Paying it forward...contest..we have a winner!!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
cookielover

Re: Paying it forward...contest (easy). Picture added...

Post by cookielover »

Think this post is related: Picture of paying it forward gift.
by LindaBforbabies » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:41 am Confusing to have to similar posts on same topic. Ruth
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

cookielover wrote:Think this post is related: Picture of paying it forward gift.
by LindaBforbabies » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:41 am Confusing to have to similar posts on same topic. Ruth
Yes, it is all related... sorry for any confusion... I will make sure to double check both posts for either names or number...

I will make sure to give every name a number...and will do a random draw...

Some ladies have specified that they do not want to be entered..or have asked me to enter another person in place of them..... I will respect everyone's wishes..

So anyone who has responded and wants a chance to win this outfit...

Your name will be entered.... :D :D :D
LindaBforbabies

Okay, these are the names and numbers I have so far....
If I have missed anyone.... Please respond below...and I will add your name...

1. Tovis
2. CMartin
3. ABABYC
4. Smthlisa
5. Teacupsnthyme
6. Brooke
7. Annette
8. CAndy Sweet
9. TRacey427
10. TiffanyBW
11. Tracy Lorraine
12. Melinda
13. Jonilyn
14. Usha grace
15. Suzanne
16. Monica S.
17. DMKreiser
18. Margaretsbabies
19. Barbara L.
20. Marilyn
21. LindaLittleBlessings
22. NannyKay (Suebabygirl) entered her name
23. Erin1958
24. Jenny
25. Lifesabeachkim
26. Middleofnowherenursery
27. Dottie in Virginia
28. Cookie lover
29. Shannonzanightowl
30. English Jan
31. EmilyJ
32. Wyatt'sMommy_Cassandra
33. Angelicabeb
34. JaNan
35. Pebby

Thanks ladies for joining in.
Last edited by LindaBforbabies on Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Wyattsmommy_Cassandra

Post by Wyattsmommy_Cassandra »

Beautiful Outfit! Thanks so much to Linda for organizing this!

Its been 2 years since we lost our sweet Wyatt, and this year on his angelversary I felt compelled to do something kind for someone else. I thought maybe bringing joy to someone elses day would make my day a little more bearable. Soooo, I wrote a little note, went through mcds drive thru and told the cashier I wanted to pay for the order behind me... I asked her to hand the person the note I had written when they got up to the window. The note talked a little about Wyatt and how this particular day would be forever ingrained in my mind year after year, but also how I wanted my sweet boy to be proud of me... to look at his friends in heaven and say "That one right there... thats my MOM" and with that, I ended the letter with "have a great life and remember to treasure everyday and smile"

I think im #32
Angelicabeb

Post by Angelicabeb »

I love doing little things for people ;) You never know what someone is going thru at that time. Buying some groceries, paying for the car behind you, my kids loved packing the shoeboxes for the Operation Christ Child. They were imagining how excited the kids receiving them are going to be! We ( kids, DH, and I ) donate monthly to the local Children's Hospital. As well as St Jude's.
We love to donate to the local food bank and clothing drives. It feels really good to help others, I especially love watching the pleasure my children get and receive from helping others :)

# 33
Thank you,
Angelica

LindaBforbabies

Wyattsmommy_Cassandra wrote:Beautiful Outfit! Thanks so much to Linda for organizing this!

Its been 2 years since we lost our sweet Wyatt, and this year on his angelversary I felt compelled to do something kind for someone else. I thought maybe bringing joy to someone elses day would make my day a little more bearable. Soooo, I wrote a little note, went through mcds drive thru and told the cashier I wanted to pay for the order behind me... I asked her to hand the person the note I had written when they got up to the window. The note talked a little about Wyatt and how this particular day would be forever ingrained in my mind year after year, but also how I wanted my sweet boy to be proud of me... to look at his friends in heaven and say "That one right there... thats my MOM" and with that, I ended the letter with "have a great life and remember to treasure everyday and smile"

I think im #32

Your story is both so sweet ... Little Wyatt would be so proud of his Mommy. :foryou:
LindaBforbabies

Angelicabeb wrote:I love doing little things for people ;) You never know what someone is going thru at that time. Buying some groceries, paying for the car behind you, my kids loved packing the shoeboxes for the Operation Christ Child. They were imagining how excited the kids receiving them are going to be! We ( kids, DH, and I ) donate monthly to the local Children's Hospital. As well as St Jude's.
We love to donate to the local food bank and clothing drives. It feels really good to help others, I especially love watching the pleasure my children get and receive from helping others :)

# 33

Thanks for your beautiful story... I have added your name... Good luck!!
JaNan

Post by JaNan »

wow! mine is going to seem so very insignificant by comparison....I try to do a good bit of kind gestures but it is not for strangers since I do not seem to get out of my house much these days...too much to do HERE!!!! :oops:
but I did run to Joann's the other day and was in line..and the lady ahead of me just had a fit over a Christmas kitchen towel I was buying as a gift...said she would have gotten that one if she had seen it. I gave her mine and went back and got another one...small thing...but she appreciated it. :heart:
Dolly Hugs JaNan
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

# 35
Last year I learned how to use my knifty knitter and I told my hubby that I was going to make hats all year long and give to the homeless this year. Even thou I am in Calif it still gets cold, in fact were having a cold spell right now. To date I have given away to the homeless 95 hats this year. They are so happy to get the hats, especially in this type of weather., I have always thought and said, "its the little things that can make a difference".

This is very nice of you Linda to have this giveaway.
Last edited by Pebby on Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
LindaBforbabies

JaNan wrote:wow! mine is going to seem so very insignificant by comparison....I try to do a good bit of kind gestures but it is not for strangers since I do not seem to get out of my house much these days...too much to do HERE!!!! :oops:
but I did run to Joann's the other day and was in line..and the lady ahead of me just had a fit over a Christmas kitchen towel I was buying as a gift...said she would have gotten that one if she had seen it. I gave her mine and went back and got another one...small thing...but she appreciated it. :heart:
I will add your name... everything counts and can help to make someone happy no matter how small the gesture..
Thanks for your story... :elephant:
LindaBforbabies

Pebby wrote:# 11
Last year I learned how to use my knifty knitter and I told my hubby that I was going to make hats all year long and give to the homeless this year. Even thou I am in Calif it still gets cold, in fact were having a cold spell right now. To date I have given away to the homeless 95 hats this year. They are so happy to get the hats, especially in this type of weather., I have always thought and said, "its the little things that can make a difference".

This is very nice of you Linda to have this giveaway.
Wow 95 hats....so neat.. and kind of you...can you share some pictures... some people will have warm heads and ears this winter because of you.... thanks for sharing your story... I will add your name... :dance:
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

Thank you Linda, here are a few for next year , a year is a long time so hopefully I can do this again, the hats are fun to make and not hard at all . I only hope to learn to make other things on the knitter.

just_Brenda

Post by just_Brenda »

Every year I buy a $100 Walmart gift card .
I walk through Walmart and listen to,what people are saying and I observe what they're looking for. Once I find just the right person I present them with the gift card.
One year it was young parents who were thrilled to see a toy their son wanted on the shelf, only to look at the price and put it back because they couldn't afford it.
Another year it was a disabled young man in a wheelchair buying a gift for his niece.
Last year a couple looking at bikes , they needed 2 but could only buy one .

I already have this years gift card ready and cant wait to surprise someone .

I don't want to be entered in contest just wanted to share, hopefully this idea will catch on and more will do it . Save up loose change all year to buy the gift card ...and it doesn't have to $100 ... can be any amount !
We don't know how strong we are, until being strong is the only choice we have .
JaNan

Post by JaNan »

Oh Brenda! I love that! will definitely try that one...and it reminded me of something I do every year...duh....forgot this one when I posted ..don't add me a second time I just want to share this so maybe others will do it too if you are so lead!
I read this in a fiction book and have done it for several years now. I put $100 in a Christmas card and we go out to eat a week or so before Christmas...I notice the name of our server and write it on the envelope when he/she is not at the table..then ...just before we leave I put the card on the table for them...it is anonymous of course ..I usually pray before going in that the Lord give us the server that most needs it! It just makes my Christmas! :heart:
Dolly Hugs JaNan
LindaBforbabies

Brenda and JaNan those are two great ways of giving at Christmas....and so much fun... how kind of you both..
I love it... You have both inspired me...

I love the hats so colourful and look cosy warm... great job!
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

Brenda
What a neat idea, I may try that next year.
~Marilyn~

Re: Paying it forward...contest..we have a winner!!

Post by ~Marilyn~ »

Congratulations Tiffany!
Love and hugs,
~Marilyn~
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Congratulations Tiffany!
Jonilyn

Post by Jonilyn »

Congratulations Tiffany! Thanks again Linda, you are so kind to do this!
tiffanybw

Post by tiffanybw »

Oh my goodness! Wow! I never win anything!

So ecstatic right now as that outfit is just gorgeous. Thank you so much LindaB for having this contest. :hug:

Thanks for all the congratulations also ladies! Even though I haven't been a member here that long, I've met so many wonderful people through this forum, and from buying the babies that I have, first one from Suzanne, and then one from Erin. Now in process (Tracy Lorraine was so kind to let me put a small deposit down because of Christmas and then pay her the rest after Christmas) of adopting from Tracy. And so being a member here has really put my mind at ease, as everyone I've interacted with so far has been so nice, kind hearted, and honest. I know that because of all the members here who band together and look out for each other that I won't get scammed (which unfortunately seems to happen quite a bit, both to sellers and buyers both). :(

I've got to get ready to go out the door. Going today with hubby and my mother in law to hopefully find the perfect kitten or cat for her at the animal shelter! And then to buy things for kitty! It's me and Eric's Christmas present to Joan. She is an amazing woman! We didn't always get along as well as we do now, and I think both of us have done a lot of growing up. My father in law has lung cancer and when first diagnosed wasn't expected to live but maybe a year. Well... we are now year EIGHT and Christmas number EIGHT!!! We have been blessed beyond measure to have Rock with us for so long and he is still going strong! It's a miracle for sure and I praise God for it as we believe in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior and also in the power of prayer! Joan has a really hard time, because she works hard being Rock's primary caregiver and also has her own health problems to deal with. Her sister (sister's husband recently passed away) got a kitten and all the time Joan talks about this kitten and how much good it has done for Lova to have the kitten, that the kitten keeps her company and just always talking about the kitten (and we can tell she wants one :D ). So, since a live animal, didn't want to surprise her but to ask first and she was so ecstatic and just can't wait and wants to go today to look for her cat. I'm pretty sure we won't be leaving the animal shelter empty handed. :lol:

I enjoyed so much reading about all the different random acts of kindness. Actually, 2 days ago, I was with Rishi (baby I'm a nanny to), and we were driving through Arby's to get lunch. It was a long line and I started thinking about the stories here of all the ladies who pay for the car behind them. I know it is weird, but the thought has never even entered my mind to do that. So I was thinking... "I should do this right now!"

I looked behind me to make sure it wasn't the Brady bunch or the local soccer team back there :lol: . It wasn't, just a man, probably in his 60's. And so as I went through the line I prayed for this man, and when I got to the front I told the cashier I wanted to pay for mine and the car behind me. The cashier said... "Why? You know them?" I said "Nope. Just want to do something nice and tell the man that I said God Bless Him and Merry Christmas.

The reaction from the cashier, and her fellow employees she started telling... just so cool! It was like immediately everyone was so excited (I guess where I live not a lot of people do this). The lady gave me 2 free dessert turnovers and I told her not necessary but she said yes take them. And the feeling I had as I drove out, knowing that the man behind me was about to be surprised with a free meal, I can't even describe how good it made me feel. Put me in such a good mood, I thanked Jesus for all the many blessings He has given me and my family, and the rest of my day was like walking on air!

And so thank you ladies who shared! Because if not for you I never would have thought to even do this! But now, I loved it so much and so I plan to start doing this at least once a month, maybe more. It truly is better to give than to receive. For me, it was just $11. But for that man, I'll bet it made his day. He probably went home and told his family and friends. And the impact it had on the employees in the store, so awesome! And so, there is no such thing as a "small" act of kindness. It ripples out to everyone and is not small at all, but HUGE!

The ladies here who know me already (like Suzanne, Erin, Tracy), they know how I'm definitely not short and to the point and I love to talk, talk, talk. Most of the time, even if I'm only planning to write a sentence, somehow turns into a short story, sometimes a novel. :oops: I'm sorry and don't feel like you have to read all of my blather. Again, :oops: .

God Bless everyone! And thank you so much Linda B, and all the ladies here. :grouphug: Got to go as Eric is yelling at me... :lol:

My sweet nephew Jeremiah, 1 month old now!