Situation hopefully resolved!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
kd

Re: Situation hopefully resolved!

Post by kd »

There are several newbies who have posted expensive dolls for sale, and posted nothing else.
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

Amy, I hope your doll arrives soon. It is a shame it has taken you this long to get her,
Doll-Lee

Post by Doll-Lee »

Keep us posted. We will all want to know the outcome of this. I have to agree with Ruth, people don't get to know each other on here anymore. It was lovely when I joined (I didn't join just to buy and sell) as we all shared our love of dolls and posted pictures etc and it was nice. I've bought and sold many dolls over the years and got to know some wonderful people. I have one friend In particular that I would never have met if not for this site and she has seen me through the best of times and the worst of times. I'm sorry but like many ladies have said, if you're not posting on the site in general or haven't been on it long I probably won't buy from you as trust has to be gained I feel on sites like this before I hand over my hard earned money you need to establish yourself. That being said there are lots of members that I've purchased from in the past that I would buy from in a heartbeat. I think we all need to just use our common sense in transactions and if alarm bells ring then it's probably not worth taking the risk. Sometimes though things go wrong even despite our best efforts to protect ourselves. I do think these scammers should realise though that in this community we all talk and if you try to scam people you will be found out and called on it and quickly find no one will buy from you.
Love,
Lee
My beautiful Daisy xx

My eBay store.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/DOLLee-Collect ... 7675.l2563
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

I am also shocked at the new members that join and immediately post these dolls for sale and never introduce themselves, share their collection, talk about their passion for their reborn collection, nothing! Just join and start selling...then literally disappear! Some join just to purchase a doll that someone here on the forum is selling and then they disappear as well! It is truly heartbreaking the way the forum has become!

I tried for the longest time to keep it going with games, post, prizes, contest and had very little response! This forum is one of my most favorite HAPPY PLACES, not to mention where I have met some of the greatest friends in my entire LIFE!

Best of luck Amy! Little bit of advice for everyone before purchasing a baby from ANYONE! Look at their feedbacks, even take the time to read them, look closely at their pictures they post of the baby/babies they are selling, if they want you to go look here or there for the images of the baby they are selling then that would also raise a red flag . I know posting pictures can be a pain in the butt, but true images of the items you are selling is important! You need to be able to see clearly what you are purchasing. Sending money as friends and family is to be done with caution as well. I have no problem doing that with many of my dollfan friends, but NEVER with anyone new on here or with questionable feedback!

Again, Best of luck!
SharonL

Post by SharonL »

Another thing we're seeing more of from newer collectors is the practice of telling a seller they want to buy their doll and maybe even plan a layaway,, then change their mind at the last minute. Not because of money, but because they found a better last minute deal...the fact that the other person is left holding the bag, or the doll, so to speak, is not very nice. And usually, these buyers are repeat offenders. They want what they want and change their minds just as fast. And of course, this messes up the seller's plans if they were planning on paying for their dream dolly.
I''ve always given people second chances, but I think this is not nice behavior and I just pass on buyers who have been a pain in the past. It gets old, as they say.
SharonL
We now live in Virginia, about 20 miles south of Richmond.
Any dolly lovers, bear lovers, around?
SharonL

Post by SharonL »

Glad it all worked out for you.
SharonL
We now live in Virginia, about 20 miles south of Richmond.
Any dolly lovers, bear lovers, around?
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

So happy it all worked out in the end and that you love your new baby...
Annette

Re: SCAMMER ALERT! Ellies Reborn Nursery 1

Post by Annette »

NadiaK wrote:
cookielover wrote:This is one of the things that has really begun to bother me and make me mad -- DF being viewed as a sales place rather than a group of people who enjoy dolls and exchange information and support. There are so called "new members" who never say hello or tell anything about themselves or their dolls. They join and immediately are either selling or buying and that's it. I simply will not deal with someone like that because I don't trust them. Ruth
I totally agree with you !!!! I would think the right way to go about joining a new forum would be to post a thread to introduce yourself and then spend some time getting to know people and posting on the forum. Then maybe making even some small purchases like clothing or something to get some feedback. Instead so many first time posts seem to be I am selling such and such a doll for $2000, please email me for photos as I can't post pictures. Are they for real? Would never respond to such a post or even consider buying from them.
I too, agree with both of you. What really annoys me too, is that some of the newer members aren't reading the DF rules regarding putting their real name in their ID. And even when its brought to their attention, they still don't change it, or have Steve change it.
I really don't care to address someone as "pinky perky" or whatever their ID shows, if it's not their real name. :roll:
Hugs Annette
Annette

Post by Annette »

SharonL wrote:Another thing we're seeing more of from newer collectors is the practice of telling a seller they want to buy their doll and maybe even plan a layaway,, then change their mind at the last minute. Not because of money, but because they found a better last minute deal...the fact that the other person is left holding the bag, or the doll, so to speak, is not very nice. And usually, these buyers are repeat offenders. They want what they want and change their minds just as fast. And of course, this messes up the seller's plans if they were planning on paying for their dream dolly.
I''ve always given people second chances, but I think this is not nice behavior and I just pass on buyers who have been a pain in the past. It gets old, as they say.
Yes, that seems to be a recurring thing these days. :( Happened to me twice in the last few weeks. I'm a very understanding person, so I don't know why people don't have the courtesy to just tell the truth when they change their mind or see something else they like better. It really annoys me when I see the same person who told me their budget is such and such, so they can't get my doll, but go and buy someone else's for a higher price.

Sorry, rant over. :roll:
Hugs Annette
DonnaKelly 74

Post by DonnaKelly 74 »

That was me that Ruth is talking about. I purchased a Molloy doll and because I was so Pleased with my transaction and the seller and saw "Wanted" and "silicone dolls for sale" that it was normal. I did get a response about the Molloy baby and LEGALLY sent the seller her money thru Pay Pal and will have my baby next week. It seems to me that people have too much time on their hands and want to start a problem where there is none. And if Steve is monitoring the site he can see I am perfectly Legal. Thank you Ruth
DonnaKelly 74

Post by DonnaKelly 74 »

and I did not ask for your email and phone I give you mine. Please be accurate when making accusations. Thank you
MaggyMoo

Post by MaggyMoo »

I totally agree with you !!!! I would think the right way to go about joining a new forum would be to post a thread to introduce yourself and then spend some time getting to know people and posting on the forum. Then maybe making even some small purchases like clothing or something to get some feedback.
Well, to confess, I joined Dollfan to purchase a doll. I'm in and out of forums because my job ebbs and flows in demand. Also, I don't know if I have much to contribute to a conversation besides "such a gorgeous doll." I'm a collector not a painter. Not only that I don't have the funds to collect as much as I like. :(

But, I did want to mention, that I purchased a doll and did not receive feedback (this doesn't bother me). I think you're suggestion would be good if everyone provided feedback from people who purchases from them. Otherwise, there may people who have made purchases that never get feedback.