GREEN arms and legs???

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
BetsyD

GREEN arms and legs???

Post by BetsyD »

I've been looking on ebay, and lately I've seen several dolls that have a greenish tint to their hands (partial arms too) and their feet. What causes this? Is there anything that will remove it?
grandmasheryl

Re: GREEN arms and legs???

Post by grandmasheryl »

Maybe they were too heavy handed with the colour wash?
BetsyD

Post by BetsyD »

Sheryl, you mean someone intentionally had put green paint on them?
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

Could it be a blue or gray tint and your monitor is seeing it green? Post a link, please.
BetsyD

Post by BetsyD »

Let me see if I can find one again. I've seen numerous on ebay where they say the doll needs tlc because of a "greenish tint" and when I see the pics it is greenish. I'll find one and post the link.
BetsyD

Post by BetsyD »

Well of course now that I'm specifically looking for the dolls I saw with green, I can't find them lol!!
NanaCarolyn

Post by NanaCarolyn »

I think it might be something wrong with the vinyl. I had a baby that was the softer "real touch" vinyl or whatever and the arms and legs turned a dark grey. I can't remember what company it was from but I don't think it was Ashton Drake. I had to buy new limbs. It was almost kind of gross.
Happy Dolly Days,

Hugs,
Carolyn

Elisabettas Babies

Post by Elisabettas Babies »

NanaCarolyn wrote:I think it might be something wrong with the vinyl. I had a baby that was the softer "real touch" vinyl or whatever and the arms and legs turned a dark grey. I can't remember what company it was from but I don't think it was Ashton Drake. I had to buy new limbs. It was almost kind of gross.
Yes it was indeed Ashton Drake. I traded a bunch of parts with a friend and several turned mold grey/green on me. Almost as if they got moldy inside the vinyl.
lifesabeachbabyKim

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

Looks like fading reacting with the color?? Like at some point she had on 3/4 sleeves for a long time???
Gina_Ooakbabies

Post by Gina_Ooakbabies »

I used to have an ashton drake welcome home emily that turned that color. i threw it out. she looked dead.
Ebay ID: Ittybittybabies 738 100% positive
Susan Cornelius

Post by Susan Cornelius »

I have a Jiao by Adrie Stoete that is grey. I'm waiting to send him to be painted to see if this will help.
~Marilyn~

Post by ~Marilyn~ »

You mean like this? It's the dreaded AD frostbite. There is no "cure" for this. I have treated her with acne cream, sun light, peroxide baths. They all worked temporarily. The blue/gray/green comes back after several weeks. I don't recommend buying any doll that has this. I'm stuck with a doll that I cannot sell. I am attached to her so she gets a sun treatment every summer. Every time it comes back it's worse than before . The AD company was no help at all.

Love and hugs,
~Marilyn~