New Buyer is a SCAMMER on eBay and....

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Ginas_reborns

Re: New Buyer is a SCAMMER on eBay and....

Post by Ginas_reborns »

Jen wrote:
TinaDolly wrote:
Ginas_reborns wrote:Hey really sorry this happened and don't shoot me but alot of red flags and mistakes made. You did not post a link to your auction so I have no idea what your cancellation policy is but if someone wants to cancel it is just best to do so, whatever the reason. Keep a depo and refund the rest and then sell the doll on. Most buyers are good people and will acknowledge your right to keep a depo for your time. I know it stinks but buying a doll is usually a personal experience for the buyer, especially a custom, so if there are bent feelings from the beginning it is not going to go well.

Now she has the doll and wants a refund. Whatever the reason it is best to either accept the doll back and refund once you have it back in the condition it was sent or offer a partial refund. Even if she pulled all the hair out or what not you should tell her to simply send the doll back and once you receive it in the condition it was sent you will refund. (If she refuses to send the doll back, you win the claim). When you get the doll back now you have the evidence in your possession and are in a better position to take pics and present to eBay your box packing photos (and hopefully you take them) along with pics of the doll after you got it back showing how it was damaged. Make sure to take all pics with a piece of paper with the date written on it, box packing pics too.

So a couple of things ~

If you offer a buyer a partial refund to settle any disputes make sure there is a case open with eBay. If there is not a case open tell the buyer they must open a case for you to give the partial refund. This is because once the buyer accepts a partial and the case is closed they cannot come back in the future to again ask for a refund, but if there is no case and you do give a partial they can come back for more later.

You said your internet was down for 6 days so I am assuming you did not respond to the eBay claim she made as well as her personally. The customer and eBay will assume you are ignoring. I know snow storms and stuff happen that can knock down internet service but if you are doing business on eBay you should have a back up, like service with your phone if your home service is down so you can at least answer emails and claims though there. Also maybe get to a local library to use a comp there if you can. Not answering for whatever reason is not the fault of eBay or the customer and will go badly for you as you have found out.

When doing a custom, if you accept all the money upfront you should put it aside and not spend it until the customer has received the doll and is satisfied. This goes to just selling a doll out right as well. That way if there is a problem and a refund is in order the money is there and you are not put out. If you are using some of the money for supplies you can send the customer these items back along with the left over money, or keep and send a full refund, again minus the depo.

Good feedback means nothing and does not guarantee the customer will not be refunded later if they choose to dispute the sale. The best way to protect yourself is to keep detailed photos and records of the transaction for at least 6 months after the sale and answer all disputes and emails in a timely manner. Not answering a claim will result in the customer getting away with what she did.
She refused to send the doll back after ebay awarded her winning the dispute so I am out of the money & the doll for this transaction. And you are correct I should have just said, Ok lets cancel but then I ran the risk of receiving negative feedback from her and I didn't want that. In my listing it says NO REFUNDS and she knew that and she paid all upfront but expected the doll to be shipped within a few days. I will really get ticked off if I see her selling the doll she has not paid for on ebay.

If she asked to cancel and you agreed, she cannot leave you negative for that as she asked for it. I do believe if an order is cancelled, and agreed by both parties, feedback can no longer be left. If she was able to leave feedback, you could have brought the messages to ebay showing you did as she asked by canceling it, and they would remove it.

Jen is correct. If you both agree to cancel no feedback can be left. And yes it is crappy of this woman to keep the doll and the money even though eBay is allowing it I will agree but she damaged the doll so we know she has no sense of decency. I have her blocked and appreciate you letting us know about her. I wish you well going forward. :hug:
TinaDolly

Post by TinaDolly »

Thank you Gina!!
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

I just don't buy off Evilbay anymore............just this reason.................so sorry............Hugs, Kathy