How are people handling the very defective mouth on the Penny kits?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Julie56

Re: How are people handling the very defective mouth on the Penny kits?

Post by Julie56 »

blui wrote:How sad is it you still don't do research before tearing a kit and the sculptor down? It amazes me the bs that still goes on with certain people in the Reborn Community. :bash:

don't you think it should have been stated on the pre order that her mouth was made to take a real pacifyer, that way we would have been given the choice to pre order or not, it was not that way on the clay sculpt , we work hard for our dolly funds , and kits are not cheap especially here in Australia where we pay more , so where does the bs come into it, not on the buyers side I don't think, I love Natalie's sculpt's , one of my favourite sculptors, but am not impressed with this situation at all ,
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Didn't order this one, but that indentation and the inside of the mouth do not look right. This change should have been disclosed.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

georgeanne wrote:Didn't order this one, but that indentation and the inside of the mouth do not look right. This change should have been disclosed.
Did you see the last pictures I posted of the insides of the mouth? That doesn't even include the upper lip that is all choppy as well. That is my point as well. This should of been disclosed that the mouth had been mangled like it is. Genesis paints are not forgiving when you have to paint an area that has bad flaws like this. It is horrible if you have serious rough spots I can attest to from previous experience. And a side note, that mouth is made with the hole not centered so if planned why would we want a pacifier put in a doll's mouth off to the side as well?
I watched anxiously everyday for my kits to arrive. I loved this sculpt from the second I seen her first pictures released and now this... :? :cry:
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Visit all her photo album on FB
https://www.facebook.com/ginny.westley/ ... 317&type=3
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

I didn't order her because she reminds me too much of Saskia to be honest.

I saw the last pictures you posted and the inside of her mouth looks totally wonky to me. Just sorry this happened to all of you who ordered her.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Becca

Post by Becca »

blui wrote:How sad is it you still don't do research before tearing a kit and the sculptor down? It amazes me the bs that still goes on with certain people in the Reborn Community. :bash:

The pictures of the inside of the kit's mouth speak for themselves IMO. If it was intentional then it should have been mentioned in the preorder.
:foryou:
Becca

Post by Becca »

[image]Image[/image]
:foryou:
Dion

Post by Dion »

:( I am not a reborner, but I don't think that this is a case of "ultra-realism". As a collector, I wouldn't buy this sculpt as the mouth does look defective, which is very sad, as the rest of the face looks so beautiful. I guess that one could keep a pacifier in her mouth all the time, but some of us don't particularly like pacis. Since the product was altered from what was advertised, I think refunds are in order for unsatisfied customers. So sorry this happened to everyone. I would disappointed and mad, too!

Hugs, Dion
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

I have to laugh at Natali's letter saying this was on purpose. So you on purpose leave the insides of a mouth with huge gouges out of the vinyl also to the level of being paper thin then? Anyone that has this kit in hand if they have any eyesight at at all can see this is not any realism at all and it sure is not a tongue! I was just working on one of my Penny heads trying to repair that mouth and behind that front ridge is a total mess and no idea even where to begin to fix that. I guess being it is far enough back hopefully it will not show in the final stages of painting. The vinyl is paper thin in the bottom of the mouth. Was that too planned? How come there is a distinct outline of the cut out area then? Did she just take a tool and gouge out a hole in the clay and say hey that's a tongue? I want someone to show me a tongue for real that even comes half way close to what is inside this mouth
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

Someone I was FBing with asked a good question~~If this was planned then why not advertise it that way??
Surely an innovative idea such as making the tongue a certain way so that it can take a pacifier would have been a stellar selling point for many...?
Why make it a surprise after the big deliberate change??
chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

Dion wrote::( I am not a reborner, but I don't think that this is a case of "ultra-realism". As a collector, I wouldn't buy this sculpt as the mouth does look defective, which is very sad, as the rest of the face looks so beautiful. I guess that one could keep a pacifier in her mouth all the time, but some of us don't particularly like pacis. Since the product was altered from what was advertised, I think refunds are in order for unsatisfied customers. So sorry this happened to everyone. I would disappointed and mad, too!

Hugs, Dion
Thank you for the input as a collector Dion. :foryou: It shows that not all people will be happy nor willing to buy the finished doll with the odd appearance of the gum/tongue
Susan Cornelius

Post by Susan Cornelius »

I hope everyone asks for a refund.. then mine will be "rare" . LOL.. I just think there is so much worse going on in this world to get uptight about this. If your not happy, send them back. At least Macphersons has offered a full refund as far as I know.
Mine are coming from Germany, so I will be keeping them.. and on my long list of Holy Cows - this one will be peanuts. Don't sweat the small stuff.
Julie56

Post by Julie56 »

a friend of mine had 5 orders for Penny , 2 have now backed out, not liking the mouth ,
rdodd75

Post by rdodd75 »

I had a post in a Facebook group about the kit with a lot of comments and it was deleted. I guess we're all meant to hush up, pay our money and accept a faulty kit?
Susan Cornelius

Post by Susan Cornelius »

No - return it - you don't have to accept anything.
Julie56

Post by Julie56 »

Susan Cornelius wrote:No - return it - you don't have to accept anything.
I don't think us Aussies are being offered a full refund, so we dont have the choice to send them back
rdodd75

Post by rdodd75 »

I haven't had any offer to receive a refund so in Australia we either pay the full invoice or lose our preorder deposit.
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

chelle77 wrote:Someone I was FBing with asked a good question~~If this was planned then why not advertise it that way??
Surely an innovative idea such as making the tongue a certain way so that it can take a pacifier would have been a stellar selling point for many...?

That was my point exactly too. I see someone stating it really is such a small deal. But if you do not have a lot of extra money to pay for your kits and supplies, yes it is actually a big deal. I have been hearing that many people that were wanting special order Pennys don't want them now. This will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

Ginny W wrote:
chelle77 wrote:Someone I was FBing with asked a good question~~If this was planned then why not advertise it that way??

That was my point exactly too. I see someone stating it really is such a small deal. But if you do not have a lot of extra money to pay for your kits and supplies, yes it is actually a big deal. I have been hearing that many people that were wanting special order Pennys don't want them now. This will be interesting to see how it plays out.
I agree~to say it isn't a big deal is subjective. Nobody knows what anyone's financial situation is and to buy multiples of this kit at 100.00 plus per kit is a big deal if they aren't going to sell after being painted or as special orders .Especially to those that aren't being offered a refund. :?
JaNan

Post by JaNan »

Personally..I think most ALL kits are overpriced...that said..I sure understand upset when a kit appears defective...or not what you thought it would be.
I think it is sad that often when we find a defect in a $100+ kit we stuck with it...but in this case...as challenges go...I do not see it as a big issue..yet!
I am going to take it as a challenge and see what I can do..she is a beautiful sculpt otherwise..anyone not up to the challenge...get a refund! :wink:
Dolly Hugs JaNan
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

Wow I'm really sorry to hear about this.
Whether done purposefully or not, the point here is that there were changes made to this sculpt AFTER preorders were open on this kit. Natali should be willing to refund everyone - including dealers - for those who ask for it. This is an absolute no-no.
As someone said before - if you sell a reborn and then make changes to it before you send it to the customer - it is not considered 'not as described', therefore the contract of the sell is null and void.

I've been burned more times than I can count and learned my lesson about preordering kits based on the clay sculpt alone. I refuse to do this. Even if that means missing out on a limited edition kit. I just refuse. Especially with the increase in kit prices.
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations