My Completed Listing Was Removed

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Shannon

My Completed Listing Was Removed

Post by Shannon »

What?! :shock:
So, I sold my RealBorn Sleeping Ana last Thursday. I just went to Ebay and had this message. What is the point of removing a COMPLETED and SOLD listing? :?
Of course, my buyer is messaging me wanting to know why it was removed. What a mess! :evil:

Your listing has been removed: Trademark Violation - Unauthorized Listing Content

Hello cajuncutiesnursery,

After reviewing your eBay account, we've taken the following action:
- Listings have been removed. A list of items that were removed can be viewed at the bottom of this message.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

Your listing was reviewed after receiving a report from the rights owner that your listing used their trademark without their permission. We urge you to contact the rights owner directly for more information about why they requested the review of your listing and whether you can relist the item.

For more information on our VeRO program, please visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/vero/infoforusers.html

If you have more questions, contact our policy experts:
http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusr?query=1337&=PTB1213
HunnyBunMama_Steph

Re: My Completed Listing Was Removed

Post by HunnyBunMama_Steph »

Shannon, thank you for posting. Your comments have been saved to our file to turn over to the Attorney for evidence. I encourage anyone who has been a victim of this situation, please post here so we have it all in one place. Thank you!
~Stephanie~
http://www.hunnybunsrebornsupply.com
"Quality & Service Second To None!"
Wyattsmommy_Cassandra

Post by Wyattsmommy_Cassandra »

What the world? Why would they remove an ended listing? This whole thing is ridiculous!
Sooooo many things I could say, but Ill keep my true feelings about this "woman" to myself out of respect for our community and the lovely ladies fighting this on our behalf...

Sorry Shannon :-(
TinaDolly

Post by TinaDolly »

I don't get it? How can they remove your listing of a doll you made? I would bring this to ebay attention and fight it because that is registered on your accounts, 1 more and you will be suspended
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

Shannon, that is terrible. I would call ebay.
grandmasheryl

Post by grandmasheryl »

I wonder if that biotech is going after all of the China sellersas well?
Susan Cornelius

Post by Susan Cornelius »

Are we going to have to call them "born again" dolls now??
TinaDolly

Post by TinaDolly »

Who and What is going on??? Are you telling me SOMEONE trademarks the words "Reborn Baby Doll" ?? That isn't listed under the VERo program so what is going on, have I missed something???
tiffanybw

Post by tiffanybw »

I'm so sorry. What a mess!

My sweet nephew Jeremiah, 1 month old now!
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

What do you suppose her motive behind all this?
mandyuk

Post by mandyuk »

Pebby wrote:What do you suppose her motive behind all this?
The only motive I can see is the fact her dolls are bloody awful and she can't get sales on her own talent so needs to wipe out the competition with any dirty trick she can. I for one will not be collecting dolls if all that will be available is her shoddy work I can tell you now.
Maybe if she put all her time and effort into learning to make realistic looking baby's then she wouldn't need these dirty tricks.
mandyuk

Post by mandyuk »

TinaDolly wrote:Who and What is going on??? Are you telling me SOMEONE trademarks the words "Reborn Baby Doll" ?? That isn't listed under the VERo program so what is going on, have I missed something???
The lady, Amy Duncan Wilson from USA has trademarked both the phrases, reborn baby doll and the original reborn baby. She calls herself the original reborn but has only been doing this little over a year. Thousands of listings are being pulled on eBay, etsy and anywhere else she can find, even here in uk now too. She is messing with thousands of people's livelihoods .All I can see is it affecting her sales in a negative way, I do t think it's going to help her at all !!!!!!!!!
TinaDolly

Post by TinaDolly »

mandyuk wrote:
TinaDolly wrote:Who and What is going on??? Are you telling me SOMEONE trademarks the words "Reborn Baby Doll" ?? That isn't listed under the VERo program so what is going on, have I missed something???
The lady, Amy Duncan Wilson from USA has trademarked both the phrases, reborn baby doll and the original reborn baby. She calls herself the original reborn but has only been doing this little over a year. Thousands of listings are being pulled on eBay, etsy and anywhere else she can find, even here in uk now too. She is messing with thousands of people's livelihoods .All I can see is it affecting her sales in a negative way, I do t think it's going to help her at all !!!!!!!!!
She can't do that. If the seller can prove that they have been a member and selling these dolls LONGER than her registration of those words then prove that to ebay and report her. She only registered that in 2015, if you have been selling these dolls longer than that, show ebay and they will take action.
Jackie1964

Post by Jackie1964 »

eBay is making a big mistake. They have made thousands opon thousands of dollars in fees from babies sold through their site. They are going to be left with nothing, but her work? Someone @ the bay, is not seeing the history and big picture. When they see, should it continue, the lost profits, someone will take a closer look at what she is saying is her trademark.

My thought is her plan goes much bigger, and that is to get all the artists, sellers, manufactures, anyone using the term reborn to pay her for the right to use it. THAT my friends is where I think she really plans to make her money, just my thoughts.
mandyuk

Post by mandyuk »

Jackie1964 wrote:eBay is making a big mistake. They have made thousands opon thousands of dollars in fees from babies sold through their site. They are going to be left with nothing, but her work? Someone @ the bay, is not seeing the history and big picture. When they see, should it continue, the lost profits, someone will take a closer look at what she is saying is her trademark.

My thought is her plan goes much bigger, and that is to get all the artists, sellers, manufactures, anyone using the term reborn to pay her for the right to use it. THAT my friends is where I think she really plans to make her money, just my thoughts.
She has already said to someone she is willing to sell the copyright for the right price.
eBay said that their programme detects listings and removes them, not sure what truth is in it though.
tixiepixi_linda

Post by tixiepixi_linda »

I am a collector. I think it is silly and laughable she thinks she can do this. But it's no laughing matter when it affects decent artists :(
x Hugs x
Linda

Madison by Andrea Arcello
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

mandyuk wrote:
Pebby wrote:What do you suppose her motive behind all this?
The only motive I can see is the fact her dolls are bloody awful and she can't get sales on her own talent so needs to wipe out the competition with any dirty trick she can. I for one will not be collecting dolls if all that will be available is her shoddy work I can tell you now.
Maybe if she put all her time and effort into learning to make realistic looking baby's then she wouldn't need these dirty tricks.

:thumb:
Debbie

Post by Debbie »

GRRRRRR, I'm so sick of this!!!!!
Elisabettas Babies

Post by Elisabettas Babies »

She's nothing but another scalper, we had all sorts of crazy and now it's simply her turn. I think she sat on her trademark until now hoping that we'd buy it from her in a heartbeat to salvage our holiday sales. Little did she know, reborners and collectors are a community and we don't back down that easily...