Can this topic become a sticky?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Dauphine

Can this topic become a sticky?

Post by Dauphine »

A message from The Netherlands. My name is Hans and the name of my doll is Dauphine. I like to introduce her to you, not for the first time but I have to set some things right.
Dauphine is made by Irina E. in a project that she calls the Milana mold. When the project started, I happened to hear about it and became enthusiastic immediately. The first doll was set for sale on ebay. I placed bids to support the project, but I thought of saving for the doll first and didn't go beyond my budget, so it was a surprise to me that I won the auction. Now I'm the lucky owner of #1. In the meantime, #2 has been sold to Belgium. The doll passport mentions a number of 15 in the project.

When I introduced this doll for the first time here, there was some misunderstanding about the mold. Some people assumed that the Milana head is a copy of the Gabriella head by Reva Schick. It seemed unlikely to me, for Irina didn't have to copy somebody else's work; she designed a head for the Anatomical Doll brand (which I know for years, for that led me to the Milana project). But I wasn't able to check the accusations. It became clear to me when I had e-mail contact with the owner of Milana #2, who owns a Gabriella head too, and told me that the Milana head is no copy. When I asked Irina herself, she answered that she owns a Reva Schick kit, bought for her daughter, but didn't like the vinyl, and replaced it by a remake in silicone. But that was before the Milana project started, the Milana head is her own design, and there wasn't even an Gabriella head in the kit that she bought; it was a different head. So the accusations were made out of hearsay, passed on out of laziness.

The Milana dolls are full-silicone toddler girls; I would tell the age 4 years. They aren't scaled down; a doll is 102 cm (40") tall if it stands. Standing is only possible with the doll stand that comes with the doll. The doll has a moveable skeleton, which could have made standing possible, but the skeleton doesn't run to the soles of the feet, which would make them ugly. The soles are silicone, which will be damaged if the doll is put on the feet. I feel that the right choice has been made.
A full-silicone toddler doll is rare but not unique; a Chinese manufacturer made one for a short time, but with an inferior skeleton. The Milana doll is made unique by the care for details that Irina spent on it. She made the doll like a reborn baby, anatomically correct (but not overdone), with veins here and there and implanted hair.

Pictures now.

I bought a stroller for her. Dauphine has almost but not yet grown out of it; the sun cap still works. Only the foot beam has been made for a smaller child; she needs a pillow under her calves. I made a pillow out of the winter bag that came with the stroller.

Image Image

And two details. The pin is created to hang the doll on the stand. It is screwed into the skeleton and can be screwed out, but in the stroller I leave it there. She actually hangs like she hangs on the stand, so I can leave her in the stroller for a longer time without stressing the soft silicone she is sitting on.
The last picture shows the veins, I hope.

Those who want to take a baby in their arms, must know that this doll doesn't want that. Most living toddlers still have fun being carried like that, and Dauphine is lighter (11 kg), but her head is attached with a magnet. The magnet snap is very convenient when dressing the doll, for you can put a shirt on only with the head taken off. But if I take her in both arms and walk along, her head is tilted backward by gravity, so that the magnet cannot keep it any more. I was aware of it and luckily it never happened that the head fell off. But I don't take the risk anymore. Unfortunately, the same can happen when I take her with me in the stroller on rough footpaths, because tossing of the stroller causes tilting of her head too.
Those who like hairdressing: don't practice with this doll. The hair is implanted; if one breaks, it's lost. Irina doesn't advise combing the hair unnecessarily. That's why I made the braid; actually Irina made already one on my request.
I mentioned clothing. That's funshopping. Normal children's clothes: affordable, cute, and a great choice. Dauphine's shoulders fit European size 110 or 104-110 but not smaller. Her hips fit size 98 or 98-104 but not larger. Her shoes have size 26 but she has typical children's feet; a lot of shoes are too long and too narrow. With care, her silicone feet can be put in those narrow shoes.

See you later,
Hans
Last edited by Dauphine on Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
LollipopCradle_Paula

Re: Hello everyone

Post by LollipopCradle_Paula »

She is very pretty.
debi reborn classics

Post by debi reborn classics »

VERY pretty!
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

She is so pretty and looks so realistic...............Hugs, Kathy
Dauphine

Post by Dauphine »

When I introduced her, it was July and I dressed her for summer. Here she is in my car and in the outfit in which she can play with the autumn leaves.

And two pictures with the doll on the stand. Buying clothes is fun, but I'll have to learn yet. I bought a dress of felt to make her look somewhat smarter in the autumn days, but the short zipper in the neck together with the long sleeves made it diffucult to put it on. I heard some cracking noises, but they came only from the dress. The size is really 110, but the look isn't what I expected. She prefers the trousers.

Image Image
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

She is such a pretty girl.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Dion

Post by Dion »

:D She is beautiful, Hans! :foryou: Hugs, Dion
tixiepixi_linda

Post by tixiepixi_linda »

:heart: :heart: :heart:
x Hugs x
Linda

Madison by Andrea Arcello
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

She is really beautiful................Hugs, Kathy
Dauphine

Re: The war against plagiary

Post by Dauphine »

This picture has been made by Irina herself. It isn't my doll but Milana #2 before shipping. I also have pictures made by her owner after arrival, but I consider those private.

And now the reason why I changed the title of this thread.
When I created this account (Dauphine), I wasn't aware of the war that was going on here, the war against illegal copying of artist's doll creations. I was surprised by it when the creator of my doll was accused of selling a copy in the very first thread that I started. I'm no expert, so I wasn't able to check those accusations, but I assumed that they were made by people who are.
Well, it turned out that neither Mariemay nor Court_LLRN checked facts before publishing their accusations, for they were wrong, as I explained in the first post of this thread. Still not aware, I wondered why they didn't check. Once aware, I found the answer: truth doesn't matter in a war.
This thread, in which I explained what happened, is a month old. One could wonder why both Mariemay and Court_LLRN failed to remove their accusations or add a correction of their mistakes. Once aware, I found the answer: it's not done to admit that a battle in the war was lost.
I consider Irina E. a civil victim of this war. She didn't challenge or ask to be involved, and cannot defend herself because her English isn't good enough. The ease with which she was made a victim, made me decide to involve myself. There wasn't more left to be done in this area. Maybe somewhere else, if I ever meet the same accusations again.
Last edited by Dauphine on Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
jubileejulie

Post by jubileejulie »

Well Dauphine, you saying something does not automatically make it true.
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

You are so determined to drive this into the ground.

Re: Illegal copied doll?
Sent: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:28 am
Recipient: Court_LLRN

Hello Court_LLRN,

It's almost four months ago that I introduced my doll on the site, and got your comment stating that the doll is a copy. In those months I found out that the accusation is wrong. Since those accusations have their impact on the value of my doll, I asked a lawyer if I could take a legal action against them. He answered that a legal action is only possible if I can prove that wrong accusations are made on purpose.
I cannot prove that until it's sure that the accusations are wrong. So I started a new thread, to introduce my doll again, and I kindly ask you to repeat your accusations in the new thread. In that case, I can prove that a wrong accusation is made on purpose, and I can take a legal action. Not against you, don't worry, for it's the site owner who is responsible for publishing what you write in public. So, will you, please...?
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

You also had plenty of facts presented to you already. Why would we continue when you'd just stick your fingers in your ears and sing "lalala"?
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Court_LLRN wrote:You are so determined to drive this into the ground.

Hello Court_LLRN,

It's almost four months ago that I introduced my doll on the site, and got your comment stating that the doll is a copy. In those months I found out that the accusation is wrong. Since those accusations have their impact on the value of my doll, I asked a lawyer if I could take a legal action against them. He answered that a legal action is only possible if I can prove that wrong accusations are made on purpose.
I cannot prove that until it's sure that the accusations are wrong. So I started a new thread, to introduce my doll again, and I kindly ask you to repeat your accusations in the new thread. In that case, I can prove that a wrong accusation is made on purpose, and I can take a legal action. Not against you, don't worry, for it's the site owner who is responsible for publishing what you write in public. So, will you, please...?
:shock: So....they are sending you a pm asking you to post accusations so they can sue Steve?!?! Wow!
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

Oh my gosh.
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

Tracy Lorraine wrote:
Court_LLRN wrote:You are so determined to drive this into the ground.

Hello Court_LLRN,

:shock: So....they are sending you a pm asking you to post accusations so they can sue Steve?!?! Wow!

Yup... it was the weirdest PM I've ever received. Tho I think, in the end, she really wanted to sue me. She was probably just telling me that so I would post openly and she could try to make a case against me. :dunno: Who knows...
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Thanks for posting that pm publicly! Looks like an artist to avoid imo.
chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

Doesn't Steve have a statement on here somewhere that he is NOT responsible for any comments ?

Troublemakers like this just need to go away
So tired of drama and the people that seek it
That pm really takes the cake--asking for a repost so legal action can be taken ... lmao. Go. Away.
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

chelle77 wrote:Doesn't Steve have a statement on here somewhere that he is NOT responsible for any comments ?

Troublemakers like this just need to go away
So tired of drama and the people that seek it
That pm really takes the cake--asking for a repost so legal action can be taken ... lmao. Go. Away.
:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

https://www.eff.org/issues/cda230 is a good read for understanding how entities such as YouTube or Facebook can exist without being held liable for what people post on these sites....DollFan is very much part under the same protections. It's been awhile but every so often some user gets upset over something or other and tells me their lawyer is going to get in touch with me...has never happened. I typically just assume the user is full of it but it really doesn't matter. Something that I also haven't heard in awhile but have had put to me multiple times in the past is that if I moderate a forum I am held liable for the content. Under the same protection that is a also false and here's a good layman's article on why, too. https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20140 ... this.shtml

I have kicked off a few users in the past who just got annoying with their legal threats against myself or others and while I reserve judgement on this case some of these individuals who choose to communicate with others this way are just more trouble than what they are worth.

Steve
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret