Contest to do a prototype

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Marita Winters

Contest to do a prototype

Post by Marita Winters »

Hello all,
Okay, I am FINALLY ready to finish the prototype contest I started over a year ago! At that time, I promised 2 prototypes to this group and 2 prototypes for members in another group in which I am involved. This last year was a really rough year for me, and I have not been a doll fan member for over a year, so am not sure anyone here is still interested. There will need to be at least 10 entries in this group for the contest to be done. If there is not enough interest, the contest will be canceled. Thanks!

Anyway, the "rules" are simple:
1. This is for people who have never done a prototype before.
2. You will enter by sending photos of one of my doll kits you have reborn. Please do not send photos of other dolls you have done because they will be eliminated. (sorry) When you send photos, please consider that this is the way the kits are advertised and sold, so the photos must be as awesome as the reborn painting and rooting.
3. When all the photos are sorted and organized, each member of doll-fan will get one vote for the one they believe is best. The two with the highest vote counts will win the prototypes.
In your voting, please consider - the best painting, rooting and photography. These are the three things that a prototype must have to sell the kits.
4. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE IN BY MARCH 18, 2017. The winners will be chosen by Doll-fan members. I will set up a poll and the Voting will be the next week after the 18th.

DIRECTIONS FOR ENTERING:
1. You may enter up to 3 dolls by March 18th.
2. Each entry must have at least: 1 close-up of face painting, 1 close-up of rooting, 1 close-up of fingernails or toenails, and 1 photo of the whole doll posed.
3. All entries should be sent to me through private message.
The photos that you send should be resized to no larger than 800x800.

The winner will get to choose to do a prototype from one of two new kits. The first choice is a 15-16" preemie kit, the second choice is a 22-23" 2-month old baby. Both are full limbed. Photos below:

Preemie kit is called Blessing. Prototypes for Blessing (if all goes smoothly at the manufacturer) will be here in late March or early April. (I will keep you all updated on that).

The 2 month old baby is called Tacy. Prototypes for Tacy are expected in late April or early May.
ImageImage
If there are any questions, please ask! :-)
Last edited by Marita Winters on Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Marita Winters

Re: Contest to do a prototype

Post by Marita Winters »

I just want to add for those of you unsure of doing prototypes. I allow my artists to do the work in their timing, but it should be done (for YOUR sake as well as mine) before the kits are in. After all, the idea of a protoype is to sell and pre-sell the kits. If it takes you 2 or 3 months to get a doll done, it really doesn't work for a prototype, but you will have a month or so. I encourage my artists to do THEIR style with the kit. That is what we love about your work is your own style, so don't try to do something different for a prototype.

The prototypes are sent to you at no cost and will include a body. If you prefer a different type of cloth body, you are welcome to use what you like. The doll may be painted any skin tone and may be either boy or girl. I love creative dolls and do like some monster dolls, but request that my baby doll prototypes be painted as real babies. If for some reason you have an oven melt-down, you need to just relax. I have 3-4 prototypes and if one is ruined accidentally, I will not bite your head off. I can send you replacement parts after the regular kits arrive.

Please do not add clay parts to the prototypes. People need to see them exactly as they come. Thanks!
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

He is just gorgeous Marita... I love how you have given him so much detail... I don't reborn...but I am going to be getting this kit.
SweetSunriseBabies

Post by SweetSunriseBabies »

Oh Marita! This is such an awesome opportunity! I'm so excited to enter, thank you for the chance :heart: I love your past babies and these new sculpts just as much!
~Tiffany~
Instagram: Sweet_Sunrise_Nursery
FB:Tiffany Campbell or Sweet Sunrise Nursery
Marita Winters

Post by Marita Winters »

Thank you ladies! I hope there are still some reborn artists in this forum, and there will be enough entries. I have been gone for so long and it seems like there are mostly silicone dolls and collectors?
JanelleMarie

Post by JanelleMarie »

Marita,
I am sure you will have more than enough to choose from!
Your new babies are just gorgeous!
I don't qualify, as I have been blessed with the opportunity already, but I wanted to wish everyone who enters good luck!!!
Be sure to add these babies to your preorder list, You will not be disappointed!!!
Hugs xxx
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

Oh wow! I love both of these kits! Preemies and bigger babies are my favorites. :heart:
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
~Marilyn~

Post by ~Marilyn~ »

Welcome back Marita! This is a wonderful and generous opportunity. Both babies are gorgeous. I look forward to seeing all the entries. Good luck to everyone!
Love and hugs,
~Marilyn~
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Marita I am so glad to see you back. I think about you often and was hoping everything was alright. I hope this year is much much better for you. Blessings always.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Marita Winters

Post by Marita Winters »

Thank you Georgeanne. I appreciate that.
~Marilyn~

Post by ~Marilyn~ »

I don't know if you got your 10 yet but this post deserves a bump!
Love and hugs,
~Marilyn~
tiffanybw

Post by tiffanybw »

Bumping this.

Have 10 entered yet? I hope enough do. There are so many talented artists here and it would be so exciting to see all the contest babies, and then the ladies who win have this incredible opportunity to do a prototype!

I would enter, but I've never painted a reborn, and pretty sure the result would not be prototype worthy. :lol:

My sweet nephew Jeremiah, 1 month old now!
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

Bumping this up... as you know I have done a prototype :D Your kits are a joy to paint!!!!