only the money but the beautiful doll as well. When I read your story I was immediately intrigued with the thought of the lady receiving the doll. How do you know that when she videoed the box opening that it was the first box opening. She could have very easily had her secret box opening and exchanged the dolls and then taped the box back up and started recording her fake box opening. I have lost a baby through the postal service before but they did not know enough about the quality of the doll to pull a switch. To them a doll is a doll. She had a vinyl doll ready to do the switch and you thought it was the official box opening. I guess there is no way to know, but just because she videoed the box opening does not mean that she didn't previously steal your beautiful baby. Hope this gives you something to think about. So sorry, Martha
Doll-Lee

Post by Doll-Lee »

Please can you pm me her details so I can make sure I don't sell to her in the future. I so feel for you. We must now shut off her avenues of continuing to do this and the only way to do that is by you telling us who she is I'm afraid. I would definitely get in touch with your local police department and ask them how you put in a complaint about her. Surely this is counted as fraud!!!
Love,
Lee
My beautiful Daisy xx

My eBay store.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/DOLLee-Collect ... 7675.l2563
DMKreiser

Post by DMKreiser »

That is just awful! I dont know how people live with themselves!!
Inspired_Rebecca

Post by Inspired_Rebecca »

Stories like this are why I'm leary to sell to anyone other than Dollfan members. There are way too many scammers out there. I hope everything works out in your favor and you get your doll back.
Rebecca
MissyDoll

Post by MissyDoll »

That is the worst case I have ever heard of. Makes me very distrusting of who I deal with too and it just seems to be getting worse. I agree this person needs to be exposed so others can make informed decisions before dealing with them.
I also think the police should be involved, this is pure theft and mail fraud. I am sorry paypal sided with her. I really hope there is something you can do to get your money back as that is a lot to lose. In the meantime I think people should be on the look out for this doll being sold anywhere. What is this world coming to. This makes me so sad.
chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

Is paypal THAT stupid????
What about the difference in weight???
I think you should name her~~this is why I am getting out of doing reborns....
I thankfully have dealt with only lovely people over the past 8 years but the scum seems to be accumulating and I'm sure it's a matter of time before I encounter a scammer.....Just not worth it at this point.
Mikki

Post by Mikki »

Oh dear so sorry you got burned so badly. Paypal sided with her...??? I'd call every authority under the sun..keep fighting and yes share her information...disgusting...so much $
Realborn Jaxon

Mikki W
Tracy_Dew

Post by Tracy_Dew »

OMGosh! I am so sorry this has happened to you. I can't believe the lengths that scammers are going to these days. And the fact that PayPal has sided with her is horrible. I agree with the others. She needs to be named so no one else gets stuck by her.
Frenchsmurfett

Post by Frenchsmurfett »

First PayPal then Facebook now here....
All I have to say is people use your brain!
As a collector who shows my dolls off, it would be insane for me to not only ruin my reputation but spend $7500 on a Romie Baby I couldn't show/take out/trade or sell...
I am also out of pocket for the shipping cost back to her...
This is SLANDER and I will take action.
I tried everything to get her to help me resolve it and tried for 10 days to get her to help. I contacted customs/post office depot/insurance but she kept telling me " your problem"...file your claims so eventually I had to...
She was paying for shipping so like I said, if it was my plan to do this, I would have insisted on her getting insurance since I wasn't paying for it!
She Even said she's was going to refuse to sign for the return! Didn't have the COA and forgot some items...
How Would any of you feel if you bought $7500 Romie Baby and found nothing but a note, tons of bubble wrap and a cheap vinyl doll?
Good job I did a quick video with my phone which I was so excited I wasn't going to do at first!
The group even blocked me on the scammers group so I cannot even defend myself...
That shall not judge...