Is Facebook a safe place to buy or sell dolls?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Jonilyn

Is Facebook a safe place to buy or sell dolls?

Post by Jonilyn »

I belong to several Facebook silicone & reborn groups where members post dolls for sale. In the last 2 years I purchased a silicone, and a reborn from people I knew only from the groups. Somehow, I get the feeling now that it's not as safe, as it was, and I was wondering. What are your experiences, good and bad? Would you buy or sell on Facebook with someone you don't know? :baby1:
ttulsajess

Re: Is Facebook a safe place to buy or sell dolls?

Post by ttulsajess »

I sell on there all the time. So far I haven't gotten burned and I've made a lot of close dolly friends through facebook. :0)
love4reborns

Post by love4reborns »

I've never had an issue.

I've bought and sold. I don't think it's any different from buying here.

Be smart: never pay f&f, watch people's activity. There are people I won't buy from because they just seem shady (always have an issue or whatever). I won't buy or sell to them.
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

But don't potential buyers find it difficult weeding through all the comments and having to search for a price? I do.
ttulsajess

Post by ttulsajess »

marilyn wrote:But don't potential buyers find it difficult weeding through all the comments and having to search for a price? I do.
I always put my price in the post of the item I'm selling. It's never in the replies. Sometimes you have to click on the picture to see it if the post has multiple things for sale.
Barbara L.

Post by Barbara L. »

What groups would you recommend on Facebook to join?
I haven't had any luck selling the dolls I currently have for sale on here or Ebay.

Thanks!
Dolls for Sale: https://www.reborns.com/VinStyleandMore and Vintage baby clothes & shoes for sale: https://vinstyleandmore.etsy.com
lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra

Post by lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra »

I only sell on Facebook well now I am trying this instagram thing as well lol. But 99% of my sales are on FB and I am booked solid until April/May 2017 Just like buying anywhere else ebay, etsy, doll forums check out the person you are buying from , do you research, get good photos and use paypal
Delbra

Post by Delbra »

I have just had my first bad experience buying a doll on ebay. From now on I will only purchase my dolls on Facebook. I have purchased both ways but I think you have better communication on facebook.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dolly Hugs,
Delbra
Ana Garcia

Post by Ana Garcia »

I always do it and i never have problems.
Desma

Post by Desma »

Facebook is a reliable place to buy and sell. I sold. I did finally leave Facebook, I just didn't like the agenda of how they are using Facebook and other social media to put people on lists for future reference. It is not a safe place to share and open your mind but it is a safe place to sell reborn dolls.
EmilyJ

Post by EmilyJ »

Where are you all finding nice reborns to buy on Facebook? I'm in a couple groups, but most of the dolls I've seen seem poorly made.
:heart: Lilliana reborn by Daria Makarenkova :heart:
Lilliana doll kits are available to purchase now!

http://www.babiesbyemily.com/
http://www.facebook.com/babiesbyemily
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

I don't do Facebook but I only buy from Dollfan ....................I have met wonderful ladies here..............Hugs, Kathy
williamsmichelle

Post by williamsmichelle »

I would say a big no , ive only this week lost a silicone baby to a scammer on there .