Removing glass beads from reborned limbs? How to unroot hair?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
WickedMama

Removing glass beads from reborned limbs? How to unroot hair?

Post by WickedMama »

Recently traded for a baby who needs some touch ups. She still has fine glass beads in her limbs that I cannot get out...ideas? Will it be ok to reborn/heat with them there?
Also...she's rooted. How do I remove the hair?
Thanks in advance!!
Pebby

Re: Removing glass beads from reborned limbs? How to unroot hair?

Post by Pebby »

How much of the glass beads are left in her limbs? If there are just a few it should be ok. As far as the hair goes, if it is mohair, you can wet it lightly and just start by using a circular motion with a cloth and then start pulling it out. You will have fine hairs left, then you have to use twezers to pull the fine hairs out. It can be a process but you can get it all out. Hope this helps.
WickedMama

Post by WickedMama »

Pebby wrote:How much of the glass beads are left in her limbs? If there are just a few it should be ok. As far as the hair goes, if it is mohair, you can wet it lightly and just start by using a circular motion with a cloth and then start pulling it out. You will have fine hairs left, then you have to use twezers to pull the fine hairs out. It can be a process but you can get it all out. Hope this helps.

Thanks!! It's just a few beads stuck in there. I really hope I can get this hair out! :D
cyndig77

Post by cyndig77 »

IF the hair doesn't come out easily, I soak the head in warm soapy water for a few hours...that will usually soften up the glue...if there is a lot I've been known to scrape it out with a spoon...like cleaning out a pumpkin. That will make the hair much easier to pull out and really sticky lint rollers will help gather up the loose ones so you can see the ones still needing the tweezers.
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

cyndig77 wrote:IF the hair doesn't come out easily, I soak the head in warm soapy water for a few hours...that will usually soften up the glue...if there is a lot I've been known to scrape it out with a spoon...like cleaning out a pumpkin. That will make the hair much easier to pull out and really sticky lint rollers will help gather up the loose ones so you can see the ones still needing the tweezers.

Just make sure the paint has been cured properly.
WickedMama

Post by WickedMama »

Thanks everyone! Got the hair out, most of it haha.
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

:)
Crystal-caelinsmomma

Post by Crystal-caelinsmomma »

For fine, wispy hairs, I put hot glue on the area, let it dry, and then pull it off, it brings all of the hair with it. For a whole head, I have even done this, just cut the hair down close to the scalp, apply the hot glue, and pull it out.
WickedMama

Post by WickedMama »

Oh wow that's a great idea! I'll keep that in mind! Thanks
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Yeah, I've used the hot glue trick a lot. Just don't cut the hair too short because you want there to be some hair for the glue to grab onto. Usually I leave it about 1/4" +/-. And it won't take off the paint either. Also, don't leave it on for too long - put it on, let it cool and pull the glue and hair off. I've left it on for several hours and it gets hard to get off the vinyl. Not impossible, but difficult.