New to DollFan and the story behind the Emerie Mei and Melina Arcello portrait sculpts

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
LynnW

Re: New to DollFan and the story behind the Emerie Mei and Melina Arcello portrait sculpts

Post by LynnW »

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I look forward to getting to know everyone. And thank you for the kind words about my daughter. Andrea did a wonderful job on the two sculpts and I truly love them both.

Susan, that is so exciting that you have Melina coming to you soon too! I hope you love her as much as Emerie Mei. And can I just say, Jadyn is precious! She seems like such a sweet girl and always has a smile on her face. I remember your mentioning her on other posts and I love the picture of Jadyn holding Emerie that Andrea posted on her website.

Jasmin, your Melina is beautiful! She really looks SO much like my daughter as as newborn -- I'm so glad you love her. :heart:
On YouTube: Little Foot Nursery - youtube.com/c/LittleFootNursery
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/littlefootnursery1/
safcfootienut_Jo

Re: New to DollFan and the story behind the Emerie Mei and Melina Arcello portrait sculpts

Post by safcfootienut_Jo »

LynnW wrote:Thanks so much for the replies! Jo, I adore Connolly and will get some pictures of him posted soon! Yes, that would be a lot of portrait sculpts if you have 5 kids! I'd like to get one done of my son at some point, so we'll see :)

My daughter loves her portrait sculpts. We watch Youtube together and she loves watching Zara on hellomelissasue's channel. I need to get a more recent picture of her with the two babies, but I'll post one from when we first got Emerie Mei home and a few of her newborn pictures so you can see the inspiration behind both babies. The awake pictures are from when she was a month old and the sleeping ones were from 2 days old believe it or not! She was 5 days past her due date and 9 pounds 15 oz at birth.. she pretty much went straight to 0-3 month clothes :D

I am so excited to be part of this community :D
Wow......absolute dead ringer portrait sculpt. Your daughter is a total cutie too :wink:

Jo in the UK
Californiateri

Post by Californiateri »

Welcome to Doll-fan Lynn. Your daughter is beautiful. Andrea did a fantastic job of capturing her image in the dolls. I'm taking the air dry painting class at ROSE too. Look forward to meeting you then.
teri - and my sweeties

MonikaS

Post by MonikaS »

Welcome to Dollfan! :grouphug: Your babies are lovely! So fabulous that you could have them made.
Last edited by MonikaS on Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
MonikaS
LynnW

Post by LynnW »

Thanks again everyone for the comments! A few more pictures to share :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carolr

Post by Carolr »

Welcome to DF and thank you for sharing your story. Audrey is a beautiful little girl and was a gorgeous baby. I love both scrupts as we have two daughters from China. I hope to get Emerie Mei back someday!

Love the picture of both of them together!
:idea: Hugs, Carol
Mikki

Post by Mikki »

Welcome..your babies are stunning
Realborn Jaxon

Mikki W
~Marilyn~

Post by ~Marilyn~ »

Welcome to DF and thank you so much for sharing your story and pictures of your beautiful little girl. :foryou:
Love and hugs,
~Marilyn~
Sally - USA

Post by Sally - USA »

Hi Lynn W!
Welcome to Doll-Fan. It's such fun to know the stories behind the dolls.
You're daughter made a wonderful doll model - thank you for sharing her.
I only wish I was one of the lucky doll mommies. Sigh.
Sounds like you better have a big house for all your dollies and children. LOL
LynnW

Post by LynnW »

Sally- haha, our house is actually quite small, and I need to figure out a better way to store and display the dolls. I still want to collect more and have a portrait sculpt done of my son someday. :) Thanks for the kind words and hopefully an Emerie or Melina will come up on the secondary market for you! :)
Ginas_reborns

Post by Ginas_reborns »

Hello Lynn, it is so very nice to "meet" you, welcome! Your daughter is beautiful and certainly made a great dolly for us. How special for you! xx :hug:
TinyTimms_Doris

Post by TinyTimms_Doris »

What a wonderful story! Andrea did an amazing job capturing her likeness. Thank you for sharing. I LOVE the pictures of them together.
LynnW

Post by LynnW »

My nephew who is 3 months old came to visit and I just had to get a picture of him with Isla and Aria. He actually reached out and grabbed Isla's hand - it was sooo cute!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

Welcome to our lovely Dolly world and your babies are gorgeous.............Hugs, Kathy
ceciliamartin322

Post by ceciliamartin322 »

Hi Lynn

It's Cecilia. Finally joined Doll fan. I saw a silicone baby from Tasha Edelman. She's asking $600 but she was made in 2007. Is that too old for a silicone

She has a post and pictures. What do you think. I value your opinion.

Thanks

Cecilia
LanaDollfana

Post by LanaDollfana »

Welcome Lynn. How amazing to have two such wonderful sculpts of your daughter. Sounds like you have been bitten by the reborn bug. There are many of us here with the same condition. Have fun.
LynnW

Post by LynnW »

Hi Cecilia! I didn't see your post here until now, as this was an older thread, but I think $600 is a very good price for a silicone baby. Just important to note that the older silicones are usually a different material, dragonskin and are more firm. Some collectors actually prefer the firmer silicone and others prefer the softer ecoflex. It's all personal preference. :)

LanaDollfana - I have totally been bitten by the reborn / silicone bug. It's good to know that others here share the same condition, lol. It makes collecting so much more fun to be able to share this hobby with others!