Very serious problem in the reborn world

General "wanted" forum for anything doll related. Please post here if you are seeking.
grandmasheryl

Re: Very serious problem in the reborn world

Post by grandmasheryl »

I hope the lawyer let her have it ! Isn't it against the law in the USA to purposely falsify a government document application?
Especially since she only did it to be greedy greedy pants.
LittleTykesReborns

Post by LittleTykesReborns »

JudyP wrote:It says the page isn't available for me too!

It is unavailable for anyone outside of the US for some reason. I thought she had me blocked. Sad thing is, this has been going on for a long time... She is horrible.
Annette

Post by Annette »

Did you see the post on Facebook about the status of this trademark?
It says "Cancellation Pending"!!!! YAY!!!!
Hugs Annette
lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra

Post by lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra »

Just to clear up the cancellation pending. It automatically went into that status when we filed. she has until Feb. 13th to respond.
Annette

Post by Annette »

lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra wrote:Just to clear up the cancellation pending. It automatically went into that status when we filed. she has until Feb. 13th to respond.
Ah, I see. Guess someone on FB jumped the gun a bit. :roll:
Hugs Annette
JaNan

Post by JaNan »

she said initially (I think) that it was to slow down the china industry that is trying to take over the reborns with mass produced copies...but she must not have thought it through very well. This thing blew up the minute it hit FB and was passed all around and the woman was attacked verbally...her pictures...workplace and phone numbers shared all over FB and she and her family have received threats...NOT the way to handle it.
Bobbi has taken legal steps..that is sufficient....
Dolly Hugs JaNan
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

JaNan wrote:she said initially (I think) that it was to slow down the china industry that is trying to take over the reborns with mass produced copies...but she must not have thought it through very well. This thing blew up the minute it hit FB and was passed all around and the woman was attacked verbally...her pictures...workplace and phone numbers shared all over FB and she and her family have received threats...NOT the way to handle it.
Bobbi has taken legal steps..that is sufficient....
I believe that was all found out to be a lie tho. She was really doing it for the money.
1) you CAN'T make a trademark in the US that would effect another country. The trademark she has does not effect anyone outside the US. Even the smallest of research would have told her that.
2) she had planned take the trademark and make a new doll community - one that would work under her. Yes, she said this. Basically we would all have to pay a 'small fee' to her in order to use the term for our own selling/displaying purposes.

While I agree that threatening her is the worst thing to do and always makes situations so much worse, she was definitely not doing it for the benefit of the community. Only to make a quick buck for herself.
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
tiffanybw

Post by tiffanybw »

Does anyone know what is the status of this situation? Has the "original reborn" lady responded, agreed to cancel her trademark?

My sweet nephew Jeremiah, 1 month old now!
hookedoncrochet

Post by hookedoncrochet »

has she responded to the deadline ?
noniesgirl - Gina

Post by noniesgirl - Gina »

tiffanybw wrote:Does anyone know what is the status of this situation? Has the "original reborn" lady responded, agreed to cancel her trademark?
She said she would cancel it IF the money that was left in the Go Fund Me account - about $4000 would be given to her and a donation made to the charity of her choice, in her name. So she was using Blackmail to walk away form something she gained fraudulently. Better to let it go to court and see that she lied on a federal document…. also called "perjury".
tiffanybw

Post by tiffanybw »

noniesgirl - Gina wrote:
tiffanybw wrote:Does anyone know what is the status of this situation? Has the "original reborn" lady responded, agreed to cancel her trademark?
She said she would cancel it IF the money that was left in the Go Fund Me account - about $4000 would be given to her and a donation made to the charity of her choice, in her name. So she was using Blackmail to walk away form something she gained fraudulently. Better to let it go to court and see that she lied on a federal document…. also called "perjury".
Wow!

Just :shock: !

She wants the money that all of us donated. And then to try and keep up appearances also requests a donation made to a charity in her name. :roll: Shaking my head. If anyone questioned her motives before, they definitely shouldn't now.

Yes, let it go to court. I have no doubt that justice will be done.

dianna4108

Post by dianna4108 »

I always liked the term Life Like Baby Dolls!.. E bay has a category called reborn baby dolls.. I guess they are going to have to pay to use it..I didn't see this all when it started and only read a few of the thread .. what about onesie?.... every dept store sells them...I don't think I have ever heard of anything so stupid in My life....this woman is an idiot if she thinks she is endearing her self to the doll world...LOL
Dianna
sugarbritchesnursery
[image]9046[/image]
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

noniesgirl - Gina wrote:
Oh my gosh... what a money %lut..... she will get her come-upings. :evil: :twisted: :flamethrow:
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

Update from the Facebook group:

ATTENTION REBORN COMMUNITY!!!! WE WON!!!!! A default judgement was entered on Feb 23, 2017. http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=86618 ... atusSearch
So according to this she can still try to show cause for another 30 days on why a judgement of default should not be entered but... again she would have to prove everything else and she cant because she lied.
An answer to the petition to cancel was due in this proceeding on February 13,
2017. Inasmuch as it appears that no answer has been filed, nor has Respondent
filed a motion to extend its time to answer, a notice of default is hereby entered
against Respondent under Fed. R. Civ. P. 55(a).1
Respondent is allowed until thirty days from the date of this order to show cause
why judgment by default should not be entered against Respondent in accordance
with Fed. R. Civ. P. 55(b)(2).
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
tiffanybw

Post by tiffanybw »

Court_LLRN wrote:Update from the Facebook group:

ATTENTION REBORN COMMUNITY!!!! WE WON!!!!! A default judgement was entered on Feb 23, 2017. http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=86618 ... atusSearch
So according to this she can still try to show cause for another 30 days on why a judgement of default should not be entered but... again she would have to prove everything else and she cant because she lied.
An answer to the petition to cancel was due in this proceeding on February 13,
2017. Inasmuch as it appears that no answer has been filed, nor has Respondent
filed a motion to extend its time to answer, a notice of default is hereby entered
against Respondent under Fed. R. Civ. P. 55(a).1
Respondent is allowed until thirty days from the date of this order to show cause
why judgment by default should not be entered against Respondent in accordance
with Fed. R. Civ. P. 55(b)(2).

Hmmmm, so she never responded at all. Figures.

Anyways... :elephant: :headspin: :dance: and more :elephant: !

Becca

Post by Becca »

Wow. What a disgusting human being. How greedy can you be to want the rest of the donations that were donated to put a stop to you in the first place?? :roll: I wish she would at least get smacked with a fine but doesn't sound like it.

Good job everyone!!! :foryou:
:foryou:
Annette

Post by Annette »

Anything new on this? Is it now finalized?
Hugs Annette
safcfootienut_Jo

Post by safcfootienut_Jo »

Annette wrote:Anything new on this? Is it now finalized?

Cancellation is pending....guess just waiting for an official to update it.

Jo in the UK
Annette

Post by Annette »

safcfootienut_Jo wrote:
Annette wrote:Anything new on this? Is it now finalized?

Cancellation is pending....guess just waiting for an official to update it.

Jo in the UK
Thanks Jo. :) xx
Hugs Annette