New to DollFan and the story behind the Emerie Mei and Melina Arcello portrait sculpts

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
LynnW

New to DollFan and the story behind the Emerie Mei and Melina Arcello portrait sculpts

Post by LynnW »

Hi ladies! :hi ya:

Just wanted to pop in and say hello and introduce myself. I have been a collector of reborns off and on for the past 8 years and a long-time reader of the DollFan forums but thought I should finally say hi. :) A little about me... I have always loved dolls and had Barbies, Cabbage Patch and American Girl as a child and also collected porcelain dolls. I remember thinking as a child that it would be fun to have a baby doll that was life-sized and could wear real baby clothes but there weren't any good options back then.

Fast forward to my adulthood -- I got back into collecting American Girl dolls as an adult big time and my collection grew for many years. One day when I was searching Ebay and stumbled upon reborns and was just amazed (and a little freaked out at first!) at the realism and artistry. I was fairly newly married at the time and my husband and I weren't even thinking of starting a family yet but I totally fell in love with the doll I saw at the time. It was the Lotus sculpt by Adrie Stoete and reborned by Jacalyn Cassidy. I later added two other reborns and enjoyed them at home, but was never all that active in the hobby.

Fast forward a few years, and I had my daughter Audrey. Being a new mom was the most amazing experience and I remember just wanting to freeze frame this one moment of when I was holding her as a baby and wishing that I could always recapture that time. At the time I was reading about the new full body silicones on DollFan and decided to contact Andrea Arcello to see whether she might be able to do a portrait doll of my daughter. I wanted a sleeping sculpt but Andrea wanted to do an open-eyed version. We compromised and she decided to do twins (one sleeping, one awake). There were many projects already in the works so this project took a while to complete, but 3 years later, Emerie Mei was released. She is the portrait sculpt of Audrey when she was about a month old. A year after that Melina, the sleeping twin, was released and is the portrait of Audrey asleep at the same age. I feel so blessed and fortunate to have these two portrait babies. They are my most precious dolls in my collection.

My daughter is now 5 and I also now have a 2.5 year old son as well. Both my kids are my loves but I have also rediscovered my love of dolls recently. I recently got Audrey a relatively inexpensive silicone 10 inch baby from Ebay (she named her "Baby Grace" and takes her everywhere!) and we also love collecting Paradise Galleries dolls together. I have also recently acquired a beautiful Saskia from Ebay and Connolly from Jo here on DollFan and have two more babies on the way. So, I guess you could say I've been re-bitten by the reborn bug. I also have another exciting project in the works which will be a while coming, but will be sure to share with you ladies once it comes to fruition.

I am so excited to get back into this hobby and for the first time I bought tickets to the Rose Doll Show this summer and am also planning to take the air dry painting class, as I think it would be so amazing to learn this art form. I work full-time, so this would be just a hobby for me but I hope it's something that I can continue to love and enjoy and I really look forward to meeting and getting to know the many wonderful ladies on this forum.

Sorry this is so long and thank you for letting me share!

Warmly,
Lynn :D
On YouTube: Little Foot Nursery - youtube.com/c/LittleFootNursery
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/littlefootnursery1/
LynnW

Re: New to DollFan and the story behind the Emerie Mei and Melina Arcello portrait sculpts

Post by LynnW »

Here is a picture of Emerie Mei (I named her Isla) and Melina (named Aria) together.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Heidi

Re: New to DollFan and the story behind the Emerie Mei and Melina Arcello portrait sculpts

Post by Heidi »

Welcome, Lynn! :foryou:
You will have so much fun here, it's a great place with so many lovely people. :grouphug:
Love your story!
tixiepixi_linda

Post by tixiepixi_linda »

:hi ya: and welcome! I lurked for a while before joining too :)

Sounds like you have a wonderful collection
x Hugs x
Linda

Madison by Andrea Arcello
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Welcome to DollFan!
Joanne mum of 5

Post by Joanne mum of 5 »

Hi Lynn Welcome to this lovely forum ,the ladies and men are just wonderful here and i hope baby connolly is setterling well in his new home . Your emerie and melinda are beautiful and you are truely blessed that they are your daughters portraits ..i would love portraits of my children but i have 5 so id need to win lottery first ..lol ..love jo xxx :foryou:
Remember, Stressed is just Desserts spelt backwards :)
julieb

Post by julieb »

Hi Lynn and welcome to the forum sure you will love it here :grouphug:
safcfootienut_Jo

Post by safcfootienut_Jo »

Welcome to doll-fan. Would love to know what your daughter thinks of her mini me sculpts :)

Jo in the UK
Jenny5

Post by Jenny5 »

Welcome to Doll-fan! :foryou:
What a lovely story- thank you for sharing!

Your children must be beautiful, as Emerie Mei is gorgeous doll ;)
I look forward to meeting you at Rose this Summer.

Jen
:D Jen xx
LynnW

Post by LynnW »

Thanks so much for the replies! Jo, I adore Connolly and will get some pictures of him posted soon! Yes, that would be a lot of portrait sculpts if you have 5 kids! I'd like to get one done of my son at some point, so we'll see :)

My daughter loves her portrait sculpts. We watch Youtube together and she loves watching Zara on hellomelissasue's channel. I need to get a more recent picture of her with the two babies, but I'll post one from when we first got Emerie Mei home and a few of her newborn pictures so you can see the inspiration behind both babies. The awake pictures are from when she was a month old and the sleeping ones were from 2 days old believe it or not! She was 5 days past her due date and 9 pounds 15 oz at birth.. she pretty much went straight to 0-3 month clothes :D

I am so excited to be part of this community :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Susan@childrenoftheheart

Post by Susan@childrenoftheheart »

Hi Lynn -- Welcome to DollFan! I cannot tell you how happy I am with my Emerie Mei. I have also sold 3 of her to other customers. I have Melinda on order since July and cannot wait to get her. Andrea's sculpt of EM is spot on! Your daughter is beautiful. I adopted a little girl from China almost 6 years ago and think she is just an angel sent to me. I will cherish Emerie Mei and Melina forever. Thank you for having Andrea sculpt her! It's nice knowing her background.
AnJD

Post by AnJD »

Welcome Lynn. :hi ya:

Love your story and all the pictures you've posted. Thank you for sharing it. :foryou:
An
Annette

Post by Annette »

:hi ya: Welcome! Thankyou for sharing the story behind two very sought after "babies". You must be so proud. :). And
how exciting to have your beautiful daughter portrayed in the form of a gorgeous doll! Andrea has captured her perfectly in both dolls.
It sounds like you have well and truly caught the doll collecting bug again. :). There's no fighting it, and no cure! :lol:
I look forward to seeing more of your collection. :)
Hugs Annette
Jasmin

Post by Jasmin »

Welcome to Doll Fan Lynn ! :hi ya: It is nice to meet you !

Your daughter is Beautiful !

It is awesome to see the real baby pictures that were made into Beautiful Portrait baby dolls.

I am a Melina Mommy too. :) I adopted the # 1 Prototype from Andrea. I just instantly fell in love with her. Here is some pictures of my little Melina...

My Prince Charming Humphrey Elliott Lucas by Andrea Arcello
Kelliegirl

Post by Kelliegirl »

Hello and Welcome to Doll Fan!! :hi ya:
Hugs, Kellie :D

~*Precious Baby Girl*~
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

Welcome to doll fan Lynn... Your girls are beautiful and you are so lucky to have sculpts of them!!!
tiffanybw

Post by tiffanybw »

Welcome!

And thanks so much for sharing your story about Emerie Mei, Melina, and the inspiration behind them... your little girl Audrey. I loved reading it. :foryou:

My sweet nephew Jeremiah, 1 month old now!
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

Welcome...Audrey was a beautiful baby...and is an adorable little girl...
Andrea did a great job on Melina and Emerie..
thanks for sharing your stories and pictures..
Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll »

Welcome to Doll-Fan!!!
Enjoyed your beautiful story behind the dolls!!
What a beautiful little girl & the likenesses are spot on!!!
There are so many wonderful people here to chat with & so many beautiful babies!!!
"Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration"
erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

Welcome Lynn and thanks for sharing your story. Your daughter and her likeness babies are all beautiful. It's fun to see her with Emerie Mae. Have fun and enjoy the forum.

Oh and my siggy baby, Zoe by Claire Taylor, is a portrait of my youngest Granddaughter Zoe so I know the exciting feeling.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin