That moment when...

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Monique_B

That moment when...

Post by Monique_B »

The auction is ticking down...an hour, 50 minutes, 40 minutes...you've been watching this auction for days and have been selling just to bring this baby home. She's all you can think about! You've refreshed the auction every 5 minutes since it began and have pondered the perfect name, well several to be honest...

The time continues to dwindle and things are getting serious...anxiety is building over wether you'll win, to what if my internet goes down, my phone could die, or what if someone calls me right before I hit confirm bid! You've warned all of your friends that you need radio silence 5 minutes before auction end so you're hoping you're prepared enough.

It's almost time. 5 minutes left. Hands are sweaty, heart is beating a mile a minute, you're twitching your foot like a mad woman staring at those red numbers like you can will them to go faster or pause all together. You keep glancing back and forth between bid count, amount and time...bid count, amount and time...

29, 28, 27....you quickly get your top price typed into the bid now screen and wait for just the right time to swoop in there and go in for the dolly kill! 18, 17, 16....NOW! There's some slight panic when the phone sits and thinks for a few seconds. There's a moment when you think, "this is it, my nightmare has come true and my internet is feezing up!".

5, 4, 3, 2...eyes open wide, heart stops and you hold your breath...IT'S A WIN!!!! The doll you've thought about at every waking moment is finally yours! You've had it so bad that even getting up to use the restroom in the middle of the night you refresh the auction just to check that things are the same and to do a quick swipe through pictures. And now you can finally breathe! In and out...heart slows to normal and you share the news with dolly friends.

You live in a blissful day or two of the afterglow from the win until......

Tracking has been updated and now the cycle repeats but with the post office website! Refresh, refresh, REFRESH!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope you ladies enjoyed my little story :lol: This has been me the last few days! Driving my poor family nuts by talking about this constantly, but the apple of my dolly eye will be coming home soon!!!!

If anyone else has a special someone coming home I would love to hear your story or who you're expecting! Mine will be a secret until she arrives :heart:
georgeanne

Re: That moment when...

Post by georgeanne »

I love your story, I know so many can relate. Congratulations, and now the wait. I am excited for you and look forward to loads of pictures.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Thia

Post by Thia »

That has definitely been me a couple times!
Nicely written story...it brought me right back to that stressful feeling you get at the end of an auction! :lol:
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

My heart was pounding & I got anxious just reading your story! :lol: Can't wait to see who you're adding to your beautiful collection.
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

I think you have captured perfectly how any of us feel when we spot the perfect baby! I enjoyed it and actually felt the anxiety building!
Annette

Post by Annette »

Oh yes! Perfect description. :lol:
I think the majority of us can totally relate to your story. :) The anticipation is half the fun. :)
Congrat's on winning the auction. Can't wait to see who it is. :)
Hugs Annette
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

I can so relate. Can't wait to see the new arrival.
Hugs,
Nadia

ShannonZaNightOwl

Post by ShannonZaNightOwl »

I am totally doing that right now!!! I can't think of anything else.

Shannon Hardin
Night Owl Nursery
Monique_B

Post by Monique_B »

avrilm wrote:
I am not expecting anyone home right now but I just welcomed my new Saskia home and that auction was exciting right to end..
I watched her price climb and thought she was going to over my budget as there were a total of 16 bids for her so far..
I only press the button to bid when it reaches 10 seconds to go..then close my eyes..
I count to 10 and then check to see if I am the winner...I won her by just £3...phew!!

Hugs
Avrilm

Oh my goodness that's a really close call! I used to wait until the very last second, but now I'm always terrified that my internet will mess up so I leave myself a tiny sliver of time to try again. So much adrenaline in those last few seconds you can barely think straight! You just know you have to GO! :lol:
Monique_B

Post by Monique_B »

I'm definitely excited to share my new bundle with you ladies! Last night I looked at her auction pictures before I went to bed and I just kept falling in love with her over and over. She's just perfection! (In my eyes).

With her auction I was going crazy the whole time mostly in part to wanting her so badly, but also because of...THE BIDDER. Oh man this woman drove me to the edge of insanity a few times! :lol:

She was the first bidder, then bid again to a higher amount. Someone came along and bid which they were automatically booted by lady 1's bid. Then she would come along hours later and bid twice. Then she would bid two more times the next day even though no one had outbid her. This was a constant cycle through the whole short auction. I'm total this woman bid 12 times (not the automatic eBay bids for her) and there were a total of 4 bidders in the end.

I had convinced myself this person was going to battle me at the end and I could possibly lose this baby to her. I invisioned myself suiting up for war because it sir sure was going to be THAT intense. But at auction end she was no where to be found, no other bidders lept in at the last second and it was a fairly easy win. Which makes it nice that my bank account wasn't hit as hard as it could have been!
erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

GOOD LORD, YOU HAD ME A NERVOUS WRECK TOO!! Lol. I kept expecting that awful news that you lost. Thank Goodness that was not the case. Congratulations on winning your sweetie. Now I can hardly wait to see who it is. When will this box arrive? I'm sure you'll be watching the tracking now. Hehehe. Does he/she have far to travel?

Your siggy baby is gorgeous too.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
Monique_B

Post by Monique_B »

Mommy is READY! :lol:

I haven't gotten any tracking info yet but I'm sure I'll get it soon. I believe she's going to be shipped priority and is coming from Florida so not too long. She should be in my arms mid to late this week! Poor post lady won't know what hit her! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kelliegirl

Post by Kelliegirl »

Oh my gosh, this is exactly how it is!!! :lol:

I think everyone here has been through exactly what you just described!! Congratulations on winning your new baby!! :toast: I can't wait to see who is on her way home to you!! :elephant: :headspin:
Hugs, Kellie :D

~*Precious Baby Girl*~
JanelleMarie

Post by JanelleMarie »

Congratulations!
So excited for you, yes we can all relate!!!!
Please be sure to post pics!!!!
Can't wait, so happy for you!!!
MonikaS

Post by MonikaS »

That is exactly it! I cannot take much more of that, so I do buy it now.
MonikaS
Monique_B

Post by Monique_B »

Previously with other items I used to bid and loved the thrill wether I won or lost, but now with Reborns, I get too attached and WANT too badly to bid so I filter my results to buy it now only. But this time I was only browsing to pass time and see what was listed these days in the higher price range. I wasn't in the market for a new baby at all. Saw her and knew instantly that I couldn't let her go and that I better start thinking of who needed to go on the chopping block! :lol:
sallybabyofmine

Post by sallybabyofmine »

Great story Monique! I agree with Erin, I was on the edge of my seat and holding my breath as I read your story, almost certain you were going to say you lost the auction. Thank goodness you didn't, especially after selling so many of your gorgeous babies. I can't wait to see your new little bundle. Love the outfits you have for her. Will be biting my nails while waiting for her photos!!!! Congratulations........
Monique_B

Post by Monique_B »

I finally got tracking info today and she's already due to arrive tomorrow!!! Now the next problem, she's signature confirmation but I'll be at work! And the post lady usually doesn't get back to the post office to drop off her undelivered packages until after closing. I'm going to have to see if I can run home for a lunch and track her down through the neighborhood!
carold

Post by carold »

Oh My, I got so excited reading!!! Been there a few times myself. You done good!!! Now I can't wait to see your baby!!!