Vinyl Doll Scam

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Tinabloomfield

Re: Vinyl Doll Scam

Post by Tinabloomfield »

BUMP!!! Ive been following this to see if things have changed! Has there been any reprecussions?
MariaJose and Zu

Post by MariaJose and Zu »

WOW !!! What a disgusting scam !! I did not know anything about this, thanks for bunp the post.

Everyone who has silicone dolls will notice in a second and without any doubt that a box does not contain a silicone doll. Much more a full body. For me this is more than enough.

Zu, forever in my heart :heart:
pastyjen

Post by pastyjen »

WOWWWWW

I have no words. Bumping this to keep it on people's radar.

In case anyone is curious, here's smurfette's latest DF stuff. I learned over the past year while spending too much time on twitter to screen shot *everything* so that you have proof. Or as the young 'uns call it, reciepts. :lol:

Seriously though, this is just highly unpleasant all around. Kudos to everyone who was here during the thick of it. On that note I'm going to grab one of my dolls and put on some cat videos or something. I need some brain bleach.
Screenshot_2017-02-04-06-45-55.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I am certain that after the dust of centuries has passed over our cities, we, too, will be remembered not for victories or defeats in battle or in politics, but for our contribution to the human spirit." --President John F. Kennedy
MissyDoll

Post by MissyDoll »

bump
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

I am glad this was bumped as I had forgotten about this mess....
Dion

Post by Dion »

Paypal IS that stupid! My son just had the second scam pulled on him. He sold a $1300.00 camera and the person did a chargeback. He had VERY detailed pics and receipts and the post office proof that it was delivered to the person and signed for, but they made my son give the money back after 3 weeks. I will NEVER sell anything on EBay and I am very disappointed in PayPal as they are so unfair. Now the thief has my son's money and the camera.

That is such a sad thing to happen. A magnificent doll and so much money. It makes me sick to think that someone is getting away with everything.

It is possible, however, that it could have been someone from the postal service, too. I recently had a doll stolen...scanned in San Francisco and that's the last time it was seen. I had it insured for a very high value and my post office said that they were pretty sure that the doll was stolen by a postal employee in San Francisco. Putting high value on a package makes it a target. I am not saying that is the case, but it is possible. I got my money back because I did have it insured, but the whole thing was so disappointing.

Whatever happened to the real doll, I am so sorry that such an awful thing happened to you.

Hugs, Dion
rdodd75

Post by rdodd75 »

Does anyone know the outcome of this case? There was a thread about it in a scammer's group that Michelle Manning ran but the group vanished.
MissyDoll

Post by MissyDoll »

:shock:
MissyDoll

Post by MissyDoll »

Annette

Post by Annette »

Saw that on Facebook. I hope they find the thief and the doll and prosecute them!!! In the description on eBay, the seller says they don’t know anything about the doll, but bought it at a house sale!!??!!
Hugs Annette
Susan@childrenoftheheart

Post by Susan@childrenoftheheart »

Looks like the auction has now been canceled. Funny how this seller has 0 feedback!

PS. Edited to add: I truly remember back when I was buying Himstedts (many years ago) that someone received the doll, returned the doll, filed a claim, AND put the exact amount of weight in ROCKS in the box as the doll weighed to prove that it was shipped back to her. Needless to say, the seller was out the money and the doll!
Annette

Post by Annette »

It’s disgusting what people will do just for a DOLL!!
Hugs Annette
noniesgirl - Gina

Post by noniesgirl - Gina »

So "smurfett" changed her name? On FB she goes Dejna Ricou by not Nadège like she claimed in here was her real name. Sorry but changing your name around sort makes people pause and wonder why?
BeachBabiesKim

Post by BeachBabiesKim »

noniesgirl - Gina wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:28 pm So "smurfett" changed her name? On FB she goes Dejna Ricou by not Nadège like she claimed in here was her real name. Sorry but changing your name around sort makes people pause and wonder why?

Yeah, all the really big scammers all use mtiple names. She really blew it didn't she? I dont think anyone answered me on the thread of fb but did anyone talk to the seller on ebay?
noniesgirl - Gina

Post by noniesgirl - Gina »

********** UPDATE ************
Romie posted this a little bit ago:

Someone contacted this ebay seller privately and bought this doll for $3000. When she got the doll, she showed a friend, who told her it was the missing doll Jenevieve. She filed with Paypal for buying stolen goods and won her case and has been refunded and told to keep the doll. The doll can now be returned to the rightful owner, Kathy.
The seller on ebay turned out to be NADEGE RICOU-GOODE, the same person who two years earlier bought this doll from Kathy in the US and said there was a plastic doll in the box. Kathy lost her paypal case and was out of pocked $7500 and no doll. NADEGE RICOU-GOODE, waited 2 years to list her on ebay. So, she has been exposed now. Ladies be careful who you sell to. She is in the UK.
We are all just happy for justice and the doll is back where she should be.
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Thank you for posting this update Gina. I was so sick when I saw this in 2016 and furious that this person is such a thief. I am hoping that Kathy gets the doll back and she pursues getting this thief severely punished. And so does the person she just scammed, hoping for a quick resolution, she gets her money back quickly and pursues legal action against this creep.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
kd

Post by kd »

That Smurf is a THIEF.
rdodd75

Post by rdodd75 »

I wonder if Paypal will also refund Kathy her $7500 now the buyer has been exposed as a scammer with proof?
Annette

Post by Annette »

That is welcome news! I think we were all sick when it happened.
I hope those who were scammed get their money back, and the scammer gets everything that’s coming to her!!!
Hugs Annette
MissyDoll

Post by MissyDoll »

This is good news.
Last edited by MissyDoll on Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.