How do you know?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
ABabyC

How do you know?

Post by ABabyC »

Hi ladies,
I have never sold a baby from my collection and I'm therefore not experienced in this field whatsoever. I'm very curious to know, how do you know when it's time for one of your little darlings to find a new home?
Tracy Lorraine

Re: How do you know?

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

I'm sure it's different for each collector, but I choose to rehome the ones that aren't getting as much attention as the others. If I'm unsure about one, I will put it away in a bin or box for awhile & see if I miss it.
MariaJose and Zu

Post by MariaJose and Zu »

I think about sell or not sell a baby for some months.

Zu, forever in my heart :heart:
Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll »

I keep my babies until the need arises to sell or downsize like it did last year when we moved when I gave away several dolls to accommodate the smaller size of our home. It is always nice to share, too! Also if another baby "catches my eye", I will offer a baby in trade. I usually don't have much success in selling, so trading is my best way to be able to get a new baby. Just make sure that you really want to part with a baby. If you are satisfied with your babies, that is always OK, too.
"Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration"
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

when I realize I have not given that baby any thought or attention for months.... sometimes when I feel this way and I take photos of it for sale, I will fall back in love, otherwise if I don't I know its time..
tixiepixi_linda

Post by tixiepixi_linda »

I have heard of people putting dolls they weren't sure of away in a box and if you don't miss it you can sell on. I personally haven't done that, but I think very hard as I have bought back two of mine when they became available
I can think I could sell then a couple of weeks later think no way
Because of this I am extra careful now to purchase what I think will be keepers

It gets even harder when you run out of room and fancy a new face :?
x Hugs x
Linda

Madison by Andrea Arcello
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

Usually when I see another baby I just have to have I try to sell one but now I am down to all keepers...............It is very hard to give one up.......Hugs, kathy
hookedoncrochet

Post by hookedoncrochet »

I have never thought to sell my babies, I do use some of them as models for the crochet I sell, I guess when I get fed
up seeing them in my clothes I will think about giving them away or if still in good condition selling cheaply