Desperate Plea to Jax ladies!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Tracy Lorraine

Desperate Plea to Jax ladies!

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Hey ladies. I just received a message from a dear DollFan member that also happens to be my friend. This is the message she sent to me via Messenger.

Also I want to put the word out that I leave May 5 for 10 days to help bring supplies to an orphanage overseas. (The organization she travels with is called Caring for China's orphans in Nashville TN.) I was there in July - its a desperate situation. The kids are ages 0-8 years old - I'm looking for used or new clothing in those sizes if you have any cast offs. I cleaned out my doll room, then I went on Gymboree.com today and ordered some clearance items. I have a long way to go. Pass the word along if you know of anyone with kids or dolls looking to unload the stuff. The bad part is the shipping to get it up here. These kids here are the ones that are hardest for me to find clothes for at the salvation army that aren't totally trashed already. Just want to get the word out to my doll friends. I know this is a burden of mine, and not necessarily everyone else's but these kids need help!

There is no running water at all here. No toilets. We are hoping that a plumber can be hired when we arrive to see about fixing that. Such a long way to go.

NOW....WHAT CAN WE DO TO HELP? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE CLEAN OUT YOUR CLOSETS & YOUR BINS OF CLOTHES THAT YOU ARE NOT USING SO THAT WE CAN HELP THESE KIDS. PLEASE BRING EVERYTHING WITH YOU TO JAX. I WILL COLLECT IT THERE & SHIP IT TO THIS SWEET LADY AT MY EXPENSE. EVER SINCE WE STARTED THIS MEET-UP, I'VE WISHED THAT WE COULD BE DOING SOMETHING AS A GROUP TO SUPPORT CHILDREN. I FEEL LIKE THIS IS ANSWERED PRAYER AS FAR AS ANSWERING MY QUESTION "WHAT CAN WE DO TO HELP & WHO CAN WE HELP?" THIS IS COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY FOR THOSE THAT WISH TO CONTRIBUTE. THANKS SO MUCH!

UPDATE: Here is more info that is on Facebook about the trip.
https://www.facebook.com/susan.corneliu ... f=NEWSFEED
Last edited by Tracy Lorraine on Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:36 pm, edited 6 times in total.
tiffanybw

Re: Desperate Plea to Jax ladies!

Post by tiffanybw »

Oh my gosh this is horrible!

What a wonderful thing your friend is doing, to go and help children in need.

What country is this in?

Also, where to send clothing to? Or monetary donations? (sorry, didn't read your part in red and I'm not going to Jacksonville but I would like to help)
Last edited by tiffanybw on Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

My sweet nephew Jeremiah, 1 month old now!
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

I am unable to attend JAX but I would love to help out. Could we just send stuff to you directly that you could add to the collection? Since you and I are both on the east coast shipping isn't that bad. I have many extra baby clothes that have never been worn that I would be happy to donate.
Hugs,
Nadia

Jenny

Post by Jenny »

I will start collecting stuff to bring!
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

NadiaK wrote:I am unable to attend JAX but I would love to help out. Could we just send stuff to you directly that you could add to the collection? Since you and I are both on the east coast shipping isn't that bad. I have many extra baby clothes that have never been worn that I would be happy to donate.
That would be wonderful, Nadia. Thank you so much for your help! :hug:
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

tiffanybw wrote:Oh my gosh this is HORRIBLE!

Is the orphanage a safe place for the children (meaning they are no longer tied to walls and being abused there but being taken care of there and safe from the past abuse)?

What country is this in?

Also, where to send clothing to? Or monetary donations? (sorry, didn't read your part in red and I'm not going to Jacksonville but I would like to help)
Unfortunately, Tiffany, these poor children are still in harms way...even in the orphange. We are truly blessed in the US. Any assistance will be put to good use. It will all be hand delivered to the specific facilities that my friend will be visiting.
Last edited by Tracy Lorraine on Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Jenny wrote:I will start collecting stuff to bring!
Thanks, Jenny! She also told me that diapers & plastic bottles can be used....but no toys. How sad is that?
19debra

Post by 19debra »

Where can we donate some money to help?
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

19debra wrote:Where can we donate some money to help?
Monetary donations are tax deductible and can be sent via pay pal to caring for Chinas orphans. I'll get the Paypal address & add it here soon. :hug:

Updated to add PayPal info for monetary donations....
PayPal
Caringforchinasorphans@gmail.com
Last edited by Tracy Lorraine on Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DollyBabeChris

Re: Desperate Plea to Jax ladi

Post by DollyBabeChris »

My closet could use a good cleaning.. Should I send my stuff to you, or directly to your friend? When is the deadline?
Chris

Tracy Lorraine

Re: Desperate Plea to Jax ladi

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

DollyBabeChris wrote:My closet could use a good cleaning.. Should I send my stuff to you, or directly to your friend? When is the deadline?
I'm asking my friends to ship to me & I will send it altogether with the items I collect in Jax. She's not going until May, but the sooner the better so she will know how much effort it's going to take to get it all to China. :hug: Thank you!
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

I would l LOVE to help Tracy. I will pm you so I can get the address to send clothing to you. This is so important and I need to start to pay-it-forward in honor of Judy's amazing gift to me.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

georgeanne wrote:I would l LOVE to help Tracy. I will pm you so I can get the address to send clothing to you. This is so important and I need to start to pay-it-forward in honor of Judy's amazing gift to me.
Thank you, Georgeanne! :toast:
Susan Cornelius

Post by Susan Cornelius »

Thank you Tracy for the plea for help. I know there are children all over the world who need help. I feel blessed to be able to hand deliver these items and know that they are going directly where they are needed so much. All your generosity means so much to me.
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

My gymboree order arrived today. I am now ready to get everything packed up to send to you Tracy. Sure hope other ladies will consider donating for this wonderful cause !!!!

Hugs,
Nadia

Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

NadiaK wrote:My gymboree order arrived today. I am now ready to get everything packed up to send to you Tracy. Sure hope other ladies will consider donating for this wonderful cause !!!!

Thank you, Nadia! Your post is such a blessing to me today! :hug:
Susan Cornelius

Post by Susan Cornelius »

Wow Nadia!! That's wonderful!!
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

What a great idea, hope you got a good response..............I just donated most of my babies clothes to our animal shelter............they have a store that they sell the items and all proceeds go to the animals......................Hugs, KAthy