Paying it forward...contest..we have a winner!!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
LindaBforbabies

Paying it forward...contest..we have a winner!!

Post by LindaBforbabies »

The lucky lady is TiffanyBW.... #10. Congratulations!!!

Ladies, please share on here with a random act of kindness you have done for a complete stranger in the last little while...
I will mail out a brand new outfit...might be nwot ... I will give you a few days before randomly drawing a winner.... can you please add a number to your post... hugs :D

Hi ladies, here is the gift for your stories about random acts of kindness.

Thanks so much for sharing... this gift consists of a dress and bonnet made in Spain.
Next soft leather baby shoes... honey bug magnetic paci. Lambs and Ivy baby blanket.

Contest closes Friday evening at 7:00 pm.

Lots of time left ladies...

Last edited by LindaBforbabies on Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
tovisbabies

Re: Paying it forward...contest (easy).

Post by tovisbabies »

I was going to offer to re-stuff the baby, but Georgeanne beat me to it!

I donated a reborn with a basket and layette for a raffle to benefit foster children in the area. Does that count? I have no idea who won the baby, but I sure hope they enjoy her!
LindaBforbabies

Yes, of course that counts...you are #1. ... nice of you too!
cmartin_1975

Post by cmartin_1975 »

What a nice thing to do.. :-)

I was in line ordering coffee at Starbucks and saw a Police Officer a few cars back so I bought his order too.... coffee and spinach wrap.. :-)
So thankful for our Police officers!!!

I think #2...
ABabyC

Post by ABabyC »

This is such a nice initiative Linda! And I'm very happy for Usha, who now have someone to reweight her baby :D

I would love a new outfit for one of my babies, but that's not really the reason why I'm posting, I think the pay it forward movement is an incredible thing, and I love to do something kind for a stranger, it usually really surprises them :)

Anyway I made soup for a homeless guy a couple of days ago. It's beginning to get chilly here in scandinavia and I'm seeing him once in a while draped in blankets when I'm going to work, so I thought a nice big bowl of nutritious soup would be a great thing to have in the cold weather. The look of gratitude on his face said everything! :D

LindaBforbabies

cmartin_1975 wrote:What a nice thing to do.. :-)

I was in line ordering coffee at Starbucks and saw a Police Officer a few cars back so I bought his order too.... coffee and spinach wrap.. :-)
So thankful for our Police officers!!!

I think #2...
You are awesome to do that for a Policeman.... I am sure you made his day! :D
LindaBforbabies

ABabyC wrote:This is such a nice initiative Linda! And I'm very happy for Usha, who now have someone to reweight her baby :D

I would love a new outfit for one of my babies, but that's not really the reason why I'm posting, I think the pay it forward movement is an incredible thing, and I love to do something kind for a stranger, it usually really surprises them :)

Anyway I made soup for a homeless guy a couple of days ago. It's beginning to get chilly here in scandinavia and I'm seeing him once in a while draped in blankets when I'm going to work, so I thought a nice big bowl of nutritious soup would be a great thing to have in the cold weather. The look of gratitude on his face said everything! :D

How kind of you sweetie... your story brought tears to my eyes...

The cold weather is here...and Christmas is around the corner...maybe this will spark others to do random acts of kindness...

I am enjoying your stories... pls. keep them coming. :D
smthlisa2001

Post by smthlisa2001 »

I don't need anything but I will post. I've paid for the car behind me at Mcdonalds. I use to get mail for a very old elderly man 3 streets from my house. Most of all I'm proud of my son, he talked to a homeless man and gave him a few dollars. He talked to him about Jesus. Mostly I am so proud a kid no one would talk to or sit with sat by himself at lunch, my son sad mom I'm going to sit with him tommorow. He did now all of Ross's friends and Ross sit with him. He is almost 18 years old. Just so proud and I had to share cause I'm so proud!
ROLL TIDE!
LindaBforbabies

smthlisa2001 wrote:I don't need anything but I will post. I've paid for the car behind me at Mcdonalds. I use to get mail for a very old elderly man 3 streets from my house. Most of all I'm proud of my son, he talked to a homeless man and gave him a few dollars. He talked to him about Jesus. Mostly I am so proud a kid no one would talk to or sit with sat by himself at lunch, my son sad mom I'm going to sit with him tommorow. He did now all of Ross's friends and Ross sit with him. He is almost 18 years old. Just so proud and I had to share cause I'm so proud!
Great story Lisa...you should be very proud...you raised a very fine young man... God bless!
smthlisa2001

Post by smthlisa2001 »

Thank you Linda!!! I love people helping one another!!
ROLL TIDE!
Teacupsnthyme

Post by Teacupsnthyme »

Hi ladies :heart:
I mailed out 2 reborns, one to a little girl with cancer, praise God she is in remission. One to an adopted little girl. Thank you much.
LindaBforbabies

Teacupsnthyme wrote:Hi ladies :heart:
I mailed out 2 reborns, one to a little girl with cancer, praise God she is in remission. One to an adopted little girl. Thank you much.

Wonderful! So many kind hearted ladies on here... thanks for sharing your stories..

Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Hmmm, I've donated reborns to Alzheimer's patients, and sent two dolls to DF sisters. Also have donated to homeless people who seemed to be quite hopeless, very elderly or disabled. More importantly, I've received so very much from my friends here, from two dear babies to miscellaneous reborning supplies I needed and so much more. Just the friendship and support I get here is priceless.
Annette

Post by Annette »

This is a wonderful thread. Thankyou, Linda, for starting it. :)

There was a lady in front of me at a gift store, trying to pay for her items, but she didn't have enough money, and was putting things back, so I paid the difference. She was so happy, because all the items she was getting were for a group of children up north, who don't get much for Christmas. She said she did this every year. She was doing her own Pay it Forward. :) So I was really glad to help.

#6 ?
Hugs Annette
CandySweet

Post by CandySweet »

Just for fun!

I have a soft heart when it comes to giving, one occasion a lady was walking on the sidewalk pushing a stroller with a baby on the bottom basket and a toddler on the seat, I had to turn around and stop. I have her my kids stroller where the baby sits in the front and toddler facing Mom, that lady cried and I felt so good for her :P :D :heart:

At the light there's always homeless people asking for money but this time there was a veteran with no legs, no jacket in a wheelchair in this cold :( all i had was $20 and i really could not come back to that light so i fold the money and have it to him, I saw him opening the money and waving at me with a huge smile in on his face. He made my day 100 times better!

God is good!

#6 1/2
Last edited by CandySweet on Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Candy Sweet Nursery is here to help you with your reborn and or silicone needs.
:D
tracey427

Post by tracey427 »

The other night it was chilly and we stopped at Starbuck's for coffee. This young man in uniform (Army) walked in right before me. I bought his coffee. He was so tickled and kept no ma'am you don't have to do that no no, I appreciate it but no. I did it anyways. Then I spent about 10 minutes talking to him. He is the first one in his family to be in the military. He is also first generation American. His parents are from Asia. He said he was so embarrassed as when he was in boot camp (he had just finished bootcamp when I met him) his mom called to check on him. She doesn't quite grasp the concept that he wasn't allowed to call home. I told hi m to be easy on her, she's your mom and she will always care about you. He is only 19 and although I felt his pride, I also felt his mother's fear, just a child...

thank you for your kindness in doing this Linda.
Owner - Oma's Attic - Boutique Clothes At Oma's Prices
tiffanybw

Post by tiffanybw »

LindaBforbabies wrote:Ladies, please share on here with a random act of kindness you have done for a complete stranger in the last little while...
I will mail out a brand new outfit...might be nwot ... I will give you a few days before randomly drawing a winner.... can you please add a number to your post... hugs :D
How sweet of you to do this! :foryou:

Here's mine:

Me and my friend Shawn (a woman not a man lol), we were out on Saturday afternoon, it has now been 3 weekends ago. We were driving through the parking lot and Shawn saw a lady who looked to be in trouble, she was behind her car kneeling on the ground, face all red and contorted, and we just didn't know what was going on, thought maybe she was having a heart attack or who knows what.

I jumped from the car while Shawn found a place to park, ran to the lady who was making this pitiful sound, like screaming but not, I don't know, and I asked her what's wrong, what's wrong and was she having a medical emergency and what could we do to help her. She was crying so much and it was hard to understand her but we sat there on the ground and talked for a while, she told me she was ok but that she had pulled over into this parking lot because she just got a call from her husband and her son John who is 22 and in college in Charlottesville, VA (we were in Frederick, MD); that he had been in a car accident and was in an induced coma and on life support and that was all her husband knew.

By this time Shawn was there too, and we all three were sitting on the ground by her car and she told us she had her 5 year old in the car and had been taking her to the pediatrician because her daughter was sick. Mainly she was shaking, crying, very upset as anyone would be and I can't even imagine. :cry: She told me and Shawn that it was ok, she would be ok, and that we should go because she was a stranger and we didn't even know her. I told her no way we were leaving her and her daughter like this, and that stranger or no we are all God's children and brothers and sisters in Christ. She started crying again and said she didn't know what to do. So we sat there for a few moments and I said how about we pray, can I pray for your son; and she said yes. And so the 3 of us sat on the ground and me and Shawn both had our arms around this woman, and I just started praying out loud. Don't even know all I said and it was heart wrenching and all 3 of us were crying because the lady was interjecting in prayer and kept saying things like please Jesus, don't take my son and then, if you take my son please take good care of him and then just crying and it was just so horrible and the entire situation has really had an impact on me ever since and I can't stop thinking about what happened to her son.

The lady, her name is Amber, we stayed there for the longest time, her daughter too, just praying. Lots of people drove by but no one stopped or anything even though I know we all must have looked like quite a spectacle. Amber said she was ok to go but didn't know what to do or where she will go and I think she obviously just wasn't thinking straight. So she called her husband back and I talked to him and we made arrangements to drive rest of way to pediatrician's office and the husband would drive there. Amber, she insisted she would be ok but me and Shawn were still worried so we drove behind and followed her. Once at the doctor's office and safely inside we left her. I gave her my phone number before I left and told her I would be keeping her son and her family in prayer and she said that she would call me.

She never did. And that is ok and I understand. But I can't stop thinking about it and wondering what happened and how her son is doing. All I know, he was in Charlottesville VA, his name was John, her name was Amber, and she had another son called Grant. Never found out the husband's name or anything else. I wish I could know what happened but regardless, I have been praying everyday for John, and for all of Amber and her family.

Just a huge impact this has had on me and there is so much we forget about and take for granted in life, and we fight with friends and family over pretty stupid things when it all comes down to it. Life is so precious and this has certainly made me remember that and to be thankful for all God has blessed us with.

Each and every little thing, each act of kindness and caring, and just like you giving away this outfit when you don't have to do that... it's things like all of this that get me and I'm sure all of us through the day to day in a world which seems so filled with nastiness, selfishness, dislike and sometimes even hate people have for each other. And reminds me that there is still much GOOD left in this world, and even though seems it's only the bad we always hear about, there is still much good, and many caring and kind people.

My sweet nephew Jeremiah, 1 month old now!
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

We recently discovered that a handicapped man and his wife in our church were no longer able to keep up their yard work. As this was going to be an open ended need....we hired someone to anonymously keep the lawn & landscaping up for them indefinitely. The best part....they have no idea who's taking care of this for them. God gets the glory!

LindaBforbabies

Ladies thanks so much for your stories of love and kindnesses to total strangers... I love to read them..
KEEP THEM COMING!!! I will post a picture in a new post... have a great day!