Very serious problem in the reborn world

General "wanted" forum for anything doll related. Please post here if you are seeking.
Ginny W

Very serious problem in the reborn world

Post by Ginny W »

Please follow the link I am providing you if you are a seller of reborns, a reborn artist or even a collector of reborn dolls. It will also effect OOAK dolls as well.

https://www.facebook.com/debra.jadick
Last edited by Ginny W on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Visit all her photo album on FB
https://www.facebook.com/ginny.westley/ ... 317&type=3
Shannon

Re: Very serious problem in the reborn world

Post by Shannon »

It says the page isn't available.
Pat in Alabama

Post by Pat in Alabama »

Same here.
Wishing you a blessed day.
sherrybug

Post by sherrybug »

Came up for me....
Hugs,
Sherry

I do Silicone custom painting

cyndig77

Post by cyndig77 »

Came up for me. My suggestion is that every artist and collector spread her contact info, email, webpage, Facebook, Instagram etc everywhere and we ALL blow up every contact point with messages, texts, questions, anything else. If she has thousands of pieces of mail, info coming at her, she won't have time to do anything but clean out her mess so she'll stop reporting listings or change her identity
JudyP

Post by JudyP »

It says the page isn't available for me too!
lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra

Post by lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra »

That is because it is set to friends only on her facebook. You can read about it here on mine open to the world lol https://www.facebook.com/debra.jadick
In the jist there is a newcomer to the industry that has trademarked the term Reborn Baby Doll and The Original Reborn (that is also her name on FB) she has successfully had eBay and etsy close auctions of both Reborners and Collectors who have used these terms. Bobbi is in contact with an attorney. From what I have read about trademarks she should have never been given one so hopefully they will reverse it.
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

I think she is going to be in for a big shock soon enough.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
debi reborn classics

Post by debi reborn classics »

I hope she stops. It just isn't right what she did. Why in the world would she even THINK that it was right?????
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Maybe we need to contact Ebay if they are cancelling auctions just on her say so. Given the sheer volume of reborns and reborn related items why would they not realize she is in the wrong.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

eBay should be made aware of this person
I still don't know how she managed to even get that trademark.....???
Last edited by chelle77 on Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

Well by the looks of her very beginner looking dolls she should be taking a step back and trying to even learn how to correctly reborn before she makes claims like she is the very original trusted reborner like I seen on one of her ebay auction listings. Really putting other reborners down like they all are crooks and she is miss honesty herself.
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Visit all her photo album on FB
https://www.facebook.com/ginny.westley/ ... 317&type=3
lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra

Post by lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra »

georgeanne wrote:Maybe we need to contact Ebay if they are cancelling auctions just on her say so. Given the sheer volume of reborns and reborn related items why would they not realize she is in the wrong.
Because technically she is not wrong. She actually did trademark Reborn Baby Doll. So the only thing we can all do at this time is contact the trademark office and file complaints.
tiffanybw

Post by tiffanybw »

In what world would this woman think that it would be a good idea for her/ good for her business to do this? :dunno:

First off, the term "reborn baby" has been used to describe this type of art form ever since it's creation and unless this woman can prove that she is the very first one ever to have reborned a doll, that she invented the process and the name... I would think she is going to be not only out of luck, but also out of business (as one thing she has surely accomplished through all of this is blacklisting herself from the reborn community). What an ignorant woman. :trout: on her!

People have used this term to describe these babies for years upon years! It would be like trying to trademark the term "porcelain doll". Can't do that, that IS the type of doll that it IS! What else to call reborn babies? So ridiculous! If by some miracle this lady wins her battle, I guess I might go down to the patent office and trademark the word "pizza" and then start suing everyone who uses that word to describe their circle shaped bread based pies with tomato sauce and cheese on top. Or they can pay me a fee so they are allowed to use and say the word pizza. :roll:

Does this woman have a website and an eBay account where she sells her "one and only invented by her" reborn babies? Not buying one but I'd like to see her work. I don't understand, just why??? And then to top it off I guess she spends all her free time hurting fellow artists and collectors in this industry by stalking eBay and reporting every auction with the term "reborn". What does she want people to do, contact her for permission to use the word and pay her a fee each time we say or write the word "reborn"?

Well, reborn, reborn, reborn, reborn, reborn! Reborn baby doll, reborn baby doll! I have 6 original reborn dolls! I :heart: reborn baby doll's!

*runs to go get checkbook as I guess I now owe this woman a million dollars :roll: *

My sweet nephew Jeremiah, 1 month old now!
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

I couldn't read it either, the page didnt come up.
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

Ginny W wrote:Well by the looks of her very beginner looking dolls she should be taking a step back and trying to even learn how to correctly reborn before she makes claims like she is the very original trusted reborner like I seen on one of her ebay auction listings. Really putting other reborners down like they all are crooks and she is miss honesty herself.

I clicked on the link and it didn't work so I went to FB and is this Bobbi from Truborn? Who is doing all this?
safcfootienut_Jo

Post by safcfootienut_Jo »

Pebby wrote:
Ginny W wrote:Well by the looks of her very beginner looking dolls she should be taking a step back and trying to even learn how to correctly reborn before she makes claims like she is the very original trusted reborner like I seen on one of her ebay auction listings. Really putting other reborners down like they all are crooks and she is miss honesty herself.

I clicked on the link and it didn't work so I went to FB and is this Bobbi from Truborn? Who is doing all this?
Noooooo. Bobbi from Tru Born is fighting against this. I saw a picture on facebook suggesting her copyright has in fact run out so she is using it illegally then I assume????

https://scontent.fman1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=58EAEEAE

Jo in the UK
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

Well I couldn't see anything so maybe it has been removed? Thanks Jo.
karenwhitmore

Post by karenwhitmore »

I guess she wants to rule the world! Thinks she'll put eveyone out of business. Like one woman can supply the dolls of the world.