Baby FX Tutorials

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
terriesdoll

Baby FX Tutorials

Post by terriesdoll »

I just received the baby fx paints in the mail and I cannot find a tutorial anywhere online for free or purchase. Maybe it is a secret but please fill me in lol
georgeanne

Re: Baby FX Tutorials

Post by georgeanne »

I got an instruction sheet with my set. Did you not receive any?
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
terriesdoll

Post by terriesdoll »

I didn't order the starter set. I ordered the individual bottles so I could pick my own colors and then I ordered each 1 of the mediums. I guess that is why I didn't
terriesdoll

Post by terriesdoll »

I may go back and order the starter set to just for the directions.
Annette

Post by Annette »

Isn't there a tutorial on the website for the paints? Or am I thinking of a different site?
Hugs Annette
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

terriesdoll wrote:I may go back and order the starter set to just for the directions.
I initially ordered the starter set, but I love them so much I have bought a lot of the individual paints as well.

Melissa does have a guide on her Facebook page.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
terriesdoll

Post by terriesdoll »

I just found an awesome tutorial. I couldn't access the ines on Melissa's page though.
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

terriesdoll wrote:I just found an awesome tutorial. I couldn't access the ines on Melissa's page though.
Where did you find it? If you don't mind me asking. The only one I found was on the BB forum and she shows it sped up and for some reason on my tablet, I can't get it to slow down. My laptop is on the fritz again so my tablet is all I have at the moment.

terriesdoll

Post by terriesdoll »

I found it here. She charges for it but it was better than me ordering a starter set just to get it and with this I have pictures and all. I received the e book within a few minutes. It has genesis instructions first then baby fx. I know all about how to use genesis but the baby fx was very thorough.

http://sweetiepienursery.storenvy.com/c ... conversion
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

How funny. I just took a class that April gave on the R.E.A.L forum which I joined a year or so ago. But I just started using the Baby FX paints. I used air dry for years and then switched to Genesis which I loved, but switched after a health issue that concerned me. I love the FX paints and am glad I use them now.

terriesdoll

Post by terriesdoll »

I remember when I used to dye the dolls, then went to painting acrylic paints on the inside and oil pants on the outside. It took forever to cure before you could root. The Genesis came out and I loved them and used them for nearly 10 years. I took off for the last year and a half and just come back and started painting again. My paints were old and since I needed new anyway, I ordered the Miracle Blend paints. All my babies were turning out shiny and/or sticky. Someone recommended me to use the Baby FX sealer and shine remover so I ordered it and now my dolls aren't sticky nor shiny. I didn't have to strip my dolls and they are now sellable lol. I loved the sealer so much that I ordered a few colors and am going back to order more.