New Buyer is a SCAMMER on eBay and....

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
TinaDolly

New Buyer is a SCAMMER on eBay and....

Post by TinaDolly »

I have never had this happen to me before in over 10 years of selling dolls. This woman purchased a CUSTOM reborn off me then waited a week to tell me she wanted to cancel. I should have but I didn't. She then went on and on and on about this heart condition and screaming and yelling at me. Again I should have cancelled but I didn't. So she received the doll, left me great feedback, waited 5 days then posted not as described. I uploaded photos of the doll as did she after she pulled out all his hair. Can you believe eBay sided with her and gave her the money back AND let her keep the doll? I am so pissed off I could just jump off my roof into the nearest snow bank.

This is the email she sent me through ebay.
----------------------
I did as eBay requested...to wait 5 days for you to send me a Prepaid Shipping Label. You chose to ignore the request and sent nothing. I spoke with eBay just now and the case is Closed. I am not required to send you anything as you did not follow instructions per eBay Policies.

Please do not contact me again or I will take action for harassment.
-------------------------

I could not send her a shipping label because my internet has been out for 6 days so I did not choose to ignore her.

She seems to know a LOT about ebay policies. I am thinking this is a seasoned Veteran of ebay and not some newbie.

Place this vicious woman on your blocked list "missdemeanor4".

She posted this on her description of herself on ebay too..
My rules as a Buyer: 1. I pay attention to feedback 2. Have learned not to trust quite so much when it comes to descriptions & photos. 3. Am always honest & direct when leaving feedback.

Her name is Cynthia Noelle Jensen and she is from Indianapolis. I wish there was a way to perma block all new ebay members!

This has left such a bad taste in my mouth. I am out $500 and the doll. Its unbelievable the lengths people will go to get something for free.
LanaDollfana

Re: New Buyer is a SCAMMER on eBay and....

Post by LanaDollfana »

Grrrr. I would still call ebay and explain the situation. I just can't believe they let these people get away with this robbery which is what it is. Can you post feedback on her account?
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

With an ID of "missdemeanor4" I don't think I would do any type of business with her ever. That tells so much.
TinaDolly

Post by TinaDolly »

She asked for FB the day she paid and even if I did a follow-up she could contact ebay and have it removed. Like I said, she is a Pro and probably has another account or got suspended and is using this one to screw people over. And now I have a strike on my account because of no shipping label and -300 in my Paypal. This transaction has made me sick to my stomach. I would love to plaster her telephone number everywhere. :( :( :( :( :(
TinaDolly

Post by TinaDolly »

Brooke wrote:With an ID of "missdemeanor4" I don't think I would do any type of business with her ever. That tells so much.
I had no choice she did a buy it now and had no feedback, I had no choice to block new accounts
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

I'm so sorry this happened to you. These scammers are taking the fun out of everything!
safcfootienut_Jo

Post by safcfootienut_Jo »

Call paypal and speak to someone. You will still have your auction pictures I assume and can prove to them you had no internet access. Keep calling until you find a sympathetic ear!!!!!

Sorry you got scammed.

Jo in the UK
TinaDolly

Post by TinaDolly »

safcfootienut_Jo wrote:Call paypal and speak to someone. You will still have your auction pictures I assume and can prove to them you had no internet access. Keep calling until you find a sympathetic ear!!!!!

Sorry you got scammed.

Jo in the UK
Been there, done that. Nothing I can do to get my money back. :banghead:
safcfootienut_Jo

Post by safcfootienut_Jo »

TinaDolly wrote:
safcfootienut_Jo wrote:Call paypal and speak to someone. You will still have your auction pictures I assume and can prove to them you had no internet access. Keep calling until you find a sympathetic ear!!!!!

Sorry you got scammed.

Jo in the UK
Well that totally bites.....I once threatened paypal with the financial ombudsman and got a refund. No idea if you would have access to anything like that?????

Jo in the UK
TinaDolly

Post by TinaDolly »

safcfootienut_Jo wrote:
TinaDolly wrote:

Sorry you got scammed.

Jo in the UK
Well that totally bites.....I once threatened paypal with the financial ombudsman and got a refund. No idea if you would have access to anything like that?????

Jo in the UK
I did threaten them, they don't care, they only read off a written script.

For everyone's sake, just block this flake!

FYI... these are the eBay members she is following so BEWARE :banghead:

katescradles
irresistables
kearbear81
pudnickel
pixeldesignsbydestiny
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

I cannot believe they let her keep the doll! There is something seriously wrong with that policy. :twisted:
TinaDolly

Post by TinaDolly »

Shannon wrote:I cannot believe they let her keep the doll! There is something seriously wrong with that policy. :twisted:
Yup I know all because I didn't provide a packing slip to ship the doll back which I shouldn't have had to do in the first place. It was CUSTOM made. I have never had a problem with my reborns, ever until she came along. Here are some of the messages she left me on eBay BEFORE I even mailed it...

Have a good read...

New message from: missdemeanor4 (2)

Have you received the Kit for Baby Noah? The last message you sent said it had not been received by you yet. Please let me know the progress.
Cynthia
So she knew I had to order the kit and that it wasn't in stock

Since the Kit just came today, how is it possible that I will receive the item by February 24, 2017 - the deadline stipulated in the details of the auction?

I was under the assumption you already had the kit and was just waiting on a buyer to get started. I am uncomfortable about all of the stipulations you are now placing on the order such as weather conditions, etc. I am uncomfortable not knowing what may possibly come up that will prevent me from receiving the doll. My question is this: Why did you put a doll up for auction that you did not even have the material for?
Liar, she knew I had to order the kit, I told her that it would take about 4 days to get it, its not like I keep 1000 kits in stock at any given time

I received your message about why there has been no progress on Baby Noah and I am extremely uncomfortable with this purchase. I wish to CANCEL the purchase and receive full reimbursement. I order this doll for a very personal reason. Allow me to explain:

I am 73 years old with a congestive heart failure and a Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm that is 6 centimeters in size (about the size of a woman's fist). The aneurysm is inoperable due to my congestive heart failure so my time here on earth is limited. The vascular surgeon says that when the aneurysms does finally rupture, I will bleed to death on the spot. My life now is lived day by day. The reason for wanting a reborn baby is to have something to love. I am home-bound with no way to go anywhere and the days and nights are extremely long. I have no visitors and the reborn baby would give me comfort. I would ask that you cancel the order & refund my money so that I can purchase a reborn baby that is already made.

I am even more uncomfortable after receiving your response.

At this point, you are giving me no alternative but to wait and see the final product. IF the baby is not as seen and described, I will have someone return that baby to you. I will then contact eBay for the guaranteed money back feature.

I DO NOT WANT a baby that has been thrown together at the last minute. I want what I purchased.

There will be no further communication from my end until I see the doll. Stress is one thing they say I must avoid and this one transaction has me stressed to the Max. It certainly isn't worth dying over.

Then comes Feb 24th

New message from: missdemeanor4 (6)

I am requesting an update on the progress of Baby Noah. Is he finished yet and when will he be shipped.

Thank you

He is finished and will be mailed tomorrow I will update the tracking number tomorrow
Sent from my iPhone

New message from: missdemeanor4 (6)

Thank You
Tiffeny

Post by Tiffeny »

I know exactly how you're feeling. Ups is just as bad. a few years back a woman wanted to custom cuddles doll so I made one for her and she actually wanted some specific outfits so I made sure that I got them and I mailed the doll out. After several days she contacted me and said that she never received it although I had the receipt that said it was delivered she kept saying she never got it so she opened a claim with PayPal.and PayPal sided with her even though I showed them everything. The sad thing is is that I had already made her two dolls and she had received them and was very happy with them and. so I never expected to have a problem with the third one. she even tried to get back her nonrefundable deposit and the money for the mohair that she purchased. I told her no. that she wanted the specific mohair and she bought it herself she wanted it rooted and I did that. Then when it came to her nonrefundable deposit I said you wanted the specific kit I bought it and I bought all the stuff that was needed to go with it. you knew right at the beginning that it was nonrefundable so no I'm sorry I'm not giving it back to you. Somehow I managed to get away with that.but she still got more than three quarters of her money back. The sad thing is is that I still to this day believe that she got the doll and here's why I say this when we were emailing back-and-forth I told her when she kept saying she didn't receive it I said fine I'll make you another one. and she was like well no I think I might want you to make kitten or one of the other quads that they have and I was like no. You were insistent that you wanted cuddles and so that's the one that I will redo for you.that's what made me believe that she had the doll and was just trying to get a free one.

But enough of my story I am so sad that this happened to you. Thank you for sharing her name though.…

EBay is not fair to anybody let me just tell you that, myself my son and my daughter all have eBay accounts. My son did something he wasn't supposed to supposedly according to eBay on his account.and so they suspended my selling account and my daughters and they said we can never get it back because we still live at the same address. And he could be using our accounts to still sell things. I explained the we sell very different things. look at what I sell look at what my daughter sells and then look at what my son sells. OK pretty much everything I sell is related to dolls and babies. My daughter is pretty much the same on occasion she'll sell a knickknack or a video game but that's it and they still would not bend any which way to let us have our accounts back. it's been almost a year now and I've tried contacting them again to see if there was a waiting period or something and that's when they told me now that will never be able to sell on those accounts again even if we were to create another one it would get suspended because the address is the same.
TinaDolly

Post by TinaDolly »

I know it sucks but you can get another account just get a position box and make up a name and get a prepaid credit card with thst name on it. EBay doesn't care anymore about their sellers only their buyers but they wonder why sales are down!

Sorry to hear about your problems too, so many sketchy ppl, out there

This all makes me want to give uo, it's not fun anymore when you have to worry BUT THOUGHT it was all ok when she posted me POSITIVE FB 3 days before she filed the claim
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

Oh gosh.....that is just so awful! I'd try paypal again to see if you get someone else who will side with you. I'd also put her name out on Fbook to EVERYONE, not just your friends. Shame her publicly if you can. I am so very sorry.
Inspired_Rebecca

Post by Inspired_Rebecca »

I'm so sorry - stories like this though are why I never want to sell something on eBay. Even when you do everything correctly the scammers still seem to win -
Rebecca
Ginas_reborns

Post by Ginas_reborns »

Hey really sorry this happened and don't shoot me but alot of red flags and mistakes made. You did not post a link to your auction so I have no idea what your cancellation policy is but if someone wants to cancel it is just best to do so, whatever the reason. Keep a depo and refund the rest and then sell the doll on. Most buyers are good people and will acknowledge your right to keep a depo for your time. I know it stinks but buying a doll is usually a personal experience for the buyer, especially a custom, so if there are bent feelings from the beginning it is not going to go well.

Now she has the doll and wants a refund. Whatever the reason it is best to either accept the doll back and refund once you have it back in the condition it was sent or offer a partial refund. Even if she pulled all the hair out or what not you should tell her to simply send the doll back and once you receive it in the condition it was sent you will refund. (If she refuses to send the doll back, you win the claim). When you get the doll back now you have the evidence in your possession and are in a better position to take pics and present to eBay your box packing photos (and hopefully you take them) along with pics of the doll after you got it back showing how it was damaged. Make sure to take all pics with a piece of paper with the date written on it, box packing pics too.

So a couple of things ~

If you offer a buyer a partial refund to settle any disputes make sure there is a case open with eBay. If there is not a case open tell the buyer they must open a case for you to give the partial refund. This is because once the buyer accepts a partial and the case is closed they cannot come back in the future to again ask for a refund, but if there is no case and you do give a partial they can come back for more later.

You said your internet was down for 6 days so I am assuming you did not respond to the eBay claim she made as well as her personally. The customer and eBay will assume you are ignoring. I know snow storms and stuff happen that can knock down internet service but if you are doing business on eBay you should have a back up, like service with your phone if your home service is down so you can at least answer emails and claims though there. Also maybe get to a local library to use a comp there if you can. Not answering for whatever reason is not the fault of eBay or the customer and will go badly for you as you have found out.

When doing a custom, if you accept all the money upfront you should put it aside and not spend it until the customer has received the doll and is satisfied. This goes to just selling a doll out right as well. That way if there is a problem and a refund is in order the money is there and you are not put out. If you are using some of the money for supplies you can send the customer these items back along with the left over money, or keep and send a full refund, again minus the depo.

Good feedback means nothing and does not guarantee the customer will not be refunded later if they choose to dispute the sale. The best way to protect yourself is to keep detailed photos and records of the transaction for at least 6 months after the sale and answer all disputes and emails in a timely manner. Not answering a claim will result in the customer getting away with what she did.
Jen

Post by Jen »

I find it is always better to just refund them. I know it sucks and it is like they are getting away with it, but on the flip side, they get away with it anyway as ebay, 99% of the time, sides with the buyer.
When people start throwing out how they are dying, and have all these illnesses, my radar goes up. I have witnessed so many people at the end of their life and not one was thinking about material things.
That doesn't mean those kinds of people don't exist, but I personally think it is BS in the doll world because so many use those excuses to try and guilt others to get what they want. And even IF they are telling the truth, using an illness to try and guilt people to get what you want is just so classless, it disgusts me.
I am sorry this happened to you, but in the future the minute they start acting like this just refund them, seriously, it never goes well from what I have seen.
TinaDolly

Post by TinaDolly »

Ginas_reborns wrote:Hey really sorry this happened and don't shoot me but alot of red flags and mistakes made. You did not post a link to your auction so I have no idea what your cancellation policy is but if someone wants to cancel it is just best to do so, whatever the reason. Keep a depo and refund the rest and then sell the doll on. Most buyers are good people and will acknowledge your right to keep a depo for your time. I know it stinks but buying a doll is usually a personal experience for the buyer, especially a custom, so if there are bent feelings from the beginning it is not going to go well.

Now she has the doll and wants a refund. Whatever the reason it is best to either accept the doll back and refund once you have it back in the condition it was sent or offer a partial refund. Even if she pulled all the hair out or what not you should tell her to simply send the doll back and once you receive it in the condition it was sent you will refund. (If she refuses to send the doll back, you win the claim). When you get the doll back now you have the evidence in your possession and are in a better position to take pics and present to eBay your box packing photos (and hopefully you take them) along with pics of the doll after you got it back showing how it was damaged. Make sure to take all pics with a piece of paper with the date written on it, box packing pics too.

So a couple of things ~

If you offer a buyer a partial refund to settle any disputes make sure there is a case open with eBay. If there is not a case open tell the buyer they must open a case for you to give the partial refund. This is because once the buyer accepts a partial and the case is closed they cannot come back in the future to again ask for a refund, but if there is no case and you do give a partial they can come back for more later.

You said your internet was down for 6 days so I am assuming you did not respond to the eBay claim she made as well as her personally. The customer and eBay will assume you are ignoring. I know snow storms and stuff happen that can knock down internet service but if you are doing business on eBay you should have a back up, like service with your phone if your home service is down so you can at least answer emails and claims though there. Also maybe get to a local library to use a comp there if you can. Not answering for whatever reason is not the fault of eBay or the customer and will go badly for you as you have found out.

When doing a custom, if you accept all the money upfront you should put it aside and not spend it until the customer has received the doll and is satisfied. This goes to just selling a doll out right as well. That way if there is a problem and a refund is in order the money is there and you are not put out. If you are using some of the money for supplies you can send the customer these items back along with the left over money, or keep and send a full refund, again minus the depo.

Good feedback means nothing and does not guarantee the customer will not be refunded later if they choose to dispute the sale. The best way to protect yourself is to keep detailed photos and records of the transaction for at least 6 months after the sale and answer all disputes and emails in a timely manner. Not answering a claim will result in the customer getting away with what she did.
She refused to send the doll back after ebay awarded her winning the dispute so I am out of the money & the doll for this transaction. And you are correct I should have just said, Ok lets cancel but then I ran the risk of receiving negative feedback from her and I didn't want that. In my listing it says NO REFUNDS and she knew that and she paid all upfront but expected the doll to be shipped within a few days. I will really get ticked off if I see her selling the doll she has not paid for on ebay.
Jen

Post by Jen »

TinaDolly wrote:
Ginas_reborns wrote:Hey really sorry this happened and don't shoot me but alot of red flags and mistakes made. You did not post a link to your auction so I have no idea what your cancellation policy is but if someone wants to cancel it is just best to do so, whatever the reason. Keep a depo and refund the rest and then sell the doll on. Most buyers are good people and will acknowledge your right to keep a depo for your time. I know it stinks but buying a doll is usually a personal experience for the buyer, especially a custom, so if there are bent feelings from the beginning it is not going to go well.

So a couple of things ~

She refused to send the doll back after ebay awarded her winning the dispute so I am out of the money & the doll for this transaction. And you are correct I should have just said, Ok lets cancel but then I ran the risk of receiving negative feedback from her and I didn't want that. In my listing it says NO REFUNDS and she knew that and she paid all upfront but expected the doll to be shipped within a few days. I will really get ticked off if I see her selling the doll she has not paid for on ebay.

If she asked to cancel and you agreed, she cannot leave you negative for that as she asked for it. I do believe if an order is cancelled, and agreed by both parties, feedback can no longer be left. If she was able to leave feedback, you could have brought the messages to ebay showing you did as she asked by canceling it, and they would remove it.