How are people handling the very defective mouth on the Penny kits?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
erin1958

Re: How are people handling the very defective mouth on the Penny kits?

Post by erin1958 »

Ginny W wrote:Don't know what you all have inside of your Penny kits mouth but this is what most of us have that we are upset about. Why would anyone plan something to be left like this?

I don't reborn anymore and really don't even collect reborns but there's NO WAY I'd ever believe this was done on purpose. It's clearly a flaw, in my opinion. Like someone pointed out, if she sculpted it like that on purpose, why wasn't it talked about? If the kit differs from the clay sculpt people ordered off of, that's simply not right.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
Julie56

Post by Julie56 »

has any one got a refund for their kit
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

I don't keep my babies with bottles or pacis in their mouths, so why would you want to look at this all time?????
rdodd75

Post by rdodd75 »

My husband just had a look at my kit as it arrived today. He said you can tell it was an error in the molding like a bubble and not done with the original sculpting.
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

rdodd75 wrote:My husband just had a look at my kit as it arrived today. He said you can tell it was an error in the molding like a bubble and not done with the original sculpting.

Okay look at it at this angle also. If someone at Natali's caliber of sculpting ability admits she so called did this on purpose then it really does not say much about her abilities now does it? I seriously can not believe how many people line up to pat her on the back for leaving a mess in Penny's mouth like that. Natali claimed she actually did this. Seriously??? Go ahead and insult us like we have no thinking ability! I refuse to believe someone at her level would ever just gouge out a chunk of clay and say, oh it isn't in the front of the mouth but it is still okay because I am a big name sculptor and everyone will still line up to still pat me on the back! Which they actually did! Yeah sure on purpose when it is almost all the way through the bottom of the mouth but it looks great to her! Anyone with a set of eyes can see an actual line all the way around that outage and that it has a sharp ridge the same as what would be if a piece broke out. I am disappointed in people for selling all of us out by saying it was great. I have a news flash..there is nothing behind that front ridge as claimed to be a sculpted tongue! :flamethrow:
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Visit all her photo album on FB
https://www.facebook.com/ginny.westley/ ... 317&type=3
Julie56

Post by Julie56 »

what dummy was the mouth made for, as I tried a preemie dummy and it is to big for the mouth, I tried a dummy with a little knob on the end as well and that didnt fit, so if any one has found a dummy to fit can you let me know please,
waterwaybabies

Post by waterwaybabies »

it certainly looks like a mistake to me?

i cant believe that she would sculpt it that way so........ was it a mistake in the casting that seemed to costly to own up to?

just speculating here.
rdodd75

Post by rdodd75 »

I think it was exactly that. A mistake in the casting that was too costly to admit to.
daniellebotto

Post by daniellebotto »

I would be very upset if I received the kit looking like this. It isn't what is shown in the prototype and why would the sculptor purposely leave the mouth looking like that? If I was the sculptor, I would be obligated to say that something went wrong in production.
Baby hugs,
Danielle

PS. If you need any yarn or fabric please let me know. I have too much!!!!
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

Natali will never step forward and admit anything. She has to many butt kissers on her side on FB lining up and patting her on the back for that fabulous sculpting she did on the tongue. Seriously this is the most ridiculous statement I have ever seen out of people. Look at the pictures and tell me a top well know artist would on purpose change a once beautiful sculpt and not say even one word about that change after you look at the photos! Why not be honest about it instead of ruining your reputation? I will saying over and over again. If you go from making beautifully sculpted kits to what is inside of Penny's mouth then maybe it is time to quit.
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Visit all her photo album on FB
https://www.facebook.com/ginny.westley/ ... 317&type=3
dmatthews

Post by dmatthews »

Wow! I really wanted this kit, but didn't get to get one. Now after looking at the mouth and tongue issue, I wont be buying this kit, not for 100.00. The price is wayyyyy tooo much for a kit with issues. Every time I try to sell it, I would have to explain in great detail why the mouth has a crack in it and try and sound like its a positive thing. I would possibly buy it at a boo boo or seconds kit price, because it will have to be sold as a baby with a boo boo. Other than that its to bad it happen to that kit. She is adorable.
rdodd75

Post by rdodd75 »

It will be interesting to see how Penny reborns sell and how easy the kits resell.
Misty

Post by Misty »

I finished her and was pleased with her mouth. Finished, she looks like you see her gums and the tongue is up against the roof of her mouth. As a collector also, I wouldn't be upset at all to receive her. The mouth is dark inside after painting it, and even with her sitting on my sunny shelf, nothing about her mouth looks "odd". I cut the tip off of a nuk paci and it fits nicely. She was one of my higher selling babies. I think her mouth is sweet.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/201814770308

I'm not trying to have a "side" in this argument. Just posting my personal experience for anyone that has the kit coming and is concerned.
JaNan

Post by JaNan »

I too think it is possible that the sculpt was damaged in the molding process and was not caught by Natali or too expensive to have repaired...
but...I think she is still a beautiful sculpt and I do not see that this "ruins" her...and I am not kissing anyone's butt by saying that..in fact..I find that a rather rude statement...JMO. :dunno:
Dolly Hugs JaNan
chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

I sold both of my kits ~I didn't see the tongue as ruining the doll but I did not appreciate buying the kit based on the sculpt only to get something different.
That is wrong,imo

That said~I saw a stunning Penny on FB this morning so hoping those of you that kept the kit get the same results :)

As far as butt kissing~I thought the few that called us out on not being happy with the changes that we were not informed about were rude. Especially the ones I saw saying we are jealous (Uhmmm I can't sculpt ~so not jealous,I promise) and the one that took to calling us stupid cows....

Not jealous ,not a cow,not stupid~~Just a bit put off at not getting what I ordered. Which is my opinion,and my right.
I wouldn't change a reborn after someone bought it from me~~I expect the same courtesy from sculptors.
No apologies here.
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

chelle77 wrote:I sold both of my kits ~I didn't see the tongue as ruining the doll but I did not appreciate buying the kit based on the sculpt only to get something different.
That is wrong,imo

That said~I saw a stunning Penny on FB this morning so hoping those of you that kept the kit get the same results :)

As far as butt kissing~I thought the few that called us out on not being happy with the changes that we were not informed about were rude. Especially the ones I saw saying we are jealous (Uhmmm I can't sculpt ~so not jealous,I promise) and the one that took to calling us stupid cows....

Not jealous ,not a cow,not stupid~~Just a bit put off at not getting what I ordered. Which is my opinion,and my right.
I wouldn't change a reborn after someone bought it from me~~I expect the same courtesy from sculptors.
No apologies here.
Wow, I had no idea people were being called names. Absolutely not right. I didn't buy the kit as I said, but saw the kit originally as it was shown and that is not what the mouth looked like. I buy a kit based on the picture of the kit and to get something different would upset me. Also I would not buy again from that particular artist. That is my right and my money we are talking about and NOBODY and I mean NOBODY has the right to call me names because of it. Shame on you not nice people for being that obnoxious.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Susan Cornelius

Post by Susan Cornelius »

Misty wrote:I finished her and was pleased with her mouth. Finished, she looks like you see her gums and the tongue is up against the roof of her mouth. As a collector also, I wouldn't be upset at all to receive her. The mouth is dark inside after painting it, and even with her sitting on my sunny shelf, nothing about her mouth looks "odd". I cut the tip off of a nuk paci and it fits nicely. She was one of my higher selling babies. I think her mouth is sweet.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/201814770308

I'm not trying to have a "side" in this argument. Just posting my personal experience for anyone that has the kit coming and is concerned.
Thank you Misty. Love to hear the positive on this sculpt. Your doll is beautiful.