1st time paypal probs. HELP!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
LollipopCradle_Paula

1st time paypal probs. HELP!

Post by LollipopCradle_Paula »

I logged onto my paypal account this morning to find that I have chargebacks for 4 transactions from the same person. the credit card she used to make payment says the payments were unauthorized. she purchased two dolls from me (custom orders) and has sent messages through facebook stating that she was pleased with the dolls. The first two payments were made on Jan 13 as deposits and the other two were made on Feb 3 when the dolls were completed and then mailed. there was a 5th payment that doesn't have a claim on it. That payment was for an upgraded box opening for one of the babies.

I am in a panic now. I don't know how to handle this. Can you ladies offer advice? I did contact the customer through FB letting her know about it and asking if she knew anything about it. She had purchased two other babies from me earlier in the month with no problems.

Is there any seller protection for me? I called PP just now but it must be too early. I will call again when I get back from my doctor's appointment. I feel sick over this!
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
safcfootienut_Jo

Re: 1st time paypal probs. HELP!

Post by safcfootienut_Jo »

Keep calling paypal. If she has done a chargeback I understand they are hard for paypal to fight although you do have your messages as evidence. What a crappy thing for your customer to do :( you just don't know who you can trust out there any more.

Jo in the UK
grandmasheryl

Post by grandmasheryl »

Make sure you let others know her name, this could be a trick she pulls on a lot of people.
Take screenshots of Facebook right now so she can't change them,send those to paypal.
When you provide them proof it is pp. problem, they have to deal with the credit card.also let them know these were custom dolls.
If they were bought "fraudulently" why have they not been returned?
Last edited by grandmasheryl on Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

If she is saying she was happy then she obviously authorized the payment
Save those posts and use it as proof that she is lying not to mention stealing
If you could name this person so others can be forewarned that would be great.
Sounds like a real piece of work :bash:
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

Take screenshots of all the transactions showing that she sent the money from the address linked to PayPal you sent the dolls. Did you upload the tracking info into each payment when you shipped it? You will also need to show tracking for the dolls. Hopefully, you had signature confirmation for each. Not entirely sure how partial payments are covered with them. I do know that they are bound by law to do a chargeback anytime a CC company has contacted them about unauthorized charges.
Jonilyn

Post by Jonilyn »

How stressful! I hope it gets sorted out quickly in your favor.
LollipopCradle_Paula

Post by LollipopCradle_Paula »

Thank you all for your advice. I sent the customer a private message this morning letting her know about the charge back and asking if she knew anything about it. Her response was simply "no, I didn't". so I explained how it was affecting my account and that I would be sending pp the proof and let them fight the cc company. then she apologized an said she was trying to get it straightened out. :roll: We'll see how that goes.

I have talked with a pp representative. He was very helpful. I shipped through pp so he was able to track and confirm delivery. He started the process of investigating and suggested, as you did, that I send the screenshots. This had me in panic mode this morning. Now I'm just waiting :pray:
Tiffeny

Post by Tiffeny »

Paula, while you definitely need to have your pictures and all that.. it is also important to write down the name of the person you talked to and the time and date. That way if there is any questions about what that person told you you have the name and all that. It's often good to also ask them their employee number. Although some refuse to give it. So sorry this is happening to you.
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

I have two dolls ready to be sold and this just scares me now to even try any more. Is there no end to this type of thing any more? I wonder what the actual legal stand point is.
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Visit all her photo album on FB
https://www.facebook.com/ginny.westley/ ... 317&type=3